Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 24th June 2011, 11:49   #256
BHPian

Default Re: Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details

If they can reduce the price of Beat Petrol by some 20-25k (by offering discounts) and price the Diesel variant around 4L, that would be great.
Old 24th June 2011, 12:02   #257
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
If they can reduce the price of Beat Petrol by some 20-25k (by offering discounts) and price the Diesel variant around 4L, that would be great.
Oh I wish that would be true! I am waiting to buy my first car and that would surely shift my attention from Nano/Second hand Zen/Wagon R to this chevy baby
Old 24th June 2011, 15:12   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Now this was an extremely informative post. A right perspective of sorts.
As I had read in some other post on this forum - the whole price calculation of whether to buy a diesel car and factor in your running kms & maintenance etc..
Well, not so informative afterall, Most of this information is picked from within this thread and rest of the discussions on the T-BHP. I just clubbed it together and applied my own business reasoning to it

Quote:
I love the Beat's RPM meter !

I wonder why - besides the Honda Civic - no-one else offers a Digital Speedometer ?
+1 to that. Even I find it very strange that CIVIC has been carrying this digital sppedometer for 5 years now and still no one except Beat has tried to emulate this feature. Glad at least one manufacturer has given it in small cars. I guess the reasoning would be to develop this kind of reliable speedo which might be costly and which can cost a lot of money and time. Till then enjoy the regular speedos.
anu21v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2011, 15:33   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu21v View Post
+1 to that. Even I find it very strange that CIVIC has been carrying this digital sppedometer for 5 years now and still no one except Beat has tried to emulate this feature. Glad at least one manufacturer has given it in small cars. I guess the reasoning would be to develop this kind of reliable speedo which might be costly and which can cost a lot of money and time. Till then enjoy the regular speedos.
Yes indeed, but I havent even seen it in high-end cars.
Though it does present itself as a nice fancy, value added gimmick of sorts.
It presents a WONDERFUL visual delight to the driver.

I guess people still like to see the Red needle Revup all the way - like they do red-lining the RPM meter.

Lets see, maybe someone out here maybe able to shed some more light on this.
Old 24th June 2011, 17:55   #260
BHPian

Most of the two wheelers have the digital speedo, so I don't think it will be very costly. If Beat can implement this with a cheaper price why can't other do that.

One feature I wish was the elimination of Right & Left rear view mirrors, replacing with some technology (Cameras/Optical to produce the rear image)to display them in the dash board.

Quote:
Well, not so informative afterall, Most of this information is picked from within this thread and rest of the discussions on the T-BHP. I just clubbed it together and applied my own business reasoning to it

Old 25th June 2011, 01:56   #261
BANNED

Had tele-conversation with Chevrolet SE yesterday & as per him this Beat Diesel will be launched in last week of July & deliveries will begin from Aug2011.

Quote:
I wonder why - besides the Honda Civic - no-one else offers a Digital Speedometer ?
Now this monoply is over-ruled by Renault Fluence, as it features a similar Digital Speedo-Analogue Tachometer configuration across all of its variants.
CRtorquefan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2011, 08:05   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
FYI, Beat has an analogue speedo and a digital tacho.
Old 25th June 2011, 15:20   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Had tele-conversation with Chevrolet SE yesterday & as per him this Beat Diesel will be launched in last week of July & deliveries will begin from Aug2011.

Now this monoply is over-ruled by Renault Fluence, as it features a similar Digital Speedo-Analogue Tachometer configuration across all of its variants.

Are you sure? Coz, when I enquired with Hosur - Thrive Motors (TN) & CBE - Anamalai's Agencies (TN) dealers, they said it will be launched by 1st week of july & TD vehicles are expected to reach by this month end along with the price list..
Old 26th June 2011, 00:04   #264
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

July launch, in time to spoil Liva's party! Anyways, I feel that the beat will not be a blockbuster in diesel. The car is just too cramped and feels very small from the outside too. Chevy should hurry and launch a new UVA with a diesel to take on the new swift and the Liva.
Old 26th June 2011, 08:56   #265
Senior - BHPian

I somehow feel that the Beat will not spoil the Etios Livas party as the market's perception of these two cars are different. The Etios aims to offend none with its styling (I feel its way too boring) and offers more space, so basically think Etios would appeal to a more mature audience. But the Beat is young, fresh and trendy, it even tries to mimic a two door car! But offers much lesser space. So would appeal more to college goers and young professionals
Old 27th June 2011, 01:59   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Most of the two wheelers have the digital speedo, so I don't think it will be very costly. If Beat can implement this with a cheaper price why can't other do that.
I think you are mistaken here. Beat or Civic's digital speedo/Tachos are definitely not cheaper option as compared to the current set of regular speedos on other cars. Looking at the execution these are definitely costlier options. Had it been any cheaper, with the herd mentality of savings costs, you would have seen a complete range of cars implementing this sort of designs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
One feature I wish was the elimination of Right & Left rear view mirrors, replacing with some technology (Cameras/Optical to produce the rear image)to display them in the dash board.
Yeah right, I would love to see those cameras used in driving and not just rear parkings as they usually do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
July launch, in time to spoil Liva's party! Anyways, I feel that the beat will not be a blockbuster in diesel. The car is just too cramped and feels very small from the outside too. Chevy should hurry and launch a new UVA with a diesel to take on the new swift and the Liva.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I somehow feel that the Beat will not spoil the Etios Livas party as the market's perception of these two cars are different. The Etios aims to offend none with its styling (I feel its way too boring) and offers more space, so basically think Etios would appeal to a more mature audience. But the Beat is young, fresh and trendy, it even tries to mimic a two door car! But offers much lesser space. So would appeal more to college goers and young professionals
Having Lived in noida/delhi area with my UVA for 2.5 years, Well Now I have started feeling there arn't enough space for driving 'broader' cars in metors anymore. Going forward IMO one would see narrower cars getting successful. Beat and i10 are two cars which are not really small width like Wagonr Alto Estilo spark or Santro, and nor too wide like i20 Punto swift UVA etc. (Just compared the width, it just bangs lies in middle of the widtth territory within all hatches)

For a crowded city like Delhi/Mumbai/Bangalore I think Beat and i10 are just the right width which is really practical and hence these cars should see more sales in future years, particularly with self driving customers. I dont see Liva getting launched with diesel anyway and thse two cars are definitely meant for different customers. I believe if someone can live with the width of 'liva' he should rather buy an ETIOS

Last edited by anu21v : 27th June 2011 at 02:04.
Old 27th June 2011, 13:30   #267
BHPian

As per ACI the ARAI rating for the beat is "just" 23.99 km/l. This is about 1km/l less than the Indica eV2. Maybe the real world figures would favour the beat but im sure people expected more given the low capacity and power

http://www.autocarindia.com/news/bea...ing-next-month
Old 27th June 2011, 20:10   #268

Smile I booked one.

Today I booked a Beat Diesel for 10,000 at Deedi motors Thiruvananthapuram. The man who came to take booking said the price of the top end LT will be with in the range of 5.2 L to 5.4L. He said I will get the vehicle before august 15th . He also said that there is no reductions of offers available. I asked for the corporate bonus. He said that is only 3000 rupees and said he is not sure its comes with this vehicle or not . Is that true? Can anybody suggest a financing for that car ?

Note from Support: Please go through the rules of the forum. Not more than 2 smilies are allowed per post.

Last edited by Eddy : 28th June 2011 at 08:21. Reason: Note Inline
Old 28th June 2011, 10:13   #269
BHPian

Spotted this Beat TCDI on FC Road. I guess it was being tested by Chevvy employees pretending to be a family/friends group out on shopping or maybe a sort of an outing etc. There were these female handbags on the tray behind the rear seat. I guess about 5 people were there in the car. Could make out that the car has an acceptable pick up as the driver was zipping ahead the moment signal went green. I followed the car till at least 3 signals before I took a left.

managed to click few pics and attaching 2 of them for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details. Update: Brochure on pg 22-photo0544.jpg  

Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details. Update: Brochure on pg 22-photo0545.jpg  

psbali is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2011, 10:23   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
Spotted this Beat TCDI on FC Road. I guess it was being tested by Chevvy employees pretending to be a family/friends group out o....
I don't think they are pretending to be a family. I have seen quite a few Beat D's testing around Pune and lot of them had families inside. GM must have given their senior engineers / executives test cars to use on a daily basis and report problems, if any.

I think Tata did this with the Aria.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 28th June 2011 at 10:26.
fiat_tarun is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread