Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2006, 22:25   #91
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 62
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Buttttttt Cedia lacks a lot of features of the Corolla/Optra, for eg Climate Control, Lumbar Support. Lancer Cedia will sell well untill the Devil Arrives.

Devil = Civic (140BHP, RS Beware)
Cedia makes up by adding ABS/EBD in the entry model (9.87 Lakhs). Also Corolla/Optra are +1 lakhs to start with.
raghavv is offline  
Old 28th January 2006, 13:24   #92
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavv
Cedia makes up by adding ABS/EBD in the entry model (9.87 Lakhs). Also Corolla/Optra are +1 lakhs to start with.
All Corollas have ABS as standard, and if i am not mistaken there are only two models of the Cedia, Elegance and Sports
BUSA is offline  
Old 28th January 2006, 23:21   #93
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Mpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,432
Thanked: 1,682 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Yes, but NHC & OHC were never selling side by side. Lancer 1.8 & Cedia wil
Are you sure about this. I thought the Lancer 1.8 is dropped and only the 1.5 will sell now.
Mpower is offline  
Old 28th January 2006, 23:23   #94
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
[/left]
Are you sure about this. I thought the Lancer 1.8 is dropped and only the 1.5 will sell now.
1.8 will sell and Lancer 1.5 will be replaced by 1.6
BUSA is offline  
Old 28th January 2006, 23:58   #95
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 2,035
Thanked: 315 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavv
Cedia makes up by adding ABS/EBD in the entry model (9.87 Lakhs). Also Corolla/Optra are +1 lakhs to start with.
Optra is not 1+ but cheaper than the Cedia.
dipen is offline  
Old 29th January 2006, 13:40   #96
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 62
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen
Optra is not 1+ but cheaper than the Cedia.
I was talking about Optra 1.8 but that seems to be missing from their website now. Has it been discontinued?
raghavv is offline  
Old 29th January 2006, 13:50   #97
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,834
Thanked: 1,503 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Buttttttt Cedia lacks a lot of features of the Corolla/Optra, for eg Climate Control, Lumbar Support. Lancer Cedia will sell well untill the Devil Arrives.
The Cedia I've seen in the pics posted so far is the current Mitsubishi Lancer being sold here. If it is the same model, nobody has any cause to fear - its a dud when compared to the other models available in the category.

Last edited by Steeroid : 29th January 2006 at 13:51.
Steeroid is offline  
Old 29th January 2006, 14:08   #98
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,966
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

I kinda agree with steeroid.
The Cedia has HUGE competition and the only strong point it has against the others is the mitsubishi badge. I dont see anything else.
nitrous is offline  
Old 29th January 2006, 19:55   #99
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,889
Thanked: 9,722 Times
Default

Took a look at the Cedia, nice and solid compared to a Corolla but not much else. Nice interiors but switches are tacky. Why pay for a Sport when all you get is a spoiler in return for leather and dash trim deleted ?

Looks very uninspiring - so I walked away
ajmat is offline  
Old 30th January 2006, 12:21   #100
Senior - BHPian
 
suman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 257 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
[/left]
Are you sure about this. I thought the Lancer 1.8 is dropped and only the 1.5 will sell now.
Dunno, website continues to show all earlier options but knowing them, it could be weeks before they change. Where did you hear about the 1.8 being dropped?
suman is offline  
Old 30th January 2006, 13:04   #101
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Dunno, website continues to show all earlier options but knowing them, it could be weeks before they change. Where did you hear about the 1.8 being dropped?
1.8 has not be discontinued.

here is the link ( it takes some time to find it)

http://www.chevrolet.co.in/content_d...tech_spec.html

P.S just for the idea. YOu have to go in cars by budget choose between 10.5L and 12.5L and then click on detailed specifications, its that simple..
BUSA is offline  
Old 30th January 2006, 15:30   #102
Senior - BHPian
 
suman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 257 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
1.8 has not be discontinued.

here is the link ( it takes some time to find it)

http://www.chevrolet.co.in/content_d...tech_spec.html

P.S just for the idea. YOu have to go in cars by budget choose between 10.5L and 12.5L and then click on detailed specifications, its that simple..
Busa, we were talking about the LANCER, not the Optra; Mpower was mentioning that the Lancer 1.8 was to be discontinued and only the 1.5 to be continued
suman is offline  
Old 30th January 2006, 17:40   #103
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Busa, we were talking about the LANCER, not the Optra; Mpower was mentioning that the Lancer 1.8 was to be discontinued and only the 1.5 to be continued
Ooops my apologies.. I was answering to this..

Quote:
I was talking about Optra 1.8 but that seems to be missing from their website now. Has it been discontinued
BUSA is offline  
Old 3rd February 2006, 23:34   #104
Senior - BHPian
 
khanak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai/Toronto
Posts: 2,734
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Lancer Cedia Sport

saw the lancer cedia sport at the metropolitan mall today....
loved it






khanak is offline  
Old 4th February 2006, 04:00   #105
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Though the pics are not clear those alloys looks to be after market fitments.
devarshi84 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2012 Mitsubishi Cedia Select launched VMG The Indian Car Scene 1 12th July 2012 16:39
New Mitsubishi Cedia Sports Launched at 9.9L Vid6639 The Indian Car Scene 181 5th June 2011 00:36
'busa and ZX12R Ninja beater devarshi84 Superbikes & Imports 44 15th June 2007 12:46
Audi RS5 "M3 beater?" to be launched early next year "PICS" highwayblaze The International Automotive Scene 9 18th May 2007 01:59
Why not the VIOS(The Perfect NHC Beater) S600BENZ The International Automotive Scene 17 31st January 2005 08:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:13.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks