Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 5th July 2011, 17:46   #211
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen Vento Delays and delivery

Precisely what i thought too, I have lodged a complaint with their helpline this morning and I have been promised a callback with more details. I specifically asked them twice if this is going to come from the dealer, for which i was assured, that someone from the corp office will call me back and update the status - will post the update when i receive this.

Nicky - Thank you very much for your kind gesture, I will PM you my booking details.

Edit - Nicky - Unable to PM you due to the status being newbie. Can you give me your email address or any other alternate way of contacting you? Thank you for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
However if you sit quiet, the dealer will take advantage of that. So make some noise about it. And don't forget to lodge a complaint on the helpline.

All the best!!

Last edited by bala80 : 5th July 2011 at 18:00.
bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2011, 18:20   #212
Senior - BHPian

Hello Nicky - I didnt quote your post when i responded back to you yesterday and looks as though it didnt get your attention.

I wasnt able to PM you any details due to the newbie status, please let me know of a way to get these details across to you.

By the way - I havent received any callback from VW for the complaint that i registered with their helpline yesterday morning. Will give them a call again tomorrow morning and check on the status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
Hello Bala,
I might be able to help you with the status of your car, if you can PM me your booking details and receipt scan.
I don't promise anything though i'll try my best.
Old 7th July 2011, 09:25   #213
BHPian

Yesterday I checked with VW Kochi.

Two silver Vento-D Highline available for immediate registration.

I was interested in beige color for which the estimated delay is two months.
kevintomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 11:08   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Hello Nicky - I didnt quote your post when i responded back to you yesterday and looks as though it didnt get your attention.

I wasnt able to PM you any details due to the newbie status, please let me know of a way to get these details across to you.

By the way - I havent received any callback from VW for the complaint that i registered with their helpline yesterday morning. Will give them a call again tomorrow morning and check on the status.
Hello Bala,
quote was the exact problem i couldn't notice your reply.
you can send me email on nicky.tbhp@gmail.com

regards
Nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2011, 10:25   #215
BHPian

My sales executive called to let me know mine will be the first allotment in the batch that they will receive this month. This was on 21st of June. So was expecting the delivery in first or sencond week of July. On follow up he is saying no billing has taken place so far in this month so far and so delivery will be only after second week. After 14th July it is an inauspicious month for us here in TN and taking delivery will be a problem. Having waited for 6 months for this car I am in a precarious position.
dsr_rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2011, 16:59   #216
Senior - BHPian

And i was under the impression that things may be a little better in Coimbatore than chennai! After my complaint to VW through their helpline, I received a SMS from them after a day of my complaint that the dealer will revert within 24 hours and give me an update. I have waited now for more than 36 hours and this callback hasnt happened so far. I will still give them a day and if I dont get any updates, thinking of cancelling my booking by next week.

I have had enough already and I simply dont have the time or patience to take this battle to the next level now.
Old 8th July 2011, 17:14   #217
BHPian

Quote:
And i was under the impression that things may be a little better in Coimbatore than chennai! After my complaint to VW through their helpline, I received a SMS from them after a day of my complaint that the dealer will revert within 24 hours and give me an update. I have waited now for more than 36 hours and this callback hasnt happened so far. I will still give them a day and if I dont get any updates, thinking of cancelling my booking by next week.

I have had enough already and I simply dont have the time or patience to take this battle to the next level now.
Sad to hear this, Bala. But I recommend that you wait for a couple of days if you have already waited for 4+ months now. I too was contemplating cancellation but the response from VW Germany gave me some hope. And then I had the car in 15 days. So I suggest you please wait for a few days more for the response to come.
nileshch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2011, 13:35   #218
Senior - BHPian

After waiting for 4+months, I too agree with your comments, however, its just my frustration of not getting anywhere with this. I have decided to give it one more try - since i like the car a lot and my second choice is a cruze which is atleast 3.5 lakhs more expensive in OTR price chennai compared to a vento.

I had called the helpline once again yesterday, highlighting the fact that i received no follow-up calls, and they promised me that i should be hearing back from them by early next week. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Sad to hear this, Bala. But I recommend that you wait for a couple of days if you have already waited for 4+ months now. I too was contemplating cancellation but the response from VW Germany gave me some hope. And then I had the car in 15 days. So I suggest you please wait for a few days more for the response to come.
Old 13th July 2011, 17:14   #219
BHPian

called up the customer care number a registered a compliant. the rep said i will get a call in 48 hours. now the wait begings for the call from cutomer care. looks like volkswagen likes to keep its customers waiting be it for deliviery or calling back hope this is not the case when it is for service of vehicles.
Old 14th July 2011, 20:55   #220
Senior - BHPian

Something's definitely wrong with VW customer care. I originally registered a complaint with their helpline on 6th July for which they sent me a SMS on 7th July stating the dealer will call me back and provide an status update. I waited for 48 hours, this callback never came along, called the helpline again and asked for the status of my callback on 9th July. I was told that i should be receiving it latest by 12th July without fail.

Today is 14th July and till date I havent received this so called callback.

To add to this, I sent a email to both the german and Indian customer care team on 10th of July highlighting my complaints. I received an automated response only from the german team and thereafter no further communication. I hope someone from VW reads these posts and does something to fix their process in the first place, delivery delays can still be managed but this is more serious according to me. I have always been used to the responsive ways of Maruti and to me this is a big risk that I'm consiously taking - Hope i wont have to approach VW for anything after (if at all) I get my car and repent my decision to go for a Vento.

By the way - A gentlemen messaged me and offered help, I have sent him the necessary details and he has promised to revert back to me with the delivery schedule. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsr_rpm View Post
called up the customer care number a registered a compliant. the rep said i will get a call in 48 hours. now the wait begings for the call from cutomer care. looks like volkswagen likes to keep its customers waiting be it for deliviery or calling back hope this is not the case when it is for service of vehicles.
Old 15th July 2011, 10:47   #221
BHPian

the call to customer care was forwarded as complaint to the local dealer. The rep who manages my booking called up asking if I registered a complained and said he will respond to it by mail. he then sent a mail stating that they will inform me once the billing for my car is done at the plant.

I had actually wanted to speak to someone in the VW corporate to find out when was the last billing done for the local dealer but the call was forwarded to the dealer who has been saying that there has been no billing in the last two months. They are turning what needed to be a pleasant buying experience to a regrettable one.
Old 15th July 2011, 12:52   #222
BHPian

I think it is getting region specific too. In NCR, no dealer is quoting more than 1 month waiting of either TL or HL TDI models.
Abhi_Automobile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 18:14   #223
Senior - BHPian

Update on my case - After my posts here explaining my issues, I received a message from a gentleman who was following the posts on this thread, whose identity is not being revealed to respect his privacy. He asked me for my booking receipt and details and reverted back to me in a couple of days with information on the allotment of my car from the VW factory. He provided me all the details including the VIN number of the vehicle alloted to me, tentative date of delivery in chennai.

I was atleast hoping the dealer will now call and inform me to make the payment since the vehicle has already been shipped from the factory, but then there was absolutely no communication from them. I called them yesterday and they were stumped when i asked them about the delivery date of my car, they then tried to cover up stating my initials were incorrectly mentioned and that is the reason, they didnt contact me. I ignored their excuses and it was agreed that I will make the remaining payment in a couple of days and will give them all documents required for registration of the vehicle.

I went to the abra motors, CIT nagar showroom today and when i asked them about the amount that i need to pay - I was told that i need to pay the current OTR prices (after the price increase in July, OTR chennai is now 11 Lakhs for highline MT - a difference of close to 50k from my original booking), I was given the reason the price at the time of delivery was applicable. I confronted them with the communication from VW about the old booking continued to be delivered in the old price and they changed their stand and reverted back to the old ex-showroom price now!, however since there was a change in VAT to compared to when i booked in March, i had to pay the additional 2% VAT on ex-showroom price. When i questioned the logic, I was shown the official price list indicating this and hence I accepted to pay this. I had to pay an additional 15k on ex-showroom for this VAT increase and some more for registration and insurance. Again, i had to demand the corp discount and they wanted a disclaimer signed by me with the seal of my company to provide me the 16k discount. I can sign the disclaimer, provided them a xerox copy of my ID card, but then it was surprising they are asking me for company seal, never heard this before - can someone confirm if this was the case in other places?

Finally, they agreed they will deliver my car sometime early next week. Dont know what more nonsense is in stock for me - but for people from chennai - please be wary of the so called salesmen in Abra motors, I havent met even a single honest salesmen there. Unless you are an informed customer, you will definitely be taken for a ride.

Thanks to Souravc, Nileshch, Noopster for their continuous support. Thanks to the person from VW who helped me with the allocation of my car after reading the posts on team bhp. I would request you to kindly make a note of the above mentioned complaint as well against the chennai dealer and take it the notice of appropriate people within VW.

I would atleast now hope for a troublefree and pleasent ownership experience with my new car.
Old 27th July 2011, 18:42   #224
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks to Souravc, Nileshch, Noopster for their continuous support. Thanks to the person from VW who helped me with the allocation of my car after reading the posts on team bhp.

I would atleast now hope for a troublefree and pleasent ownership experience with my new car.
Bala, you're quite welcome and congrats on the way you handled the whole process. A big cheer for the anonymous gentleman who helped your cause . Interestingly, I was also given an inside tip that helped me get my Vento after "only" 3 months, else I would have probably been waiting for n additional 3-4! Thank God for T-BHP that allows us at least this edge- I can't imagine how the average unsuspecting Joe deals with this kind of skulduggery on the part of dealers!

Quote:
Again, i had to demand the corp discount and they wanted a disclaimer signed by me with the seal of my company to provide me the 16k discount. I can sign the disclaimer, provided them a xerox copy of my ID card, but then it was surprising they are asking me for company seal, never heard this before - can someone confirm if this was the case in other places?
Amazing- they tried to pull this stunt with me as well (at VW Pune I mean). I told the SR quite earnestly that my employer is very risk averse and would not stamp any disclaimer on my bahelf or otherwise that wasn't approved by the CEO (probably true)! I told her I could sign the disclaimer myself, give her all the necessary proofs that I was in fact employed with that company, etc. but she had to help me out (used some old snake oil). It did the trick

Looking forward to your ownership review...
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 00:03   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Update on my case - After my posts here explaining my issues, I received a message from a gentleman who was following the posts on this thread, whose identity is not being revealed to respect his privacy. He asked me for my booking receipt and details and reverted back to me in a couple of days with information on the allotment of my car from the VW factory. He provided me all the details including the VIN number of the vehicle alloted to me, tentative date of delivery in chennai.
Bala, heartiest congratulations! This is great news! If you have got the VIN, check the month of manufacture from the VIN thread on TBHP. Just to verify that you have a car from the latest batch.

Quote:
I was atleast hoping the dealer will now call and inform me to make the payment since the vehicle has already been shipped from the factory, but then there was absolutely no communication from them. I called them yesterday and they were stumped when i asked them about the delivery date of my car, they then tried to cover up stating my initials were incorrectly mentioned and that is the reason, they didnt contact me. I ignored their excuses and it was agreed that I will make the remaining payment in a couple of days and will give them all documents required for registration of the vehicle.
The dealer still has the ability to change the allocation. So make sure you don't give them a reason to delay the delivery. Make the payment on time. Also don't buy any accessories (and extended warranty) from them! You can save upto 10k by getting the insurance yourself. Or you can get better addons for the same cost if you approach insurance company directly. All this can be done in a day or two.

Quote:
Again, i had to demand the corp discount and they wanted a disclaimer signed by me with the seal of my company to provide me the 16k discount. I can sign the disclaimer, provided them a xerox copy of my ID card, but then it was surprising they are asking me for company seal, never heard this before - can someone confirm if this was the case in other places?
I was told to get the company seal too. However, I was able to get it done from my company's HR department. They were more than helpful.

Quote:
Finally, they agreed they will deliver my car sometime early next week. Dont know what more nonsense is in stock for me - but for people from chennai - please be wary of the so called salesmen in Abra motors, I havent met even a single honest salesmen there. Unless you are an informed customer, you will definitely be taken for a ride.
Ride it out till you get your car. You can always take your car to a different workshop afterwards.

Quote:
Thanks to Souravc, Nileshch, Noopster for their continuous support. Thanks to the person from VW who helped me with the allocation of my car after reading the posts on team bhp. I would request you to kindly make a note of the above mentioned complaint as well against the chennai dealer and take it the notice of appropriate people within VW.

You are most welcome! Looking forward to your ownership experience.
nileshch is online now   Reply With Quote