Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 22nd May 2012, 03:28   #331
BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen Vento Delays and delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I worked out the economics as well. For Vento D (over its P sibling), since I am taking a loan, I would need to take extra 2L loan which means extra EMI of 6600 per month over next 3 years. If I liberally take running cost as 10 for P and 4 for D version, Diesel will make sense only if my monthly running is more than 1100 KM. Its about half of that.
Did you take into account the resale value? Vento D's depreciation would be much lower than its P sibling and you might want to consider that as well when you do the math.
singleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2012, 07:30   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Good luck with your Vento , we had to endure much rougher times around 18 months back
Thank you! Yes, of course I have read all the threads about the current Vento Owners on TBHP luckily till now my experience with dealer (TD, booking, research - 3 seperate days) has been great! Seeing the Vento service thread - I'd it does make me happy to see good/decent service as well. As the car was avaailiable on the same day as booking - I do believe and hope there will be no delays this weekend (scheduled delivery).
madnish30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2012, 07:51   #333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Surprising that three most popular colors in the most popular variant are availiable of the shelf.
The most popular colour currently in Vento is 'shadow blue'!

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2012, 07:57   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Cheers!
Yes, that color looks good too! I think one our our members has it - looks great. Though dealer showed the sales chart for April - which had color wise numbers. White topped it, followed by silver then black. Surprisingly Biege and Red had no sales - and blue's sales too were next to zero. Besides that the reason may be that there is a 6 week waiting for cars which aren't in their stock yard ie the Petrol AT, Diesel TL, Petrol TL. Only Petrol HL, Petrol IPL, Diesel HL are readily availiable.

Cheers!
madnish30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 11:03   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Cheers!
Believe it or not, I have not seen a single shadow blue Vento on the streets in Bangalore till now. I see mostly silver, followed by white, and then black.
bansal98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 11:31   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansal98 View Post
Believe it or not, I have not seen a single shadow blue Vento on the streets in Bangalore till now. I see mostly silver, followed by white, and then black.
Strange! Which area in Bangalore do you stay in? There are 4 TBHPians including me, with Shadow Blue Ventos and spread across Bangalore! And a lot more non-TBHPian Shadow Blue owners I've seen.
nileshch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 13:09   #337
Senior - BHPian

^^

Well till the time of my booking (in March) I hadnt seen a single Blue Vento on the roads! But nowdays have started coming across an odd shadow blue once in a while. Only day before yesterday spotted one in the parking lot of the PSK at Sai Arcade!

One more will be added to the roads of Bangalore, hopefully this week

Last edited by joslicx : 28th May 2012 at 13:13.
joslicx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 14:08   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Strange! Which area in Bangalore do you stay in? There are 4 TBHPians including me, with Shadow Blue Ventos and spread across Bangalore! And a lot more non-TBHPian Shadow Blue owners I've seen.
I live near Electronic City which is in the outskirts but still, there are hundreds of cars coming in every day when I commute and I never see any shadow blue Vento.

Last edited by bansal98 : 28th May 2012 at 14:11.
bansal98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2012, 12:01   #339
BHPian

For Bangalore folks, came from the Palace cross showroom and right now thay have 2 White Vento TDI HL in stock off the shelves. Somebody cancelled the booking. The manufacture month of the cars is May 2012.

Otherwise the waiting period is around 3 months in Bangalore for a TDI HL White
evilshantanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2012, 12:07   #340
BHPian

I fail to understand why there are such crazy delays in getting a Vento especially when the car sells hardly 2000 units a month. Delays are surely understandable during launch periods. After so many months, with lower sales, I dont know if VW keeps production artificially low. It will hit them negatively in the long run.
vikramv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2012, 13:28   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramv1 View Post
I fail to understand why there are such crazy delays in getting a Vento especially when the car sells hardly 2000 units a month. Delays are surely understandable during launch periods. After so many months, with lower sales, I dont know if VW keeps production artificially low. It will hit them negatively in the long run.
Much of it has to do with plant capacity. The combined capacity of the Rapid and the Vento is somewhere around 4.5-5k per month. Also they are exporting the Vento from India so don't think there would be much idle capacity to reduce the waiting periods.
samarjitdhar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2012, 13:29   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which delay are you talking about? Have you booked a Vento and the delivery is getting delayed? If so, do post the details - then probably we can comment.

If it is general speculations which I believe you are doing, lets keep it to the Vento thread, this thread is more specific to people who have booked a car and their delivery is getting delayed. There are several reasons, which can be discussed there.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 3rd August 2012 at 13:34.
ninjatalli is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2012, 14:23   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Which delay are you talking about? Have you booked a Vento and the delivery is getting delayed? If so, do post the details - then probably we can comment.

If it is general speculations which I believe you are doing, lets keep it to the Vento thread, this thread is more specific to people who have booked a car and their delivery is getting delayed. There are several reasons, which can be discussed there.
Whilst i have not booked a vento, i have several colleagues and friends at work who have experienced this not only with Vento but also with Jetta. So I am not merely speculating. I was just stating facts.

If you feel my reply is not relevant, the mods may kindly delete my reply.
vikramv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2012, 14:59   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whilst i have not booked a vento, i have several colleagues and friends at work who have experienced this not only with Vento but also with Jetta. So I am not merely speculating. I was just stating facts.

If you feel my reply is not relevant, the mods may kindly delete my reply.
Then please state those situations - some of the situations might be self-explanatory or already visited earlier. For example the delays for petrol versions. Or for some, we might be able to help if possible, or your information can help prospective Vento buyers.

And its not if I feel your reply is relevant or not, but my suggestion is on using the appropriate thread. Not everytime mods need to step in to correct that, we can understand that ourselves.

This thread was for a purpose, let's stick to that - this will help people who are facing the delivery problems and it'll be easier for them to browse through this. And as I said, we can always have the general discussions on the Vento thread. And there is a Jetta thread which I believe you'll be aware of where you can touch upon for Jetta delivery issues.
ninjatalli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2012, 08:07   #345
BHPian

Reviving this thread, to describe my experience with waiting for a Vento. We started looking for a new car to replace our Getz in July this year. We tested the Vento AT, and very quickly decided it ticked all boxes. However, we were told by dealers that they had run out of inventories of the Vento AT, that they had not received any dispatches since February and had no idea when the car would become available again. I was also told that production of 2012 model Vento ATs had probably been under 100 all told.

In early September, VW came out with the famous four page vibrator ad launching the face lifted MY 2013 Ventos. But it took more than one week for Bombay dealers to have clarity on pricing, and even then, there was massive confusion on whether or not the Navigation + Camera was an option or a compulsory accessory. (It turned out to be the latter). After sorting all of this out, I booked a Shadow Blue Vento Highline AT in the third week of September, and was promised delivery before Dasera, and given some hope that I could get it by the month end. Come September end, I was told there was no sign of a Shadow Blue but I could have a red one if I wanted. Mid October, I was told they had got one Shadow Blue allotted, but that would go to someone who booked in July - I could now have a White one. Late October, I was told they hoped to give me a date in early November. In the second week of November, I was told that they hoped to get an allocation in late November but could give me no assurances on the same. I lost my patience and cancelled the booking.

Post Diwali, I resumed my hunt for a new car. We looked at the Corolla, and came close to booking it. I was keen on the Champagne Mica 1.8 VL AT. The dealer was able to tell me that it was not in stock, but that it will be produced on December 20th, and that it would reach the dealer by December 25th, and that I could have it if I booked right away. However, the Rs. 6 lakh premium on ex showroom compared to a Vento did not seem attractive, and hence I started calling VW dealers to see if any Blue Highline ATs were available off the shelf. When I went back to the my original dealer, I was told that the car originally booked for me had arrived around November 20, had sat in inventory for 10 days, and had just been sold. Of course, they were too high and mighty to call me and check if I still wanted the car. He had no clue when Blue Highline ATs would be available again, though he hoped it would be before the year end.

I called the other dealers, and one of them had a car. While I was negotiating with him for the price, two other dealers called back and said the car is available now. I am now in the process of closing the deal, the good news being that the pricing is lower than that offered in September. As an aside, I got a call yesterday from the Toyota dealer that the December 20 lot of Champagne Mica cars had been sold out, and indicating an alternate production date for current bookings.

To my mind, this clearly shows the problem with VW, and why VW customers are so frustrated with their waiting experiences. Unlike Toyota, which gives dealers a transparent production and delivery schedule, VW seems to be either surprising dealers with inventory and not giving them any commitment on when relatively rare variants will be delivered. If a dealer does not know two days before receiving a car that it is coming, that seems completely ridiculous. If the dealer knew it was coming and did not tell me, that is worse. I wonder how many customers VW loses because of this mismanagement. If VW hopes to succeed, it needs to get its act together and ensure that the entire customer experience is a premium one.

Last edited by Hayek : 9th December 2012 at 08:32.
Hayek is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote