Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 30th April 2013, 10:07   #136
BHPian

Default Re: BMW India maintains its lead over Mercedes: EDIT- Now Audi overtakes as well

Now AUDI pips BMW to grab the pole position. Here is the link:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/19792229.cms
MotoNanu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 10:24   #137
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: BMW India maintains its lead over Mercedes: EDIT- Now Audi overtakes as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
Now AUDI pips BMW to grab the pole position. Here is the link:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/19792229.cms
Not just Audi, but, MB have also have posted better numbers over BMW in Q1.

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/04/a...in-india-73861
CARDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 10:50   #138
BHPian

Well. I was shocked as well. This despite the new 3 series and huge discounts on the 5. But the more interesting read in about these numbers is the fact that BMW has reported actual sales figure to the customers, whereas the rest of them will be sales made to dealers. In that case it comes down to inventory management. Apparently they refused to share their numbers with SIAM (bold).

Having said that a 40% YoY decline doesn't augur well for BMW. An imminent launch of the 1-series in the 'third quarter' will help. I really hope Audi launches its A3 soon. I really fail to see how Merc sustains 2000+ unit levels. A lot needs to be told about its understated dominance. With all the hoopla around the beemers and 'chaar goleys' - they have been incredibly sure footed and strong. All hail competition! (Now time to get some discounts)

Last edited by methecupid : 30th April 2013 at 10:56.
methecupid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 10:59   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
Well. I was shocked as well. This despite the new 3 series and huge discounts on the 5. But the more interesting read in about these numbers is the fact that BMW has reported actual sales figure to the customers, whereas the rest of them will be sales made to dealers. In that case it comes down to inventory management. Apparently they refused to share their numbers with SIAM (bold)

Having said that a 40% YoY decline doesn't augur well for BMW.
Ya, even I read that argument. But, it seems BMW used to share the details similar to other OEMs (sales made to dealers) till last year. Now suddenly this change in reporting! I suspect this is because they are actually facing the heat from Audi and MB!
MB leaping ahead of BMW was a real stunner. With AUDI, it was a question of time, but MB? I thought, MB had slowly started losing (decreasing to be precise) its premier luxury tag in India. To be frank, with the number of AUDIs/ BMWs on road in Bangalore, even they will face the same issue in near future: exclusivity factor.
I would love to see JLR giving a stiff competition to the Big 3. IMHO, the design cues and luxury oozing out in JLR is far ahead of the big 3.
MotoNanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 11:02   #140
Senior - BHPian

Audi I guess is being helped by its SUVs. BMW and MB dont sell much in that segment. A segment wise breakdown would shed good light.
srishiva is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 20:27   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Internationally too Audi outsells BMW brand globally for 2nd time in 4 months.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2013...#ixzz2TBWRCzBu
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2013, 13:00   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Internationally too Audi outsells BMW brand globally for 2nd time in 4 months.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2013...#ixzz2TBWRCzBu
BMW regains top position.
Attached Images

Bluebeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2013, 12:05   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Joe King Appointed as Head of Audi India.

He takes over from Michael Perschke who will move as Head of Network Strategy and Business Management, international level, at AUDI AG.

Joe King brings more than 23 years of automotive experience to the role, having commenced his career with Toyota in 1990. He has extensive experience with both mass and premium market brands including Toyota, BMW and Audi in Australia and has experience in both retail and wholesale roles within the automotive industry.

http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...ndia-11095.htm
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote