Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 21st February 2011, 12:05   #61
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen Vento Delays and delivery

@evil, time to change your sig? to booked and revived?
sidindica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011, 13:59   #62
Team-BHP Support

Congrats evil! Waiting for your ownership review eagerly!
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011, 17:26   #63
BHPian

Hi Evil,
I have booked a TDI in the first week of Feb. Well I am looking for tracker of some sort or some idea where I can follow when my TDI will go into production. Seems you know how that is done. Let me know.
ambivalent_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011, 17:30   #64
BHPian

Shantanu,
Did dealership inform you the delivery date? OR just informed you that your car is in production. The guys here said that VW will first release the expected week of delivery and that is the confirmation that the car will go into production (in future). Can you please clarify?
windsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011, 22:38   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Hi Evil,
I have booked a TDI in the first week of Feb. Well I am looking for tracker of some sort or some idea where I can follow when my TDI will go into production. Seems you know how that is done. Let me know.
The dealer and VW disappoint you big time on this front. I booked my TDI Highline on 18th Oct 2010, ever since I have followed up twice a week with my dealer. The sales person are good for nothing, all they would do would be "No Idea" and "Sorry" thats what they are taught to do, but this sorry business doesnt solve our problem. When you are buying a car you need to plan a lot of things in advance, even an approximate date would help...try and get a direct number of the GM Sales, he has a login id on the VW intranet tracking tool, it basically tells them the order status in the queue every week. Once the Car goes on the production line, the Engine and Chasis numbers are alloted to that particular customer on that tool

Apart from that I had to take the pains of calling up the VW Group sales head office in Bandra Kurla complex, Mumbai a number of times, after n number of calls to their reception I was able to reach their Sales team, who gave me an approximate date of delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
Shantanu,
Did dealership inform you the delivery date? OR just informed you that your car is in production. The guys here said that VW will first release the expected week of delivery and that is the confirmation that the car will go into production (in future). Can you please clarify?
The dealership didnt inform me anything, last week on thursday I really got frustrated with all this chaos and I went to the dealer. I was very adamant in speaking to the GM Sales, and didnt want to speak to anybody else. A lot of sales persons came to calm me down, but ultimately I found my way to the GM Sales. He can login and tell you the current status right away.

I dont know why they dont do that by default, feels like the license raj red tapism days

Last edited by evilshantanu : 21st February 2011 at 22:41.
evilshantanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 12:07   #66
BHPian

I wonder why do you guys put up with all this. I would have lost interest in the car if I have to wait for so long. There are so many options like ANHC, SX4, Verna, Linea available in the market. Believe me VW is not the last word in automobiles.
Palio_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 12:15   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
I wonder why do you guys put up with all this. I would have lost interest in the car if I have to wait for so long. There are so many options like ANHC, SX4, Verna, Linea available in the market. Believe me VW is not the last word in automobiles.
Good question!

1) ANHC: I have a big issue with the Ground clearance and the interior plastic qualities

2) SX4: The random Maruti rattling noises and non availability of Diesel ( Diesel is only introduced now)

3) Verna: Good engine, but terribly fails on the looks department

4) Linea: T-Jet is an awesome car but, I am not satisfied with the quality of the interiors, and the A.S.S

VW is not the last word, but yeah it definitely is one of the best deals available in its class
Old 22nd February 2011, 17:25   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Good question!
I agree with you and evil (if you don't mind me calling you that, ) to a certain extent.

However, there isn't an optimum option available yet in this segment.

Same problems as evil with ANHC's GC.
I have interstate travel with capacity loads (people + luggage) and I have driven my cousin's 800 AC this way on longish drives and I have always had problems with our "India special" speed breakers when the car is full.
Scraping a 3-lakh Maruti (peace of mind ownership) does not bother you that much, but buying an 11-lakh car and then scraping these bumpers would be disappointing.

Not a single time goes by when I don't think of the T-Jet when questioned about my Vento booking, but the problem with FIAT India is, they never inspire confidence when you deal with them (for multiple reasons). A very confused lot this.
Plus there is a problem of the petrol prices going through the roof in future. This will happen, since Indian corporates (generally most corporates), once they get a chance, will go all out to exploit customers to extract maximum benefit.

The T-Jet, IMO, is a far better option than the remaining 2 listed by evil.

And, I don't get this: I have seen many people list "VW Badge" as a selection criteria. What "VW Badge"? It's a people car manufacturer and that too limited in the EuroZone for most part.

Sure, they have premium brands, but VW in itself is just a mass car manufacturer. As Asia catches-up to the so-called developed nations, we will definitely see Asian manufacturers offering the same "premium" cars as made by the "developed" manufacturers. In fact they already do, only the sales are not that much due to comparatively lower purchasing power in Asia.

And, arguably, Toyota has the reputation of making the most reliable cars, globally.

So, I'm definitely not buying for the "VW Badge", but because there is no other choice. In fact, the Vento has many ergonomic disasters which you have to forcefully ignore before making your decision.

Hope the new Fiesta and Verna change the game. We'll see VW offer a lot of "respect" to Indian consumers than the trashy way they are being treated at the moment (myself included).
anjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2011, 17:46   #69
BHPian

Guys, I know the issues with VW's non-existent customer service, but If you were to book a Vento in Bangalore, which dealer would you go to? I am planning to book a diesel highline.
battada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2011, 20:52   #70
BHPian

Finally got a call from Dealer today. The first one from his side!
Beginning the payment formalities tomorrow, the car is in the VW yard. Should be in shipment in a couple of days

Quote:
Originally Posted by battada View Post
Guys, I know the issues with VW's non-existent customer service, but If you were to book a Vento in Bangalore, which dealer would you go to? I am planning to book a diesel highline.
Please book through Volkswagen Palace cross. The sales guys there are polite and good, if not the best, atleast better than Elite motors. The issue with Elite motors as many people pointed out in this forum is that the sales guys leave their jobs pretty frequently, and in that case there is nobody to provide you with the updates
Old 23rd February 2011, 21:10   #71
BHPian

Chennai guy is promising me immediate delivery of AT.Reason ? We have got excess delivery of vehicles from VW.Same guy was promising one month few days back.Not able to digest.Am sure he wants to paste me the Demo car.Have asked for VIN of new lot car.what is the scene in other cities ? Any Bumper crop news elsewhere ?
manavdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2011, 13:10   #72
BHPian

Vento Shadow Blue Production started, VW Facebook Page says it. So you can expect the delivery soon. Just now I got a call from (Varun, CRM) VW Down Town, Blr for the compaint I raised in VW facebook. He also confirmed on the production, my car (Shadow Blue) will be delivered by end of March. He also claims that Elite Motors went for Staff Revamp and now has good staffs. It looks they are moving to new big place where Service & Sales happen together.
TopSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2011, 16:52   #73
Senior - BHPian

Thats good news, any updates on terra biege colour as well?
bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2011, 17:29   #74
BHPian

Seems like VW has produced about 50k Polo and Vento. Where are all these cars?

Source : Polo and Vento celebrated as Volkswagen India passes production milestone*|*Polo Driver
windsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2011, 18:21   #75
Senior - BHPian

That article mentions:

1. Total 50k cars were produced (that includes Fabia) in last 12 months
2. Jan 11 sales was 5.5k

based on that they should have shipped 50k cars in last 12 months.
NetfreakBombay is offline   Reply With Quote