Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 28th July 2011, 09:26   #226
BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen Vento Delays and delivery

Still waiting for the update from dealer. Mean while my loan was processed and disbured to the dealer last week. when I enquired with the bank they say the disbursement request was sent from the dealer quoting a delivery time of one week and so they disbursed it. When enquired at the show room they say they only sent request for approval and not disburing
Now i have paid 90% of the money for car which I dont know when it will come to me.
dsr_rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 21:32   #227
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Noopster, I told them the same thing and I should hopefully be able to sort this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

Amazing- they tried to pull this stunt with me as well
Thank you Nileshch, June 2011 is the month of manufacture. By the way, I received a email from the dealer yesterday for the original complaint that i registered with the VW helpline on 5th July! It couldnt have come at a better time since I had another experience in their showroom where they were trying to fool around stating I need to pay the revised OTR. I decided to reply to everyone copied on that email and let them know the pathetic state of things with the dealer in chennai. I received calls this morning from the concerned salesmen apologizing for the incident yesterday and they have committed to deliver my vehicle next week without any further issues. I hope it happens so, keeping my fingers crossed.

I have completed all the payments, have infact prepared form 20 for registering my vehicle which mentions the VIN/Engine Number/Date of manufacture etc. The shipment should arrive this weekend and after the registration formalities, I should be able to finally take delivery by mid next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Bala, heartiest congratulations! This is great news! If you have got the VIN, check the month of manufacture from the VIN thread on TBHP. Just to verify that you have a car from the latest batch.

The dealer still has the ability to change the allocation. So make sure you don't give them a reason to delay the delivery. Make the payment on time. Also don't buy any accessories (and extended warranty) from them! You can save upto 10k by getting the insurance yourself. Or you an get better addons for the same cost if you approach insurance company directly. All this can be done in a day or two.
bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 12:27   #228
BHPian

I booked a white VW Vento Tdi Highline on 11/07/2011 in Coimbatore.

I'm given with a 'tentative' waiting period of seven to eight months. The sales consultant told me that a facelift is due soon and so I gave March 2012 as my preferred time of delivery.

I was also told that a white trendline can be delivered in six months and all other colours in the highline can be delivered in four months.

The Ex - showroom price at the time of booking was ₹9,43,500/- I'm eagerly waiting for steering mounted controls and may delay my date of delivery if it's not launched then.
coolkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 13:18   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
T
Thank you Nileshch, June 2011 is the month of manufacture.
//

I have completed all the payments, have infact prepared form 20 for registering my vehicle which mentions the VIN/Engine Number/Date of manufacture etc. The shipment should arrive this weekend and after the registration formalities, I should be able to finally take delivery by mid next week.
Hey Bala, just noticed this. My heartiest congratulations to you ! Now to do justice to your immense patience, you should put up your ownership thread within a day of getting your car . VW should give you a Beetle free with your Vento (like the Phaeton offer) - you have shown so much loyalty , even though you flirted for a brief while with the new Fiesta
cheers

P.S - If i recollect correctly in one of your posts a few months earlier you had asked me about the parking sensors and I had recommended crosslink (the ones I put on my Vento), I have to revise my opinion - those damn things conk out when exposed to heavy rains . They start working again when things dry up so beware
souravc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 13:25   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkid View Post
I booked a white VW Vento Tdi Highline on 11/07/2011 in Coimbatore.

I'm given with a 'tentative' waiting period of seven to eight months. The sales consultant told me that a facelift is due soon and so I gave March 2012 as my preferred time of delivery.

I was also told that a white trendline can be delivered in six months and all other colours in the highline can be delivered in four months.

The Ex - showroom price at the time of booking was ₹9,43,500/- I'm eagerly waiting for steering mounted controls and may delay my date of delivery if it's not launched then.
Wow , seems like the days are not that far when they will start futures and options trading in cars on the stock exchange. The sales consultant seems to have taken you for a ride here , there has been no official or even unofficial confirmation on the supposed upgrades . Most of the talk in the forums represent wishes of car buyers and mere speculation - VW as a manufacturer is not known for bringing about rapid upgrades / updates especially when Vento sales are strong so much so that backlogs are not being met !
Its pretty amusing that you chose to wait 8 months - why not wait till the announcement on the upgrades are made ? Doesn't seem like you are in a hurry to get a new car
souravc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 13:37   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Wow , seems like the days are not that far when they will start futures and options trading in cars on the stock exchange. The sales consultant seems to have taken you for a ride here , there has been no official or even unofficial confirmation on the supposed upgrades . Most of the talk in the forums represent wishes of car buyers and mere speculation - VW as a manufacturer is not known for bringing about rapid upgrades / updates especially when Vento sales are strong so much so that backlogs are not being met !
Its pretty amusing that you chose to wait 8 months - why not wait till the announcement on the upgrades are made ? Doesn't seem like you are in a hurry to get a new car
I'd be happy if they bring in a better head unit, at least the one on the IPL edition. Come March and I'd be needing a car to replace my current vehicle, so I opted to book the car now and wait rather than booking it after the upgrades are announced because then I'd need to wait for another eight months.
coolkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 14:17   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsr_rpm View Post
Still waiting for the update from dealer. Mean while my loan was processed and disbured to the dealer last week. when I enquired with the bank they say the disbursement request was sent from the dealer quoting a delivery time of one week and so they disbursed it. When enquired at the show room they say they only sent request for approval and not disburing
Now i have paid 90% of the money for car which I dont know when it will come to me.
Had an long discussion with my loan executive on this - (as per him) basically what happens is once you sign the loan agreement & submit all documents, once your loan processing is done, the bank disburses the loan amount to the dealer.
Now this seems un-necessary as the dealer could take a long period and take benefit of the loan amount; but need to understand the following
From the bank's perspective :- the bank gets assured of the customer loan; processing fees are collected - a sales deal has been made - that's more important
From the customer (us) perspective :- The interest rate gets fixed.
(all this as per the executive)

People,
looks like the VW friendly & helpful pre-sales service is going to live upto its mark in my case too. Till date, I haven't pushed them to deliver; but since my loan's approved & disbursed; and now I have a deadline of 30 days before the rates get reconsidered.
My delivery dates have been twice pushed, now the 3rd date being mid August. Even that date (obviously) is not guaranteed. As per the VW sales team, my choice of color (Shadow Blue) is to blame.

Also has anybody been delivered a Blue diesel Vento in July (at Pune)? According to the VW team, I am the first person in the list waiting for the blue color since July.

Guys, a few suggestions on where to start? Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 31st July 2011 at 14:23. Reason: Added points
ninjatalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 15:45   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

The waiting period told to me yesterday for the Vento in Delhi was surprising guys. I enquired about the Vento TDI highline. The SA said that red/black are available off the shelf. The blue, beige, white and silver have a waiting period of 15-20 days.
I was pleasantly shocked to listen this as I was under the impression that the car still has a 2-3 month waiting.
drmohitg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 18:41   #234
Team-BHP Support

Guys is that the standard waiting period after the deluge of Fiesta and Verna entry?
A Highline is still looking at 3 months? (May be true as now Vento is seen as VFM!)
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 19:43   #235
Senior - BHPian

Hello Souravc - I was looking forward to hearing from you, thank you very much my friend. You, along with Nileshch and Noopster were extremely helpful and supportive in providing my suggestions. Actually, I went along with my friend to book the new fiesta for him - I'm not exactly a fan of funky and futuristic styling and I prefer a more conservative and laid back design, Just for this reason i wasnt interested in the verna or the fiesta and If not the vento - my next choice was the cruze. The budget was bit of stretch though and hence i was thinking to myself that if not the vento, Ill postpone my purchase by atleast another 6 months!

Im still keeping my fingers crossed - escalated the unethical practice from the dealer the other day and the concerned salesman called and apologised to me. I hope they dont do this to other customer - who may just fall prey to their tactics. If all goes well, I should be able to get delivery by next week. I will surely keep you posted and come up with a ownership experience as soon as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Hey Bala, just noticed this. My heartiest congratulations to you !
This is correct, I have made this observation earlier too - waiting period in the southern states (TN,KL,KA) are as high as 6 to 8 months whereas the situation seems to be lot better in central/northern states. I have read somewhere they are the biggest market and hence allocation to dealers may be driven by market dynamics. I cant fathom any other reason for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The waiting period told to me yesterday for the Vento in Delhi was surprising guys. I enquired about the Vento TDI highline. The SA said that red/black are available off the shelf. The blue, beige, white and silver have a waiting period of 15-20 days.
I was pleasantly shocked to listen this as I was under the impression that the car still has a 2-3 month waiting.
Situation is pretty much the same pre/post fiesta and verna entry Ampere. When i last enquired couple of days back in TN, diesel highline is 6 months and trendline is 2 months. All other petrol models have a waiting period of 1 month. This is posted in the front office notice board in the dealership. I would assume things would be very similar in Bangalore.

P.S - Please note that pre-booking the SA will quote a waiting period of 3 months for TDI HL which will automatically go up to 6 months post your booking and unless you make yourself heard, you wont get your car in 6 months even!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Guys is that the standard waiting period after the deluge of Fiesta and Verna entry?
A Highline is still looking at 3 months? (May be true as now Vento is seen as VFM!)
Old 31st July 2011, 20:34   #236
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Situation is pretty much the same pre/post fiesta and verna entry Ampere. When i last enquired couple of days back in TN, diesel highline is 6 months and trendline is 2 months. All other petrol models have a waiting period of 1 month. This is posted in the front office notice board in the dealership. I would assume things would be very similar in Bangalore.

P.S - Please note that pre-booking the SA will quote a waiting period of 3 months for TDI HL which will automatically go up to 6 months post your booking and unless you make yourself heard, you wont get your car in 6 months even!!!

Looks like VW wants to keep the situation like that, just to keep the impression that they are in demand (like the Swift VDI waiting period)?

What is the reason that it does not improve?
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 21:27   #237
Senior - BHPian

Million dollar question for which there isn't a concrete answer till date - If you look at the sales thread the production numbers are pretty constant M-O-M. Only reason could be due to supply shortages and availability issues, but then arises another question - why this isn't still addressed even after an year post launch!!!

There isn't any clarity on this till date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere

Looks like VW wants to keep the situation like that, just to keep the impression that they are in demand (like the Swift VDI waiting period)?

What is the reason that it does not improve?
Old 31st July 2011, 21:43   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Million dollar question for which there isn't a concrete answer till date - If you look at the sales thread the production numbers are pretty constant M-O-M. Only reason could be due to supply shortages and availability issues, but then arises another question - why this isn't still addressed even after an year post launch!!!

There isn't any clarity on this till date.
But is the difference in waiting period so different between different places? 20 days in Delhi vs 6 months down south? Infact I went to another VW dealer today in Delhi just to make sure if the waiting is indeed less then a month. The SA initially said around 4-5 weeks for the White colour which is the most in demand. On a little pushing he was ready to deliver a white coloured TDI highline car to me before 10th august if I book within 2 days.

I think guys you need to really push the dealers to make things happen. Thats the way VW seems to be working!

Last edited by drmohitg : 31st July 2011 at 21:43. Reason: Spelling error
drmohitg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 22:00   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally, they agreed they will deliver my car sometime early next week.
That is a very good news Bala.

Was enjoying my Fiesta SXI characteristics on Maduravoyal-Tambaram bypass with only complaint of frequent downshifts upon slowing down due to traffic. Was upset with VW that they were not able to deliver TDI's with reasonable delivery time frame or atleast correct their dealership attitudes (esp SE)

Quote:
I think guys you need to really push the dealers to make things happen. That's the way VW seems to be working!
I was behind them for TD, but none of them even bothered to return my call. After registering with VW website, I was given a TD. When asked about delivery time frames, it would be between 3-6 months depending on the SE mood.

Last edited by Surprise : 31st July 2011 at 22:04.
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2011, 19:51   #240
Senior - BHPian

@Dsr_rpm - Usually loan will be processed only after vehicle allotment and your confirmation. Why would a showroom send any approval request? I can smell something fishy here - Please escalate and resolve this at the earliest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsr_rpm View Post
@drmohitg - unfortunately thats the situation and i dont have an answer for the reason behind this. I have heard diesels sell more down south, whereas its a more even distribution between petrols/diesels in central/northern states. I'm not sure if the allocation numbers from VW is different for different parts of the country though, but then with no clarity - this seems to be the most probable reason for this variance.

Most of the people who have posted in this thread during recent times are from the southern states

I agree to your comment on pushing these guys - even for the simplest of tasks, else nothing moves with VW. The stupid dealer that I'm dealing with - havent yet updated my updated contact details inspite of reminding them to do it atleast 3 times!

Quote:
But is the difference in waiting period so different between different places? 20 days in Delhi vs 6 months down south?

I think guys you need to really push the dealers to make things happen. Thats the way VW seems to be working!
@Surprise - Given a situation - I myself wont take this route again my friend. So, be happy that your calls werent returned back! I put up with this nonsense, since I was not in any hurry and none of the other options in this segment appealed to me.

My expectation levels with VW have dropped drastically now - Hopefully the after sales is better compared to pre-sales. Its totally the opposite to what I have been experiencing with Maruti so far, Agreed its a trade-off, but I'm doing so very consciously. Wish me luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
That is a very good news Bala.

Was upset with VW that they were not able to deliver TDI's with reasonable delivery time frame or atleast correct their dealership attitudes (esp SE)

I was behind them for TD, but none of them even bothered to return my call. After registering with VW website, I was given a TD. When asked about delivery time frames, it would be between 3-6 months depending on the SE mood.