Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 23rd November 2016, 11:38   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Pune - New car registration formalities and mandatory documents!

I am ok if the paper RC is delayed. My concern is that the number itself is not allocated yet. The dealer says RTO serves only Hero & Honda first and then only serves TVS which I am not ready to buy.

I am visiting the showroom today to see what is happening. Maybe I will just hear another cooked up story.
para_7k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2016, 14:16   #62
Senior - BHPian

Pune RTO has just received its supply of printing paper. They are estimated to start clearing the 70,000+ registrations backlog now. :sigh:
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 21:01   #63
BHPian

Hi Everyone

I might be moving in to Pune by around April. Can anyone confirm till what time legally can we ply a car in a different state. Is it one year? Also if a road tax needs to be paid in MH; how much would that be?

My car is 2+ years old and is a KA registered car.

Any information will be of great help.

Thanks
Rish

Last edited by rish27 : 11th January 2017 at 21:05. Reason: Added point
rish27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2017, 14:17   #64
BHPian

The established car sellers in Pune, seems to have their own set of rules with regards to the documents required for registering a car. Dealers from Tata, Hyundai, Maruti-Suzuki are just adamant on their requirements. {electric bill, or registered rental agreement along with police verification}

For registering an automobile in my name (I am based out of Pune), what all documents are required?

For address proof I have Aadhar card and BSNL Telephone Bill.
For ID Proof, I have Aadhar card, Pan Card.

Why can't the same serve the purpose?

Is it allowed for me to directly register the car with the RTO. [One seller informed me that as a purchaser I cannot register with the RTO and I have to go via a seller only]
Majumdarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2017, 08:30   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rish27 View Post
Hi Everyone

I might be moving in to Pune by around April. Can anyone confirm till what time legally can we ply a car in a different state. Is it one year? Also if a road tax needs to be paid in MH; how much would that be?

My car is 2+ years old and is a KA registered car.

Any information will be of great help.

Thanks
Rish
I am not sure about the duration but its quite easy to pay the road tax. You will need a "not wanted" certificate, its available online. You will also need to carry you original registration papers and proof of residence. If you plan to stay on rent then i suggest get your rent agreement notarized and you are done. You have the option to pay the road tax in multiples of 1 year upto the deemed life of your Car.

HTH
acsandeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2017, 17:45   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Pune RTO has just received its supply of printing paper. They are estimated to start clearing the 70,000+ registrations backlog now. :sigh:
3 months on , we are still waiting for registration papers. Has anybody recently received the RC from Pune RTO recently ?
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2017, 09:55   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
3 months on , we are still waiting for registration papers. Has anybody recently received the RC from Pune RTO recently ?
Yes, recently (first week of Jan). But from PCMC Sub-RTO MH14. My car was registered mid April 2016

And to add insult to injury, the RC came as a barely-visible dot-matrix printed on the thinnest possible paper

I immediately took a few color and b/w photocopies of it and then laminated it. Because I was scared that the print would just evaporate - it was that bad quality.

From what I've heard, Pune RTO (MH12) is better and you can expect the RC to arrive in about 5 months.
RubberSideDown is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2017, 14:51   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSideDown View Post
And to add insult to injury, the RC came as a barely-visible dot-matrix printed on the thinnest possible paper

I immediately took a few color and b/w photocopies of it and then laminated it. Because I was scared that the print would just evaporate - it was that bad quality.
Just received the RC , in a similarly badly printed ink. I think I should also go ahead and laminate and take several copies of that paper , the ink looks like it came pre-faded.
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2017, 15:02   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
The established car sellers in Pune, seems to have their own set of rules with regards to the documents required for registering a car. Dealers from Tata, Hyundai, Maruti-Suzuki are just adamant on their requirements. {electric bill, or registered rental agreement along with police verification}

For registering an automobile in my name (I am based out of Pune), what all documents are required?

For address proof I have Aadhar card and BSNL Telephone Bill.
For ID Proof, I have Aadhar card, Pan Card.

Why can't the same serve the purpose?

Is it allowed for me to directly register the car with the RTO. [One seller informed me that as a purchaser I cannot register with the RTO and I have to go via a seller only]
Update as received after checking personally with Pune RTO official.

--Two proofs of address are required and Electric Bill is not the compulsory one. For me Aadhar card and BSNL bill will work as both are on same address.

--For ID proof, I can submit any government approved IDs.

--I cannot register a "new" car on my own and it has to come via a dealer only. ( this is surprising )
Majumdarda is offline   Reply With Quote