Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 25th March 2011, 11:32   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Maserati coming to India this April

Hope they aren't planning to share showroom/service space with Tata Motors like their parent FIAT.
Daewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2011, 17:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ferrari & Maserati entering India through Shreyans group EDIT: NOW OFFICIAL

Whatever prices are quoted by Economic times here seems too high even after duties!
Quote:
Its two-seater GranCabrio range will cost around 5 crore, Quattroporte sedan will start from 3 crore while the top-end sporty GranTurismo coupe will be around 4.75 crore.
A GranTurismo twice as expensive as the 458 Italia What were they thinking? The prices should be in the range of the Rs.1.2-1.5crore for the coupe and cabrio. While the Quattroporte not even a penny more than 1.5crore!
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2011, 18:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ferrari & Maserati entering India through Shreyans group EDIT: NOW OFFICIAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Whatever prices are quoted by Economic times here seems too high even after duties!

A GranTurismo twice as expensive as the 458 Italia What were they thinking? The prices should be in the range of the Rs.1.2-1.5crore for the coupe and cabrio. While the Quattroporte not even a penny more than 1.5crore!
Honestly, I would take all the prices quoted by the media with a pinch of salt. Lets just wait for the official prices after the formal launch which will be soon.
Dippy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2011, 16:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

Here is the news in NDTV Profit - prices quite different from what ET has quoted. Not that it will affect me in any way, but it is still exciting news

Maserati drives into market; prices start at Rs 1.2 crore - NDTV Profit

Last edited by mallumowgli : 6th April 2011 at 16:16.
mallumowgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2011, 18:44   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Here is the news in NDTV Profit - prices quite different from what ET has quoted. Not that it will affect me in any way, but it is still exciting news

Maserati drives into market; prices start at Rs 1.2 crore - NDTV Profit
Now that is what i call realistic pricing! Exactly what I said in post #17 Bang on targeting the R8 and 911.

Quattroporte: Rs. 1.23 crore - Rs. 1.43 crore.
GranTurismo: Rs. 1.20 crore - Rs. 1.37 crore
GranCabrio: Rs. 1.43 crore

Last edited by theragingbull : 6th April 2011 at 18:57.
Old 8th April 2011, 02:42   #21
BHPian

The launch was done in Delhi day before. The cars are price very well . Posts with :O coming here and saying a maserati twice as expensive as a fezza !! Well.. Its almost half the price of the Fezza

Quattroporte: Rs. 1.23 crore - Rs. 1.43 crore.
GranTurismo: Rs. 1.20 crore - Rs. 1.37 crore
GranCabrio: Rs. 1.43 crore
smalhotra_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2011, 13:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

With the realistic and affordable prices expect to have many Masers on the streets and this also would make other manufacturers rethink the large profits that they have been eating from the customer. I would also expect the second hand supercar prices to drop drastically.
Why would i want to get a second hand F430 when i can get a Maser GT brand new at the same cost and offcourse she has the Ferrari heart too.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2011, 23:20   #23
Senior - BHPian

Nice pricing, Infact both the brands "Ferrari & Maserati" have priced their cars very well compared to Porsche whose panamera models just amaze me when I see their Indian prices even with the custom duties the similar CBU's offered in India with same price in Germany have a lot lesser price.

But looks like they are going to be very serious esp. considering the communication from Ferrari and until now I would give them 10/10 with their follow up and friendlyness for test drives etc.

I Think one car we will see in huge numbers will be the next generation of quattroporte,

Hopefully after sales is as nice as the pre-sales

Regards,
S350L-E240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 21:59   #24
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Heard the Official Launch of Ferrari is on the 26th. Source- NDTV.
PPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2011, 13:58   #25
BHPian

The launch party starts at 8:30 Pm thursday evening at janpath new delhi. Lucky to have managed a pass.
gsyngh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2011, 09:01   #26
BHPian

I don't see why the Maseratis should be more expensive than the Ferraris. Here in Dubai, the Quattroporte is approximately half a million Dirhams, which translates to about 65 Lacs. Add duties, taxes, etc that comes 1.4 cr approx in India.
The 458 is priced upwards of a million Dirhams, so the 2.2 cr price tag seems justified.
Aditya666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2011, 14:29   #27
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari has officially opened its new dealership in New Delhi. The red 458 Italia was the launch car.

Ferrari in India - Ferrari New Delhi inaugurated | Indian Autos blog

Ferrari prices in India (ex-showroom, New Delhi)

California: Rs 2.24 crore onwards
458 Italia: Rs 2.57 crore onwards
599: Rs 3.3 crore onwards
FF: Rs 3.41 crore onwards

Last edited by theragingbull : 26th May 2011 at 14:31.
Old 26th May 2011, 15:08   #28
Senior - BHPian

Very nice pricing, should do very well if customers are taken care of in a good manner.

Coming to the showroom itself, it does not look as swanky as one would expect, or perhaps it is still not complete? Have been to Ferrari showrooms across the world, and this does not match up to many, at least in pictures?

Regards,
S350L-E240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2011, 19:30   #29
mxx
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

why do these super/hyper/high-luxury manufacturers go the sole distributor route? If the distributor is not good enough, wont that affect their entire operation in this country? Why not have multiple distributors?
mxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2011, 21:44   #30
BHPian

wow great,so now on the politicians can come to parliament in a red ferrari
trinadha is offline   Reply With Quote