Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2008, 00:10   #946
BHPian
 
ariendj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 503
Thanked: 79 Times
Default

if im not wrong..the alto is way ahead of M800 and im sure its never going to change.
is there any plans to phase out the M800 or replace it with something else??
ariendj is offline  
Old 2nd May 2008, 15:35   #947
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 569
Thanked: 5 Times
Exclamation April 2008 Sales figures!

Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL), the country’s second largest car manufacturer and the largest passenger car exporter, today announced a cumulative sales growth of 47.8% for the month of April, 2008.

HMIL’s total sales for the month of April ‘08 stood at 40,001 units. While the domestic market accounted for 21,501 units, exports totaled 18,500 units in April, 2008. The cumulative sales for April, 2007 had been 27,069 units with the domestic sales at 15,728 units and exports 11,341 units.

Commenting on the sales, Arvind Saxena, Sr VP, Marketing & Sales, HMIL said, “HMIL sales for April had been robust with a very healthy growth and we feel that the budget has been a contributory factor. The i10 too has done exceedingly well to establish itself as a major player in this segment with domestic sales alone accounting for over 50,000 units in just six months which is the fastest ever for any model and with the highest growth rate in this segment things are looking good for HMIL”.

For the quarter ending January - April, 2007 HMI had sold 106,995 cumulative units with a split of domestic 67,947 units and exports 39,048 units. Compared to same period last year the cumulative sales stand at 153,703 units with domestic sales accounting for 89,803 and exports 63,900 units. This translates in to a quarterly jump in cumulative sales of 43.7% with domestic sales growing at 32.2% and exports 63.6%.

The segment-wise cumulative sales in the month of April, 2008 are as follows: A1 Segment 17334 units; A2 Segment 1437 units; A3 Segment 2668 units;A4 Segment 3 units; A5 Segment 50 units; and SUV Segment 9 units.

Source: Chennai Online

Honda Siel Cars India (HSCI), leading manufacturer of premium cars in India, recorded 4% increase in sales for the period January – April 2008 over last year.

The company sold 23,836 units in the period Jan – April 2008 as against 22,912 units in the corresponding period last year.

The company sold 3,400 units in April 2008 as against 4,891 units sold during the same month previous year.

Model wise break-up for: City ZX: 1981; Civic: 1147; CRV: 272

Source: Net India123

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Do make sure that you provide the references/original source for every piece of material that has been taken from another website/publication, to give credit to the original author.

Last edited by Technocrat : 2nd May 2008 at 17:46. Reason: Added Source
rangaraj is offline  
Old 2nd May 2008, 17:34   #948
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 477
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

for Hyundai.

I am sure i10 is giving sleepless nights to Maruti and it must be furiously working at a Wagon R replacement. Infact expect good discounts on Wagon R!!

Stellar performance from Honda as usual! Though CRV should watch out now that Captiva is doing well and news of Oulander coming soon!

Elito


Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL), the country’s second largest car manufacturer and the largest passenger car exporter, today announced a cumulative sales growth of 47.8% for the month of April, 2008.

HMIL’s total sales for the month of April ‘08 stood at 40,001 units. While the domestic market accounted for 21,501 units, exports totaled 18,500 units in April, 2008. The cumulative sales for April, 2007 had been 27,069 units with the domestic sales at 15,728 units and exports 11,341 units.

Commenting on the sales, Arvind Saxena, Sr VP, Marketing & Sales, HMIL said, “HMIL sales for April had been robust with a very healthy growth and we feel that the budget has been a contributory factor. The i10 too has done exceedingly well to establish itself as a major player in this segment with domestic sales alone accounting for over 50,000 units in just six months which is the fastest ever for any model and with the highest growth rate in this segment things are looking good for HMIL”.

For the quarter ending January - April, 2007 HMI had sold 106,995 cumulative units with a split of domestic 67,947 units and exports 39,048 units. Compared to same period last year the cumulative sales stand at 153,703 units with domestic sales accounting for 89,803 and exports 63,900 units. This translates in to a quarterly jump in cumulative sales of 43.7% with domestic sales growing at 32.2% and exports 63.6%.

The segment-wise cumulative sales in the month of April, 2008 are as follows: A1 Segment 17334 units; A2 Segment 1437 units; A3 Segment 2668 units;A4 Segment 3 units; A5 Segment 50 units; and SUV Segment 9 units.

Honda's figures in the same period:

Honda Siel Cars India (HSCI), leading manufacturer of premium cars in India, recorded 4% increase in sales for the period January – April 2008 over last year.

The company sold 23,836 units in the period Jan – April 2008 as against 22,912 units in the corresponding period last year.

The company sold 3,400 units in April 2008 as against 4,891 units sold during the same month previous year.

Model wise break-up for: City ZX: 1981; Civic: 1147; CRV: 272
Elito11 is offline  
Old 2nd May 2008, 19:08   #949
Senior - BHPian
 
aaggoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 4,675
Thanked: 1,427 Times
Default Maruti Sales did increase also.

Maruti Sales also increased by 22.4%

here is the link:
Maruti Suzuki shifts gear on surge in sales
aaggoswami is offline  
Old 2nd May 2008, 19:12   #950
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,955
Thanked: 15,648 Times
Default

Note from mod: Threads merged.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 2nd May 2008 at 22:02.
tsk1979 is offline  
Old 4th May 2008, 12:19   #951
BHPian
 
gopinathann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 765
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Honda city, SX4, Verna, Fiesta. Out of 4 City is the leader, SX4 picking up and once Diesel comes it will go way ahead. Verna doing good.

excellent work to pull up the sales chart here.
gopinathann is offline  
Old 4th May 2008, 20:05   #952
Senior - BHPian
 
AMATMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore\GOA
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

any idea how fiat is doing??
i really want to know how fiat palio is doing now, is it doing well
AMATMO is offline  
Old 4th May 2008, 22:03   #953
aks316
 
Posts: n/a
Default

any idea how chevy aveo is doing now.. is it doing better than before or is it worse now..
 
Old 5th May 2008, 15:08   #954
BHPian
 
pulsar7778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 47
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Aveo not so good

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks316 View Post
any idea how chevy aveo is doing now.. is it doing better than before or is it worse now..
Last year for the period Jan-Apr Aveo has sold 2261 all over India
the same period for this year - 1588 all over India despite GM has launched a refurbished Spl edition the number dipped to almost 700 numbers
pulsar7778 is offline  
Old 5th May 2008, 18:34   #955
Senior - BHPian
 
SkyWalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,531
Thanked: 122 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar7778 View Post
refurbished Spl edition the number dipped to almost 700 numbers
it is high time they bring a diesel - if priced sensibly it will give Fiesta & Verna a run for their money.

I just don't understand car manufactures launching in India without diesels (SX4,Aveo) - when clearly diesel sells volumes.
SkyWalker is offline  
Old 5th May 2008, 19:17   #956
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Aberdeen, UK
Posts: 1,174
Thanked: 958 Times
Default

Strangely GM has a decent car at the bottom of every segment, they don't seem to do well over a long period. Although there is nothing wrong with their cars and are competitively priced (not to mention the huge dealer discounts) ,its no where near to being an outright success. STRANGE
shortbread is offline  
Old 5th May 2008, 20:00   #957
Senior - BHPian
 
1100D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 4,179
Thanked: 2,360 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar7778 View Post
this sales figure is till mar, swift in its b2 ctgry cntributing 76% , and to my surprise the GM's Captiva has sold 607 vehicles with in the 2 mnths launch time

Attachment 11157
Apart from checking how the cars fared against each other. Its interesting to note the geographical distribution as well.

I am looking at the east zone selling far less number of cars than the rest.
1100D is offline  
Old 5th May 2008, 21:42   #958
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 569
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

I am yet to see a single Captiva on the streets of bangalore! Where are they selling them????
rangaraj is offline  
Old 5th May 2008, 23:21   #959
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 477
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
I am yet to see a single Captiva on the streets of bangalore! Where are they selling them????
Delhi!!

I have seen atleast 5 diffrent ones in last month!

Elito
Elito11 is offline  
Old 6th May 2008, 10:37   #960
Senior - BHPian
 
extreme_torque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,546
Thanked: 1,318 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
Delhi!!

I have seen atleast 5 diffrent ones in last month!

Elito
I have seen more than 5 in a fortnight and it looks a hell lot better than the CRV for sure, is a 7-seater, is a diesel and is almost similarly priced.
extreme_torque is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
January 2010 - Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis GTO The Indian Car Scene 152 26th February 2010 12:07
September 2009 Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis akj53 The Indian Car Scene 288 7th November 2009 20:52
August 2009 Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis GTO The Indian Car Scene 100 5th October 2009 14:52
July 2009 Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis vasudeva The Indian Car Scene 209 9th September 2009 13:38
June 2009 Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis GTO The Indian Car Scene 136 10th August 2009 15:57


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:57.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks