Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2008, 12:06   #781
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 62
Thanked: Once
Default Remember the Fiesta?

Any news on Ford Fiesta numbers for feb '08?
diesel_head is offline  
Old 7th March 2008, 12:52   #782
BHPian
 
burnt.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 247
Thanked: Once
Default

The SX4 is now third in C segment behind both the Verna and the NHC. Seems like the poor FE image is beginning to hurt it.
burnt. is offline  
Old 7th March 2008, 12:59   #783
Senior - BHPian
 
ram_hyundai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calicut ,trisur
Posts: 2,019
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

Sx4 FE is not that bad.It returns arround 14-15 kmpl on the populated highways of kerela.So thats not bad at all compared to verna or fiesta mileage.NHC returns arround 17 kmpl here so the difference is 2-3 km pl.Considering the nature of features in sx4 and the price i feel sx4 should be the winner.
ram
ram_hyundai is offline  
Old 7th March 2008, 14:25   #784
Senior - BHPian
 
safari_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bengaluru / Bagdal
Posts: 1,058
Thanked: 377 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvi View Post
At the competitive pricing combined with passenger/boot space and fuel economy, Logan will give a tough fight for Indigo especially in the cab segment. Maruti and Hyundai have lost out the edge they had in compact sedan market (Esteem/Accent). Now its Tata Vs Mahindra
With the further price cut due to the excise duty cut, the Indigo will zoom away I suppose.
safari_lover is offline  
Old 7th March 2008, 15:24   #785
Senior - BHPian
 
karanraheja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 1,915
Thanked: 233 Times
Post

Yeah suddenly SX4 sales are going down. I heard that many people complaining about its poor quality of interiors. Any comments???
karanraheja is offline  
Old 7th March 2008, 15:26   #786
Senior - BHPian
 
karanraheja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 1,915
Thanked: 233 Times
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvi View Post
At the competitive pricing combined with passenger/boot space and fuel economy, Logan will give a tough fight for Indigo especially in the cab segment. Maruti and Hyundai have lost out the edge they had in compact sedan market (Esteem/Accent). Now its Tata Vs Mahindra

Patience my friends Swift Dzire is coming. It will soon be Maruti Vs Tata Vs Mahindra!
karanraheja is offline  
Old 7th March 2008, 16:30   #787
BHPian
 
alabjarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 188
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Sx4 FE is not that bad.It returns arround 14-15 kmpl on the populated highways of kerela.So thats not bad at all compared to verna or fiesta mileage.NHC returns arround 17 kmpl here so the difference is 2-3 km pl.Considering the nature of features in sx4 and the price i feel sx4 should be the winner.
ram
Agree with you Ram. Just that the market seems to thinks otherwise.
alabjarus is offline  
Old 7th March 2008, 16:40   #788
BHPian
 
ranc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Lost somewhere on the Leh Manali hway
Posts: 516
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

I Have a SX4, it gives me 12 kmpl in the city and close to 14 kmpl on the highway. The interiors are also very good so that cant be the problem. I feel that the sales were down because of the budget, it will pickup again.
ranc is offline  
Old 7th March 2008, 17:31   #789
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 43
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Ford Fiesta in Feb

Today's Economic Times reports that Ford Fiesta sold 1600 units in Feb
nitinchawla is offline  
Old 7th March 2008, 17:42   #790
BHPian
 
appuchan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bangy
Posts: 641
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

The fuel price hike is clearly affecting this segment now. People prefer diesels with the exception of efficient NHC. SX4 will have trouble ahead with its image of a petrol guzzler.
appuchan is offline  
Old 7th March 2008, 17:46   #791
BHPian
 
appuchan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bangy
Posts: 641
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
I Have a SX4, it gives me 12 kmpl in the city and close to 14 kmpl on the highway. The interiors are also very good so that cant be the problem. I feel that the sales were down because of the budget, it will pickup again.
The figures look decent for "big car" like SX4. The problem is when we compare it with NHC which clearly has a better lux feel and mileage. And the others are diesel. I am sure the sale of Petrol Verna will be negligible.
appuchan is offline  
Old 7th March 2008, 17:46   #792
Senior - BHPian
 
mjothi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,252
Thanked: 216 Times
Default

Price reduction in Logan is yielding i guess. I also heard that commercial operators are more interested in this vehicle. So, Indigo vs Logan is it?
mjothi is offline  
Old 7th March 2008, 18:06   #793
BHPian
 
Raajiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Monterey Bay,CA
Posts: 262
Thanked: 5 Times
Default i10 Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Price reduction in Logan is yielding i guess. I also heard that commercial operators are more interested in this vehicle. So, Indigo vs Logan is it?

Any information on the COTY 2008 - Hyundai i10.Did it overtook its closest competitor SPARK?
Raajiv is offline  
Old 7th March 2008, 18:29   #794
BHPian
 
ranc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Lost somewhere on the Leh Manali hway
Posts: 516
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
The figures look decent for "big car" like SX4. The problem is when we compare it with NHC which clearly has a better lux feel and mileage. And the others are diesel. I am sure the sale of Petrol Verna will be negligible.
I dont agree with that, the interiors of SX 4 is far better, it is roomier or atleast it gives you that feeling, another problem that I found with NHC was that it has very bad pickup, even my wifes swift is faster in comparison. I feel it is just Honda's brand name that is making it achieve the numbers. Fuel effeciency is better for sure that is the only plus I found in the NHC.
ranc is offline  
Old 7th March 2008, 19:30   #795
Senior - BHPian
 
karanraheja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 1,915
Thanked: 233 Times
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
I dont agree with that, the interiors of SX 4 is far better, it is roomier or atleast it gives you that feeling, another problem that I found with NHC was that it has very bad pickup, even my wifes swift is faster in comparison. I feel it is just Honda's brand name that is making it achieve the numbers. Fuel effeciency is better for sure that is the only plus I found in the NHC.
NHC is more of a practical car & its surely got awesome interiors . SX4 interiors is ok. i personally think its not great for a car with 8L price.
Its true Honda s brand name is main reason why it sells. We cant expect
amazing pickup in a 77bhp hood.
karanraheja is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
January 2010 - Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis GTO The Indian Car Scene 152 26th February 2010 12:07
September 2009 Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis akj53 The Indian Car Scene 288 7th November 2009 20:52
August 2009 Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis GTO The Indian Car Scene 100 5th October 2009 14:52
July 2009 Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis vasudeva The Indian Car Scene 209 9th September 2009 13:38
June 2009 Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis GTO The Indian Car Scene 136 10th August 2009 15:57


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:57.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks