Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 14th February 2011, 15:54   #46
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Volkswagen Vento Delays and delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidkill View Post
...they tried to stick me with a 2010 model in the 2nd week of december. I flatly said i wanted a 2011 model
Typo eh? What else were you expecting in 2010 ??
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 17:18   #47

Did not think First post for the beauty would be in a form of a complaint rather than in its appreciation.

Model: Vento TDI Highline (Reflex Silver)
Dealer: Frontier Autoworld, Gurgaon
Test Drive: Yes, 21st September 2010
Booking: September 21st, 2010
Booking amount: 75,000
Delivery period commited on booking receipt?: Yes. "3 months!"
Whether delivery commitment met?: No way & still no clue
Whether VW booking number given: No ( after a lot of pestering got that in Jan 2011)
Updates provided by dealer sales rep or VW on wait: No. After followups 2 to 3 times a week, date keps shifting by 10 days everytime.
Was promised postive delivery in Jan end, which went on to become Feb 1st week & so on & the wait continues.
rohbatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2011, 10:06   #48
BHPian

hi rohbatra, welcome to the Vento waiting Club. Can you tell us what is the booking number given to you. I was given 30267 as the booking number when booked on 20th Jan. Is yours too a five digit number. Want to know to ensure if the number is genuine and also decipher the number.
dsr_rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2011, 10:15   #49
BHPian

I tried to find my booking number, they told me its 10/10/042 (10th month, 2010, 42 number in the queue) not sure if this is a number assigned by the dealer or VW
evilshantanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2011, 11:00   #50

Hi dsr,
Booking Refrence No. Line was left Blank by the dealer on the Sales Contract form, when the car was booked on 21/09, Some time in January after a lot of questioning was given this number, which was noted down on the form in front of me from the VW website which the dealers have an access to. the Number is BO04386.
Hope above info is helpful
rohbatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2011, 13:17   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohbatra View Post
Hi dsr,
Booking Refrence No. Line was left Blank by the dealer on the Sales Contract form, when the car was booked on 21/09, Some time in January after a lot of questioning was given this number, which was noted down on the form in front of me from the VW website which the dealers have an access to. the Number is BO04386.
Hope above info is helpful
This is news to me. I was made to believe that booking form number is the booking ref number. I double checked the form again and ref. no. field is blank indeed. I plan to visit them to find out what's cooking.

Thanks for sharing.
windsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 09:11   #52
BHPian

thanks for the reply, now i have to get back to my Sales guy to verify the no. was thinking he is being genuine by giving me the booking number on the next day of the booking.
dsr_rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 15:01   #53
BHPian

Had just called up volkswagen goa,they offered a corporate discount of 20k and said that highline TDI will be delivered in the first week of may.
Naparajito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2011, 10:54   #54
BHPian

Caught up between good ethics and professionalism. The people from VW Palace cross dont pick up the call if I call from my mobile, I have to call them from my desk numbers now. I dont want to be the one disturbing them or running behind them, but what about the inconvenience that I am encountering since the last 4 months, today its exactly 4 months since when I booked the Vento.

A transparent picture about the bookings and deliveries is what the customers are looking at. I am not asking them to deliver the car tomorrow. But my pain point is the same since the last 4 months, tell me an approximate date..... with absolutely no word from the dealer, how are the customers supposed to react ?

VW on the other hand is worse, they dont reply to the emails or the complaints.

I am really frustrated now, as according to the earlier delivery promises etc, the car should have been delivered by now, I have sold my previous car and now I am on the mercy of the public transport and the autos.

This is going nowhere.......
Old 17th February 2011, 11:56   #55
Senior - BHPian

Does VW charge for cancellation of booking?
Honda is charging Rs. 10000 and Skoda is charging Rs. 5000 in Pune.
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2011, 12:07   #56
BHPian

After a trendline petrol was delivered to a friend last week, i thought it was time to pay a visit to the dealership (VW Secunderabad). This time I met the Manager Sales but the story is same. However, they have shown me the booking list (it is maintained in excel :-) ), they told me that my car has not be allocated by VW. They are expecting it could allocated by end of this month and a tentative delivery of early april. This is getting really frustrating now. However, the dealership did sound honest to me. I am planning to wait 1 month to see if VW makes any progress.
I am also waiting for SX4 launch and will decide after a TD if I need to cancel the Vento.
windsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2011, 12:14   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Does VW charge for cancellation of booking?
Honda is charging Rs. 10000 and Skoda is charging Rs. 5000 in Pune.
No they are not charging anything for the cancellation of booking. At least it is written on my booking slip. You cancel the booking and you will get the entire 75K back

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
After a trendline petrol was delivered to a friend last week, i thought it was time to pay a visit to the dealership (VW Secunderabad). This time I met the Manager Sales but the story is same. However, they have shown me the booking list (it is maintained in excel :-) ), they told me that my car has not be allocated by VW. They are expecting it could allocated by end of this month and a tentative delivery of early april. This is getting really frustrating now. However, the dealership did sound honest to me. I am planning to wait 1 month to see if VW makes any progress.
I am also waiting for SX4 launch and will decide after a TD if I need to cancel the Vento.
Yup they maintain it in excel, which is extracted from the booking tool. So actually they maintain the bookings history in the tool and extracts the details locally through a query which is then presented in excel
Old 17th February 2011, 16:26   #58
BHPian

Hi guys - got a call from the dealer KSM Motors, Mumbai today saying that my car has come to New Bombay (either to the workshop or the stockyard as they said). Expect to do a PDI tommorrow at either place and tske delivery within the next 3-4 days. Will keep you posted.

P.S. - my booking details are the same as Rohbatra i.e. Reflex Silver TDI Highline booked on Sept 21, 2010! So officially Rohbatra is my booking soulmate clone!
Svis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2011, 17:06   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
No they are not charging anything for the cancellation of booking. At least it is written on my booking slip. You cancel the booking and you will get the entire 75K back
I was told INR 20000 for cancelling once the vehicle is alloted in your name (i.e. most probably by VW)!
Anything before, and you get the entire booking amount back i.e. INR 75000/- in my case.
anjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011, 11:54   #60
BHPian

Latest news: My car is in production. Once the car is shipped from the Chakan Plant, the dealer would start the payment formalities.