Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 19th January 2011, 20:48   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai's Customer Feedback Rating System

The efficacy of the feedback system depends mostly on how the data is utilised by the company.

Still, why any of them would design a system which fails to catch the truth is beyond me. Especially since I dont recall seeing an ad or brochure claiming satisfaction levels of customers through internal surveys.
CoolFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2011, 15:52   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Couple of days later, i get a call from Advaith asking for feedback. Here is their rating system:
1 to 8 : Poor
9 : Good
10: Excellent
Here's what I think : The feedback form is correct, Advaith is wrongly communicating the rating scale to you. I don't think any company - leave alone a giant like Hyundai - would tolerate such a poorly calibrated feedback mechanism. It's definitely Advait playing games with you.

Quote:
Third, if you don't give a rating of 9 or 10, you will get a call from the main Hyundai office where you will have to repeat all your experiences to the person there. And then a week or two later, you will get ANOTHER call, this time from the service station asking for feedback again!!
I willingly, and very seriously, entertain these followup calls. Why?

a) Because it shows Hyundai cares. If you gave a 3 / 10, and no one reverted back, well...we'd be complaining then too. Atleast they are concerned.

b) Hyundai may want to reconfirm the details themselves.

c) Your offering feedback can play a role - however little - in improving the overall standards of service quality.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2011, 16:10   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
b) Hyundai may want to reconfirm the details themselves.
At least we know that the feedback form has reached the company. Sometimes the dealer may not forward forms with negative feedback or may send a fake form in your name with good feedback. These followup calls are definitely a good thing.
Live To Jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2011, 16:22   #19
Senior - BHPian

GTO, from the posts on this thread, it's not just Hyundai but others as well that have the same rating system. Ford, VW to name a few.
You are right that it is a good thing that they follow up on the feedback. But somehow their responses did not leave me assured that my concerns have been addressed, or taken note of.
Let us see how 3rd service goes.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2011, 18:05   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here's what I think : The feedback form is correct, Advaith is wrongly communicating the rating scale to you. I don't think any company - leave alone a giant like Hyundai - would tolerate such a poorly calibrated feedback mechanism. It's definitely Advait playing games with you.
Quote:
GTO, from the posts on this thread, it's not just Hyundai but others as well that have the same rating system. Ford, VW to name a few.
I once got a dealer issued (not Maruti's) feedback form from Indus Motors after a service which had a similar rating like Amitoj mentioned, i.e., 1-8 for poor and 9 for good and 10 for excellent. It was a stupid and moronic rating system.

Then recently i had some accessory fitting done at Popular Motors and this time i didn't get any feedback form from them probably because it was not a routine service. But later that month i was informed by Popular that i will get an email feedback survey form from Maruti directly and i should call them when i get it. I said okay. But the feedback form didn't come at the said time and Popular called me like 2 to 3 times in between asking if i received the feddback form. I said no as i didn't get any.

Then one fine day i got this nice email from Mr Pankaj Narula of Maruti with a link to the feedback form and the following words.

Quote:
Please do not get influenced by any person/workshop representative while giving your feedback. Your valuable feedback shall help us to further improve our services. Few operational tips have also been attached with this mail to help you get the best out of your Maruti.
Quote:

We sincerely assure you of our consistent efforts to come up to your expectations and provide delightful service experience.

I gave a very honest feedback giving 9 where they deserved and lower rating where they didn't excel. And in the suggestion box i explained the problems and how Popular made up to it and how Popular was better compared to my previous experience at Indus Motors.

The next day i got a call from Popular asking if i had received the feedback email and i said yes, they then said they will send a guy over to help me fill the form. I said i already did And then she asked if i had given 10/10 on all counts, i said no i didn't give 10 anywhere and i didn't give a too low figure either. Two days after i get a call from CC Manager at Popular telling me that they have now received my feedback form from Maruti and Maruti had instructed them to meet me and sort out the service issues. So the same day the CC Manager and another person from Popular came and met me and assured me of a better service next time and has asked me to call them when i bring the car in for service.

Overall this is way better than we have experienced with Hyundai (we have an i10 Sportz too).

The below attached is a screenshot of the feedback form i received from Maruti and you can see that the rating system is very sensible, unlike the dealer issued rating system.
Hyundai's Customer Feedback Rating System-marutifeedback.jpg
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 16:22   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
One dealer got wise, and the others are copying it. Unless someone confirms that a manufacturer called them with this silly 1 - 7 poor rating scale, I'm inclined to believe it's manipulation from the dealers. Just their way of getting 8's and above I guess.

For the record, the calls I've received from Tata (only car from my garage which still goes to the authorised service station) have a proper grading system.
Old 21st January 2011, 18:51   #22
BHPian

Quote:
The calls I've received from Tata (only car from my garage which still goes to the authorised service station) have a proper grading system.
I also get a call from a local office and if they ask to give rating on various parameters. If the overall rating is less than 8, then I receive a call from Tata Pune Office and they ask for the reason of this rating.
Now the funny part is, after this call from Pune, I receive a call from the SA at TASS and he asks me to contact him directly if there is any issue with the car after servicing but do not give any negative marking to Tata.
Clearly there is some relationship between these feedback calls and SA's performance.
If I am not happy with the service, I have no issues spending few minutes on the phone and explaining it, as long as its taken care of.
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 19:41   #23
BHPian

I have seen the rating system displayed in boards in Maruti service centres.
With Maruti, the feedback form has always to be posted, which I think is a better method.

Again when I got calls from Hyundai about service ratings, they said that anything below 8 is considered "NOT SATISFACTORY" with 1 being very poor and 8 being "could be better". 9 and 10 are what they ask every centre to achieve.

Again, I've found that Hyundai is not as prompt on taking action as Maruti or Ford is.

The Hyundai service centre guys literally begs each customer to give 9 or 10 when the company calls. After a service when I was about to fill the feedback form, the SA asked me to leave it saying "Not to worry Sir, I shall fill it for you. Its not important." I still filled it. But I doubt if it reached Hyundai.

Last edited by krish3 : 21st January 2011 at 19:42.
krish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 20:11   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
I have seen the rating system displayed in boards in Maruti service centres.
Here's Mahindras perfectly graded system:

Name:  22012011553.jpg
Views: 2330
Size:  47.7 KB
Old 19th February 2011, 19:14   #25
BHPian

I got a call from a chevrolet dealer today and they too seem to have the same grading system(1-8 as poor). Whats more interesting is that they were actually requesting me to rate it 9 or 10.

Last edited by karty_83 : 19th February 2011 at 19:15.
karty_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2011, 19:36   #26
BHPian

With Hyundai I am not even if the dealers forward the feedback form to the company. Because i have always rated them poor (atleast 6 times) and till now no action has been taken. I have a strong feeling that the dealer actually swaps the feedback forms and makes sure that the forms that reach the company always has good rating for the dealership. In fact once the SA had the audacity to ask why i had rated them poorly and i gave him a fitting reply pointing out that we had to drive down to the dealership for the nth time with the same complaint. After that the SA never had the guts to face me.

the only time the dealer had called back, immediately after service, was when i wrote out in bold red letters on the customer satisfaction wrote " noise still persists, but service advisor says its normal"

I am sure they would have torn and thrown that satisfaction note.
saurabhkanchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2011, 19:53   #27
Senior - BHPian

I have no doubt that most of the genuine feedback forms would be modified or lost in transit.
In my opinion, the rating is not explained clearly by the dealers as most of the responses would then be in the 6 to 7 range. Perhaps, the companies themselves use the numbers as a priority checklist. This would mean they call people who rated 0 first, followed by those who rated 1 and so on (at least I hope it works like this!)
selfdrive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2011, 21:06   #28
Senior - BHPian

Now a days i stopped responding to those so called feedback calls, as i found that my earlier feedbacks are gone in to the deaf ears.
wildon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2011, 21:48   #29
BHPian

all companies have a centralizes Database system today, with all details of the customer. So the company knows which customer's car is due for service, when it is brought to the workshop, the jobs carried out etc. Instead of leaving the feedback to the dealer, the comapny should send a direct link to the customer where he can fill in his views about the experience.

This way, the dealer is completely out of the picture as far as the feeback is concerned, hence no chance of any manipulation. It will be easier for the company to keep a check on the erring deales. Ofcourse this is possible only if the company is serious about the feedback. I am surprised that dealers are willing to send over their personel to fill the feedback forms. Do they think the customer is outrightly dumb?

There needs to be a radical change in the entire after sales service sectorr.
saurabhkanchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2011, 11:42   #30
BHPian

I had a regular service for my swift from an authorized dealer XYZ yesterday.
Today at 10:00 AM Got a call from XYZ: Sir this is a call from XYZ on your recent service with us. Bla.. Bla.. Bla.. Howís your car performing now?
Me: It has been only a day since the service and I have hardly driven it to find any issues
XYZ: So can I rate it 8?
Me: what?
XYZ: Service quality
Me: ?? I donít know, canít say
XYZ: Has your cars mileage now has it improved (I have mentioned about a bad mileage while giving it to service)
Me: Refer to my first answer
XYZ: So can I put an 8 here?
Me: ????. Do you have a system to rate the rating system?
XYZ: No sir. Thank you for your feedback. You may be getting a call from Maruti and please give the same feedback to them. Have a nice day (gone!!)
Me: @$@$%$%$%

It has been frustrating to answer multiple feedback calls from Maruti and Hyundai after each service. I always felt that these agents who takes feedback is always trying to push us to give better feedback and tick boxes rather than understanding the customer feelings. Most of them even donít understand cars at all.
This system of taking feedback from customers itself is waste of time and money, rather than spending on an active feedback system of calling customers to take feedback manufactures /dealers should open a better channel to listen to troubled customers and focus their energy on attending them.
ViMo is offline   Reply With Quote