Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 19th March 2012, 13:37   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Additional registration needed for installing audio system in Kolkata?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soleinkol View Post
Thanks for all the responses, and a very happy 2011 to all of you!

I got the RTO receipt (RC smartcard 30-45 days away) - but for audio it IS 1520/- INR in Beltola RTO (1500 for registration and Rs 20 is for some surcharge etc). So I was not cheated on that aspect!

I would now check if my RC smart card mentions Audio as "Y" (per Blackasta)
Can you please confirm if Audio is mentioned as "Y" in the smart card received from Beltola RTO ?

I was just informed that smart cards for Beltola RTO does not have a mention of the audio registration, no sure if this is true thus wanted to confirm.
SwiftSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2012, 14:28   #32
BHPian

Default Re: Additional registration needed for installing audio system in Kolkata?

I was wondering if some of our esteemed members in WB can find out what happens when a car from outside WB comes there on a trip and we have an audio system in the car. Our RC books do not have this option so will they just let it go as we are from out of town or will they "fine" us. Thanks
pganapathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 11:00   #33
Senior - BHPian

I want to gift a sony stereo + speakers to my father-in-law, who recently bought an Alto LXi in Chinsurah, WB (Hooghly district). The paperwork does not show extra payment for an audio system. How can he go about getting this paperwork completed before getting the ICE fitted?
joybhowmik is offline   Reply With Quote