Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 19th November 2013, 15:44   #91
BHPian

Bare foot gives the best feel and easy to modulate the pressure but it is highly inconvenient and unpractical. I think bit flexible shows is the best option and it should not be having a very slippery surface.
B747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2013, 15:56   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Ideal footwear for driving...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
You can imagine how many drivers in rickshaws, trucks, public buses or even volvos drive wearing chappals or sandals. Worst is those "Kolhapuri Chappals". They have very smooth soles and most drivers in the western parts must be using those.
There was a discussion about this earlier. Few people getting fined in Bengal and Punjab - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-slippers.html (Police fine for riding with your slippers on?)
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2013, 16:06   #93
Senior - BHPian

I use this pair by Woodland while driving and find them to be comfortable and easy to flick between the Accelerator and brake pedal.
Attached Images

Maverick5490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2013, 16:31   #94
BHPian

For me its Converse Allstars. But i keep forgetting to put them on and only realise when i am half way that i should have put those one
nofear5611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2013, 16:34   #95
Tgo
BHPian

This thread's title says "Ideal Footwear for Driving" but beginning from the first post it has become more of "What do you wear while driving".. We could have a poll added to the thread just to get to know what most Indians wear while driving.

I hate wearing anything that doesn't fit snug on my feet. Slippers/Sandals are a no-no. Its mostly old (little worn out) flat sole Puma sneakers which are also the only kind of shoes I wear apart from when I am in the gym.

I have found that the rounded shape and good cushioning of the heel (Like the woodland shoes posted above) provides good comfort for me. Otherwise the heels start getting numb as the feet are rested on the floor-pan for a longer duration.
Tgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2013, 16:45   #96
Senior - BHPian

For me something heavier works well for Vento and anything goes well for Civic. The heavier clutch in Vento needs something thick and strong since a softer sole bends and is inconvenient for the knees also.
srishiva is offline   Reply With Quote