Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2009, 18:56   #1591
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 183
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
100% spurious statement. In this age of computers, surely dealers have online and up-to-the-minute tracking of sales and RTO registrations. GM would surely be knowing how much they have received in rupee terms.
Couldnt agree more. Infact I had a huge argument with this guy (gave up in the end as it was nearing midnight ). But it seems even the SIAM figures are 'wholesale' figures.

There are members on the forum who work for manufacturers/ dealers maybe they can share their thoughts on this issue.

Last edited by Volt : 13th March 2009 at 18:57.
Volt is offline  
Old 18th March 2009, 21:42   #1592
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad/Mysor
Posts: 155
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

So, since I'm buying a vista, it's sales have been a matter of concern for me. It's been 6 months since it's been launched but then, I still haven't seen many on the roads. There seem to be quite a few ppl here on the forum with vistas but I just don't see any on the roads. Compare that with the linea and the i10s which became hits in like one month. I'm beginning to think that vista's sales figures are really bad. I asked the sales guy how the sales were like and he replied "average". When the tata's sales rep says "average" maybe things are rally bad. Does any1 have concrete figures??
nukeblitz is offline  
Old 18th March 2009, 23:29   #1593
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 739
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

You can refer the excel sheet that vasudeva posts every month.

Heres the sales chart uptop Feb'09
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1205017 (Indian Car Sales Figures and Analysis)

BTW, TATA sold 11000 vehicles in the B-segment. Can't know the breakup between the Vistas and Indica.
neotraveller is offline  
Old 19th March 2009, 18:27   #1594
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 293
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Saw Maruti sales at 8043 for the midsize segment...

Any idea about the break up in Dzire and SX4?

Just wanted to the sales of SX4 vis-a-vis ANHC,Linea(I know 1249 now),Fiesta,Aveo,Verna...
joy_swift is offline  
Old 30th March 2009, 11:33   #1595
BHPian
 
Gagan.js's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 227
Thanked: Once
Default

I'm sure the entire community wants to know the numbers for Skoda(fabia and new superb tbh)

Someone please find out and make us happy
Gagan.js is offline  
Old 30th March 2009, 16:18   #1596
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,717
Thanked: 425 Times
Default

ET reports that March sales are better then February but will end in negitive compared to March 08.

The news report mentions 4 cars that brought incremental sales this month. We got to watch out for sales figures of these cars.

Quote:
Car sales started on a positive note in March, with new launches such as Marutiís Dzire, Fiatís Linea, Mahindraís Xylo, Skodaís Superb bringing in incremental sales.
amit is offline  
Old 30th March 2009, 17:05   #1597
Senior - BHPian
 
romeomidhun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,629
Thanked: 1,881 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
Saw Maruti sales at 8043 for the midsize segment...

Any idea about the break up in Dzire and SX4?

Just wanted to the sales of SX4 vis-a-vis ANHC,Linea(I know 1249 now),Fiesta,Aveo,Verna...
Nearly 85% of Maruti C segment sales are from Dzire, remaining 15% is from SX4. So, around 1200 SX4 may have sold.
romeomidhun is online now  
Old 30th March 2009, 18:18   #1598
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 739
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hope Linea breaks the 2k barrier this time.
Three cheers to the poor man's luxury sedan
neotraveller is offline  
Old 30th March 2009, 18:30   #1599
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Nearly 85% of Maruti C segment sales are from Dzire, remaining 15% is from SX4. So, around 1200 SX4 may have sold.
That's not too pleasing SX4 numbers to hear
VahanPujari is offline  
Old 30th March 2009, 20:10   #1600
Distinguished - BHPian
 
nkrishnap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,492
Thanked: 4,108 Times
Default

How many did SKODA sell for the month of March.

Need to keep a close watch for the sales number of April, need to see the impact of their poor customer service thingy on the net.
nkrishnap is online now  
Old 30th March 2009, 20:21   #1601
Senior - BHPian
 
SkyWalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,531
Thanked: 122 Times
Default

Yes, would be very interested to see the April figures. Impact on March would be less i believe.
SkyWalker is offline  
Old 30th March 2009, 23:51   #1602
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 293
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Dzire sells around 5500 each month(ACA and Overdrive figs)...

So SX4 must be selling around 2500.But not sure.

2500 is good for this car,right?
joy_swift is offline  
Old 31st March 2009, 05:43   #1603
Senior - BHPian
 
SkyWalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,531
Thanked: 122 Times
Default

Joy - i doubt if its 50-50. I would guess Dzire would be the higher percentage. Last month sales was around 8000 for Maruti. Romeo's mail above suggests the split is around 85-15%, which would probably mean SX is selling around 1200 or so.

Another way to judge car sales/competition is the discounts dealers roll out. There would be zero discounts on Dzire, but SX4 has discounts starting around 60K, at least in Bangalore.
SkyWalker is offline  
Old 31st March 2009, 10:54   #1604
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 293
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Skywalker - I have not put the % as 50-50 if you read my post....

Maruti has sold roughly 8000 sedans for Feb...

According to ACA and Overdrive,Sales for Dzire during this period was 5500...

So SX4 sales are 8000 - 5500 = 2500(apprx).

And if you talk about the ratio oif Dzire and SX4,tat is 5500 : 2500 = 70-30%.Thats fair I guess!!
joy_swift is offline  
Old 31st March 2009, 11:11   #1605
Senior - BHPian
 
SkyWalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,531
Thanked: 122 Times
Default

Oh, got it. thanks for the clarification. 2500 is a pretty decent figure!
SkyWalker is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
January 2010 - Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis GTO The Indian Car Scene 152 26th February 2010 12:07
September 2009 Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis akj53 The Indian Car Scene 288 7th November 2009 20:52
August 2009 Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis GTO The Indian Car Scene 100 5th October 2009 14:52
July 2009 Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis vasudeva The Indian Car Scene 209 9th September 2009 13:38
June 2009 Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis GTO The Indian Car Scene 136 10th August 2009 15:57


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:15.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks