Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2011, 10:34   #76
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Here comes another piece of news -

GM India is planning a Spark Diesel as well.

Fellow T-BHPians any clue if the same engine would be shared in the Beat and Spark Diesels?

Thanks.
What is the source of this news???
malaymaniar is offline  
Old 4th March 2011, 10:32   #77
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Noida, Gurgaon
Posts: 438
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhanshu View Post
Is it the NANO Diesel effect ? All smallest cars going for it.
I think they have an inside news of petrol reaching Rs.100/- per liter.

Eventually it will reach 100 but not very soon, may be in 3-5 years time. What would be interesting to see if Diesel prices have the same % gap from diesel as current or with deregulation and Govt subsidy going down, Diesel price will close all the gap.
anu21v is offline  
Old 22nd March 2011, 18:04   #78
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Vizag
Posts: 1,985
Thanked: 1,343 Times
Default Re: Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details

Any news on Beat D front? When will these bozos at GM wake up and take notice that MUL is not able to meet demand for diesel Swifts and Ritzes? Just think of the fantastic fuel economy a tiny 3-cylinder diesel engine can offer. I am sure it will return at least 25 kmpl in city and 30 kmpl on highway! And that too on diesel. Wow! Cheaper than walking! To hell with bhp, torque and pick-up. Nothing can beat this for inner-city travel where speeds in excess of 80 kmpl are rarity anyway. Now, if only the morons at GM wake up and get their act together. More than their product quality, Maruti's success is because of these bozos.
pgsagar is offline  
Old 25th March 2011, 11:51   #79
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 941
Thanked: 256 Times
Default Re: Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details

Guys,

No update on the Beat diesel launch, huh?

I'll be starting a query for a 'inexpensive' city runabout very soon. One of the contenders could have been this car, if only GM considered launching it on time. Can they still make it in the next month or so? Any feeders?
Abhi_Automobile is online now  
Old 25th March 2011, 14:33   #80
BHPian
 
Mr.Beat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 336
Thanked: 122 Times
Default Re: Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details

I had spoken to one of my cousin who is in the Supply chain department of GM in talegaon, he said that they have finished testing the car and will launch in June 2011
Mr.Beat is offline  
Old 18th April 2011, 18:29   #81
BHPian
 
shineshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Arkansas,US
Posts: 277
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details

From the Press info of GM, it seems that it starts delivering the torque in a really low 1250rpm. Since 70% of the torque is available in a low rpm, hope the driveablity will be good.

From the Press info.

"The new compact engine will also be the peak torque leader for its displacement in the Indian market (140 Nm @ 1,750 rpm) and low-end peak torque leader for its displacement worldwide at 100 Nm @ 1,250 rpm. "

Source: GM News - United States - News
shineshine is offline  
Old 18th April 2011, 23:32   #82
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Vizag
Posts: 1,985
Thanked: 1,343 Times
Default Re: Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details

Beat is one helluva looker. Add to that a frugal diesel with 20-25 kmpl in-city mileage and ,may be, who knows 30 kmpl on higway. Wow! Can you get any better deal than this? Now if priced competitvely, Beat will create havoc in market. What they said about Nano may actually happen in case of diesel Beat. Come June and GM showroom will be a crowded place.
pgsagar is offline  
Old 18th April 2011, 23:57   #83
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Mpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,432
Thanked: 1,682 Times
Default Re: Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details

I dont think its going to be overly fuel efficient just because of a small engine. 10% imp sounds more like it.

Last edited by Mpower : 19th April 2011 at 00:11.
Mpower is offline  
Old 18th April 2011, 23:59   #84
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,449
Thanked: 6,438 Times
Default Re: Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Any news on Beat D front? When will these bozos at GM wake up and take notice that MUL is not able to meet demand for diesel Swifts and Ritzes? Just think of the fantastic fuel economy a tiny 3-cylinder diesel engine can offer. I am sure it will return at least 25 kmpl in city and 30 kmpl on highway! And that too on diesel. Wow! Cheaper than walking! To hell with bhp, torque and pick-up. Nothing can beat this for inner-city travel where speeds in excess of 80 kmpl are rarity anyway. Now, if only the morons at GM wake up and get their act together. More than their product quality, Maruti's success is because of these bozos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Beat is one helluva looker. Add to that a frugal diesel with 20-25 kmpl in-city mileage and ,may be, who knows 30 kmpl on higway. Wow! Can you get any better deal than this? Now if priced competitvely, Beat will create havoc in market. What they said about Nano may actually happen in case of diesel Beat. Come June and GM showroom will be a crowded place.
How do we arrive at the FE figures of 25 in-city ? Are we assuming this just because its a 3 pot motor??? Polo is also a 3 pot motor and the FE is rated at 23 or so which is not even the city mileage! I guess for the VW Diesel, may be 17-18kmpl should be a realistic city mileage and 24-25 kmpl in highways in real world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineshine View Post
From the Press info of GM, it seems that it starts delivering the torque in a really low 1250rpm. Since 70% of the torque is available in a low rpm, hope the driveablity will be good.

From the Press info.

"The new compact engine will also be the peak torque leader for its displacement in the Indian market (140 Nm @ 1,750 rpm) and low-end peak torque leader for its displacement worldwide at 100 Nm @ 1,250 rpm. "

Source: GM News - United States - News
If this is right, then the driveablity should be really good considering the car idles around 900 rpm [as in case of swift] ! Just "tap" the accelerator and you have 100nm of torque at your disposal !!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 19th April 2011 at 00:03.
swiftnfurious is offline  
Old 19th April 2011, 15:45   #85
BHPian
 
uday.ere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 461
Thanked: 594 Times
Default Re: Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details

Beat Diesel parked in ITPL MLCP (GM has its R&D center here)....any news on when it would be launched? The TCDi badging was very crudely camouflaged.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details. Update: Brochure on pg 22-p01.jpg  


Last edited by uday.ere : 19th April 2011 at 15:51.
uday.ere is offline  
Old 20th April 2011, 11:16   #86
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,079
Thanked: 649 Times
Default Re: Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details

Man!! Bring it on ASAP i say. GM really needs this diesel now.
Nilesh5417 is online now  
Old 20th April 2011, 12:46   #87
333
BHPian
 
333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 125
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details

Wow, the beat is already very good value for money, this efficient diesel mill will work wonders for Chevy ! Hurray a highly economical hatch on the way for us! But i would still wait for an i10 diesel ;-)
333 is offline  
Old 20th April 2011, 13:50   #88
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 941
Thanked: 256 Times
Default Re: Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details

Quote:
Wow, the beat is already very good value for money, this efficient diesel mill will work wonders for Chevy ! Hurray a highly economical hatch on the way for us! But i would still wait for an i10 diesel ;-
Why will you wait for a car that will not come? They have no plans of launching it. All what you hear about it is noise
Abhi_Automobile is online now  
Old 20th April 2011, 13:54   #89
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Vizag
Posts: 1,985
Thanked: 1,343 Times
Default Re: Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
Wow, the beat is already very good value for money, this efficient diesel mill will work wonders for Chevy ! Hurray a highly economical hatch on the way for us! But i would still wait for an i10 diesel ;-)
Please don't get me wrong but why should you wait for D i10? Beat D will cost less and will look infinitely sexier/bigger than i10.
pgsagar is offline  
Old 20th April 2011, 15:29   #90
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 165
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Please don't get me wrong but why should you wait for D i10? Beat D will cost less and will look infinitely sexier/bigger than i10.
Beat is most definitely NOT infinitely bigger than i10. The rear space and boot is smaller than i10. Both legspace and width of Beat rear seat is worse than i10. I won't argue on the sexier tag as that is subjective.

Moving back to topic, i think diesel would help Beat sales to have some turn-around. However, I don't think it would alter the story completely. Beat is being shunned not only for lack of diesel, but for overall practicality of the car. Neither of wagon-r, i10 has a diesel, still sale is 4-5 times of Beat.
cuboid is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The First Affordable EV: Chevrolet Beat EV, details revealed Eminenttismo The International Automotive Scene 10 12th August 2013 09:13
Beat It...no, not the Michael Jackson way! (Chevrolet Beat) superutp Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 42 21st February 2013 12:06
New GM Chevrolet Beat- Scoop pics on Pg 6, 12,18 & 22 - Details on Pg 16 sidindica The Indian Car Scene 393 7th December 2009 17:23
New Tata Indigo Manza Details : Brochure on Page 36 EDIT : Now launched sidindica The Indian Car Scene 689 15th October 2009 16:37
Spied:2009 chevrolet optra J200 and chevrolet beat M300 (matiz) sidindica The Indian Car Scene 41 29th May 2009 08:55


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks