Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 25th January 2011, 13:52   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: FIAT'S India bound Small Car

Fiat has proved to be a winner in their designs and this design too seem to be the case. But what Fiat has to do in to instill the confidence in the minds of us in their capabilty especially in their After market sales support which as now is a big Question Mark.

Cheers,
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 14:03   #17
BHPian

Just what the doctor ordered for Fiat. However, i feel that it has to launch in diesel to make an impact. The japs and koreans have way too many advantages such as a broad service network, low ownership costs and strong resale values that will act on the minds of potential buyers
acidkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 14:04   #18
BHPian

Looks beautiful. There is some resemblance to the existing models, but seems to have its own unique character.

Should this not have been the one launched ahead of Linea/Punto? 2012 is quite far. Does it mean Fiat is not launching anything new in 2011?

OT , Will Fiat see thru 2011 with existing models and sales numbers? Are any upgrades planned for Linea/Punto for 2011? Are any changes planned on marketing front?

I came to know a change on sales front, Balaji Cars Thane is opening a new showroom just for Fiat Models. It's going to be in the same premises as their Service Centre. Decent size showroom. Will we see more Fiat models (other than Linea/Punto) in that showroom in 2011-12? Similar changes planned in other cities?
Autocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 14:08   #19
BHPian

Looks cute. But why first pic has 2 doors and second pic has 4 doors?
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 14:28   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
If Fiat releases the small car with similar build quality of the Palio/Punto and Linea, customers who have perception of bad A.S.S of Tata-Fiat, may easily take their chances, given its priced appropriately, VFM. I am sure that the plastic quality and panel gaps and small niggling issues if any would be ignored if its VFM car. We can safely assume that Fiat would plonk a quality engine. If it has to compete with the likes of i10, Fiat needs to get the plastics right on, else they will be left behind the compitition. Hope Fiat do their home work properly and release the right car rather than just another car.
I second that. It is a beautiful Car and hope that marketing boffins at FIAT India does not kill it with some stupid strategies (Don't know if they have one currently)
lloydofcochin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 14:48   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
FIAT has not yet got there basics right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Hope Fiat do their home work properly and release the right car rather than just another car.
The small Fiat car looks great! As mentioned by ashok_lat & funkykar, Fiat need to get their basics right and do their home work properly. Despite so many years in India and despite so much competition, I wonder what is taking them so much time to get their act right.
Scarlet_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 14:57   #22
BHPian

i think it will have the new multiair series of engine which give good mileage and also nice on power front .,hoping that this car has the multiair engine
rupinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 15:37   #23
BHPian

Looks good. Wonder if this is being developed alongside Tata Dolphin, which makes sense due to shared development costs.
diesel_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 15:51   #24
BHPian

I must say, I like this. a good solid car within 800kgs and Di mileage of 23+ ( ARAI) will sell!
PS: fiat owners would know why i mentioned the weight criteria!
BuRnT RuBbEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 16:12   #25
BHPian

there are huge gaps in our market like small SUV's, Crossovers etc. fiat should look to innovate there than be in the already saturated small car market. now i'm not saying this car is bad. its nice actually but market needs something off the beaten path now.
guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 16:25   #26
BHPian

Love the design! But, will Fiat survive another 2 years? With the declining sales figure, it's difficult to say. All the best to Fiat. Fingers crossed!
driveanddrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 18:14   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Agreed with your point but going a slight off-topic. FIAT has not yet got there basics right. They still depend of TATA to marketing, sales and service. The new car from FIAT will be powered with FIAT's multi-air engines and soon we can see the same in TATA Cars also.
True, just that if Fiat tried to go its own way it could be a double edged sword. I think it is currently the least risk option. if they get sufficient volumes with their new launches, they may very well decide to continue separately. Currently it seems more beneficial to Tata, but in the long term hopefully Fiat will also get some returns from the partnership - the Punto & Linea are brilliant cars (of course with a few shortcomings - no car is perfect for everyone!).
selfdrive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 20:22   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveanddrive View Post
Love the design! But, will Fiat survive another 2 years? With the declining sales figure, it's difficult to say. All the best to Fiat. Fingers crossed!
Very good looking design. Front somewhat resembles the A-Star, as other members already mentioned.

One of the factors working against GP is also the sharp price hikes since the launch. In Bangalore, the OTR price for GP MJD E Pack (75 HP) has gone up from around 7L to 8L in just 1.5 years time. This impacts the buying decision of prospective buyers who are very much interested in GP, but chose Figo/Vista for their sheer VFM.
SMK_BLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 20:59   #29

Considering this to be a "India specific" model, fail to see why the car is designed with
1. Two doors,
2. Steering wheel on LHS
3. If you notice carefully, even the front wipers sweep based on LHS driver seat!!
sky.tata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 21:10   #30
BHPian

2012 is very far, they need to bring some fresh life in their line-up very soon.
a 1 litre petrol sounds nice but the multijet would do wonders in this car ala the 500
schitre05 is online now   Reply With Quote