Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 4th March 2011, 15:22   #181
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai India, unreasonable long term maintenance and service practices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
That will be super helpful for me. Thanks Amit.
Jaggu - while I will be able to check my invoice and part number once I am home, in the meantime I called a Service Advisor in Capital Hyundai in Noida. I also happened to ask him about the CV joint boots of santro AT. He said they are available from Hyundai. I confirmed AT and OE Hyundai parts again and he said YES, available. Same for PS Oil seal.

I am at the loss of thoughts on who is right, HMIL or dealers. Could it be a Bangalore dealer's specific thing not to replace child parts and the local RO supporting them? Whatever the reason, buck stops at HMIL.
amit1234singla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 16:47   #182
Team-BHP Support

Even I have the same feeling. But I have tried level best to discuss this with relevant people from Hyundai. All I got was many no's! As a normal customer what do I do now?

As a 'not so normal' customers I have two alternate plans which I will be working on and hopefully I will be able to expose this blatant cheating. It will take some time due to my work commitments. But will be updating the forum as and when it happens.

FYI this thread is also shared with multiple people in Hyundai. Including customer care
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 17:44   #183
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai India, unreasonable long term maintenance and service practices!

My Previous car GEtz which i sold in dec'10 had the exhaust end can rusted and was giving a sporty growl. The replacement at Hyundai cost 6800/- + labour with only 6 months warranty. whereas my neighbourhood mechanic got the entire assembly with bend pipe for rs.2200 + 1 yr warranty , the same was the case with my front shocks aswell . Hyundai *** informed me to changes the entire set including Tierod / struts / shoxs on both sides costing 12300/- . the local garage guys replaced only both the shocks for 4000/- as other things where fine for atleast 15k kms .

My observation with *** guys in last 3 yrs with them is they want you to avail all sundry services at the Service center like alignment , balancing . the moment you say just only basic service their approach is hostile .

IMO these auto companies should display their part list with pricing or atleast should be available at *** incase someone would like to know the rates. At present we have to trust the SA's .
rm_arjuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 18:05   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think i need item no 949 - Seal Kit- Power Steering Gear - 5779002A00
Its a kit with all washers cost Rs.2921/-

Quote:
Item no 929 Seal Oil 5773502000 These are from Wildons list. Anyways got some lead as to what i should be searching for.
Oil seal cost Rs.602/-
Both are not available.

But there is one alternate kit available for purchase Part No: 5779005A00 which cost Rs.2656/- but i don't know whether it will suit your car or not.
wildon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 20:42   #185
BHPian

Quote:

FYI this thread is also shared with multiple people in Hyundai. Including customer care
That would hardly make a difference to them. Because as per some of them, team-bhp is a complaint forum. One bhpian even mentioned in my thread that he was asked not to visit the site for the same reason. People who are all praise for Hyundai are "good" customers for Hyundai, and people who provide any negative feedback to them are "bad" customers. They will not tolerate any negative feedback or act against it. Such is their arrogance, which sounds more like foolishness.

The RO will always be hand in hand with the dealerships and will always back the workshop no matter how hard you try to convince them of the workshop's sub-standard service or incompetence. The workshop(Om Hyundai, Junagadh) is as per their standards, "competent". I have seen this shameful and disgusting behaviour from the Hyundai RO in Ahmedabad. Inspite of all the proofs against the workshop, they simply refused to act against their workshop's incompetence. We had no option left but to go to court overt the entire issue, even now Hyundai is sleeping!!!!!
skanchan95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2011, 12:35   #186
BHPian

everybody reading this thread, I have an idea, though far-fletched, might compel HMIL to take action.

HMIL thinls the steering rattle is case of isloated complaints from a few customers here and there, for that matter any complaint given regarding the vehicle is treated like an isolated complaint. Let us all get together and put a collective e-mail to HMIL top beasses, JD Power, major car magazines in India and across the world with a cc to all car manucaturers in India. Let us highlight how HMIL has been in different in handling problems we have been facing, with references from the e-mail exchanges with the company. Each person who has faced problems with procuring spares shall mention his VIN/Chassiss number/dealer name/any exchanges with the RO/present state of the problem. Similarly with steering rattle how this had started, how many times the vehicle has visited the workshop, VIN/Chassiss number/dealer name/ exchanges, responses with the RO. Citations shoul inclde how Hyundai is advocating the replace vs repair philosophy.

Atleast this way we can prove to HMIl that the problems with Hyundai cars are not isolated cases. And if the moderators approve, can we use the team-bhp domain for this e-mail? This is only my opinion and idea, i invite other members views for the same
saurabhkanchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2011, 12:53   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkanchan View Post
Let us all get together and put a collective e-mail to HMIL top beasses,
A similar system is being followed by some people at Palio Users Group, except that they are pursuing the matter only with top Bosses at Fiat, and not the media. The interesting thing is that Fiat is showing a willingness to replace all defective clutch kits under extended warranty (they have replaced mine).

If the company most maligned for its A.S.S. (OK, second most, after Skoda, ) can do it, why can't Hyundai?

Now I understand why "Drive Home a Relationship" is now "New Thinking, New Possibilities".

Off-Topic, but I have never understood just why no automobile company in India has a comprehensive focus on Customer-Retention. Is it because there are so many people out there buying cars that they will always find a new customer?
architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2011, 13:12   #188
BHPian

the reason i suggested involving the media is to build pressure on HMIL and also to expose to the world how Hyundai is blatantly cheating and taking customers for a ride. Majority of Hyundai customers have faced a problem with the company,and even after reporting the problems, HMIL is sitting on it. Let the world know how Hyundai is giving a step-motherly treatment to Indian customers. We as customers have invested money in a defective product and instead of solving the problem, HMIL has decided to show its back on the customer.

<p>architect, you have rightly pointed out that no car company ever focusses on customer retention, because they lose one they wil find another bakra. The focus of brand building revolves around the idea of customer retention. Fiat had attained market leadership with the Fiat premier padmini, it was a status symbol in its day, but the company never bothered about customer relations and back then selling cars was relatively easier with no competition.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>today Hyundai is doing the same, and that too in this touh competetive age where word-of-mouth pubicity had gained much more precedence. Bad news apreads like wildfire. Not far when Hyundai will be reduced to just another company ,that takes customers for a ride</p>

Last edited by Eddy : 6th March 2011 at 10:45. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 5th March 2011, 15:06   #189
Distinguished - BHPian

I am sure the manufacturers are keeping an eye on this forum. They may not accept it publicly.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2011, 22:58   #190
Team-BHP Support

Brand building is something, customer retention something else. In a boom Market like ours, retention will not matter now but a smart manufacturer would plan for this eventualiy for future proofing. Hyundai right now is trying to reposition aka do an image makeover, but seem to forget the basics.

Today I got a free service clinic invite, do they seriously think I would?
Old 6th March 2011, 08:33   #191
BHPian

basics did you say jaggu? today they spell the word as "new thinking, new possibilities". AFAIK, no hyundai customer posting on this thread would even attend a free service camp.

That reminds me, during one of these "free service" camps, the service advisor suggested we change the oil filter on the vehicle and wait here comes the big one. Our vehicle had just come to a halt and he checked the engine oil and said "oil level kam hai"(Oil level is low) This after the fact that the vehicle had just been serviced barely a week ago. He suggested Sir, "oil change karna padega"(have to change oil). To which i casually asked him, if the oil level is low there has to be a leakage, but we havent noticed any at all when the car is parked. I asked him the reason for the depleting oil level, he looked at me as if i had asked him about the big bang thoery!!!

Last edited by saurabhkanchan : 6th March 2011 at 08:35.
Old 6th March 2011, 17:21   #192
BHPian

Quote:
That will be super helpful for me. Thanks Amit.
The PS oil seal part # is 5779005A30. Price (as of 18/04/10) - INR 736.18+tax. We got it replaced at DPG Hyundai in Patiala. Labor was charged Rs.422.

Hope this helps.
amit1234singla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2011, 22:53   #193
Team-BHP Support

Thank you so much Amit. It really is helpful! I will update once i fix this issue
Old 6th March 2011, 23:11   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Brand building is something, customer retention something else. In a boom Market like ours, retention will not matter now but a smart manufacturer would plan for this eventualiy for future proofing. Hyundai right now is trying to reposition aka do an image makeover, but seem to forget the basics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I am sure the manufacturers are keeping an eye on this forum. They may not accept it publicly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkanchan View Post
the reason i suggested involving the media is to build pressure on HMIL and also to expose to the world how Hyundai is blatantly cheating and taking customers for a ride. Majority of Hyundai customers have faced a problem with the company,and even after reporting the problems, HMIL is sitting on it. Let the world know how Hyundai is giving a step-motherly treatment to Indian customers. We as customers have invested money in a defective product and instead of solving the problem, HMIL has decided to show its back on the customer.

<p>architect, you have rightly pointed out that no car company ever focusses on customer retention, because they lose one they wil find another bakra. The focus of brand building revolves around the idea of customer retention. Fiat had attained market leadership with the Fiat premier padmini, it was a status symbol in its day, but the company never bothered about customer relations and back then selling cars was relatively easier with no competition.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>today Hyundai is doing the same, and that too in this touh competetive age where word-of-mouth pubicity had gained much more precedence. Bad news apreads like wildfire. Not far when Hyundai will be reduced to just another company ,that takes customers for a ride</p>
And these fellows, I mean the top HMIL officials have labour problems that surfaces once or twice every year when the workers call for a strike and so on and the top management says that they have export commitments to fulfil.
The last time they gave call for a strike was in early August 2010.
What I mean that if the customers are dissatisfied with the goings on at the company service centres and there is labour trouble at their manufacturing facility, the company faces attacks from two fronts which may lead to its doom.
Other than the i10, no other HMIL product at present reports very good sales figures.The i20 faces competition from many in its niche. The Verna has not been able to replace the aura created by the Accent, sales wise.
So HMIL may better watch out.
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2011, 09:01   #195
BHPian

Quote:

Very well said. They aren't looking at repeat customers as the market is booming and new customers can make do for the time being. They will have a major disaster at hand once the market saturates, which I expect to happen in the next 3-4 yrs. What happens after that has to be seriously looked at.

Good that you didn't go for the free clinic. Thats a major eyewash, and a clinic where they go for a lots of replacements to make money. What diff would a 10% discount make in the grand scheme of replacement money. I'm yet to see people satisfied after the free clinic.
krish3 is offline   Reply With Quote