Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 29th May 2012, 20:25   #271
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai India, unreasonable long term maintenance and service practices!

Does anyone in Bangalore know of a non-dealer who can do a good job of regular servicing and minor fizes on Hyundai Getz CRDi? Thinking of options to avoid this looting from Hyundai.
krish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2012, 14:49   #272
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai India, unreasonable long term maintenance and service practices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Does anyone in Bangalore know of a non-dealer who can do a good job of regular servicing and minor fizes on Hyundai Getz CRDi? Thinking of options to avoid this looting from Hyundai.

After I upgraded to Accent from Spark, I have tried 3 service centers,

1. At 27k, Castrol pit stop in Total mall on Sarjapur Road,
Service person Abdul, things done cleaning of exhaust system, injectors, intake manifold, air/oil filter change, spark plug upgrade to NGK, engine bay cleaning and wash, total cost was Rs.3300/-, time 4 hours

2. At 35k, RAAM cool cars on Bannerghatta road - General service, Oil change, AC cleaning, Top up of all liquids, Wheel rotation and alignment, Fixing minor electrical issues, engine bay cleaning and wash, total cost Rs.3500/-, time left the vehicle morning collected same day evening.

3. At 40k, Nandhu motors on Bannerghatta road - General service, Top up of all fluids, Fixing minor electrical and AC issues, engine bay cleaning and wash, total cost Rs.2000/-, time left the vehicle morning collected same day evening.

From my above 3 experiences I would rate Abdul highly, know him from 2 years now, he can fix any problems at a reasonable cost, also found the person at Nandhu motors to be reliable. My experience at RAAM though in terms of work done was good, he spoiled lot of my electricals.

When I approached Trident for the 35k service, they told that a quick service is not possible at this run and a complete check has to be done and I need to leave the vehicle at their place for a day. My brother in law was ripped off by Rs.6.5 k for clutch related issue at Trident for no fault of his for his i20. Better to stay away from the HASS
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2012, 15:02   #273
BHPian

Thanks for the details. I certainly have no plans to do any more regular servicing at HASS, since my warranty period is anyway over.

Only for major work will I visit the HASS again, coz then I would prefer company trained personnels to touch the internals.
krish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2012, 19:41   #274
Senior - BHPian

Few months ago when I was at the counter to pay my bill I saw a bill of a customer of santro lying . I was shocked to see a bill of 8k on a car run just 20k .some of the USELESS items I can recollect are

1. Engine decarbonizing , biggest con
2. Windshield fluid 100
3. Windshield water 80
4. Engine bay cleaning
5. Engine flushing 300
6. Engine oil additive 300

I am sure it was an unsuspecting customer who was taken for a royal ride
sagarpadaki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2012, 02:07   #275
BHPian

Yes Hyundai is looting. Recently my i10 went for a body repair on account of self damage with Advaith, Bannerghatta rd, Bangalore. Just the front bumper panel+left wheel arch tinkering and painting+left headlight costed me 12.5k and i could claim to the extent of 9.5k from insurance guys. What is really shocking is the headlight which is priced at 3.5 k.
rki2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2012, 08:12   #276
BHPian

Maruti also not that cheap. My swifts left side mirror got a small scratch on ti. I called pratam motors ORR. Price for entire unit was 4.5K(not sure it is for both pieces. Only the cover costs 1000RS. Painting is 600 + Taxes. When i was there for 1st service one guy was getting the quote for painting back side bumper+portion between door and bumper and door. Total cost was 6000rs.
devil_klm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2012, 08:45   #277
BHPian

5-6k is min for a paid service for my 11 yr old Santro (run 72K kms). No matter what, i end up with min 5k. The car barely runs 2.5k every 6 months!!
My 4.5 yr old NHC costs less to maintain!!

No more hyundai for me, for sure.
Equus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2012, 08:56   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
After I upgraded to Accent from Spark, I have tried 3 service centers,

1. At 27k, Castrol pit stop in Total mall on Sarjapur Road,
Service person Abdul, things done cleaning of exhaust system, injectors, intake manifold, air/oil filter change, spark plug upgrade to NGK, engine bay cleaning and wash, total cost was Rs.3300/-, time 4 hours

My Getz Petrol 1.3 is out of warranty and I need to find an external service center as Hyundai is expensive, bad service and interested in selling unnecessary items. Can you give directions to the above place or share Abdul's number?
PatienceWins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2012, 20:23   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
5-6k is min for a paid service for my 11 yr old Santro (run 72K kms). No matter what, i end up with min 5k. The car barely runs 2.5k every 6 months!!
My 4.5 yr old NHC costs less to maintain!!

No more hyundai for me, for sure.
Hi,

Me too went for a service of my Getz CRdi last month and found that the water pump had gone bad. Had to wait for 3 days for the same as the pump was not available in the service center and had to be got from the main stores.

What is schoking is the list of labour charges levied by the HASS. They had charged abour INR 950 towards the service charges and I believe that this charge is only for washing and general inspection charges. Any specific job calls for additional service charges like AC filter costs Rs.350, Brake system cleaning is Rs.200 and even tail lamp chaning is charged at Rs.150 and so on. The so called service advisors have fully become sales men with a stiff sales targets in terms of service sales.

The regular servicing with the pump change costed me about Rs.12750. For that matter every service would cost me not less than Rs.7500 which is very expensive for a hatch back. Many of my colleagues dont spend more than Rs.5k for their toyotas.

Having been a strong user of Hyundai, its now bye bye from my side for thier products. I know it does not make any difference to them, but Hyundai has lost a customer in me.

Now looking forward to Duster or Cruze as my next upgrade.
mjkaushal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2012, 09:39   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkaushal View Post
Hi,

Me too went for a service of my Getz CRdi last month and found that the water pump had gone bad.
=============
Now looking forward to Duster or Cruze as my next upgrade.

Even i have a Getz CRDI @44000 km and the minimum service bill works out to not less than Rs. 7500/- every time. Hyundai really seems to be looting customers and the service bills for their hatchbacks are exceeding the service bills for sedans offered by competitors.
Amit_GetzCRDI09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2012, 15:13   #281
BHPian

I recently got a feedback call from Hyundai applogising about the poor service they had provided. They asked me to get the car over during the next service and they will make amends.

I asked then what about the last 2 times when i was given bad service and charged huge amount and delays. To this they said they would get back to me... to which i am still waiting.

One thing is decided i am not going to buy a Hyundai as my next change car
EasyR1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2012, 15:26   #282
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Am glad to have found this thread since I share similar experiences with HASS. I recently sold my seven year Santro for this very reason. The past services (50k, 60k, 70k and 80k kms) averaged around 5-6.5k each!!

When I gave my Santro for a small tinkering job, they changed the headlamp bulbs even though they were not fused. This clearly proves that they are out to fleece customers!
gpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012, 02:04   #283
BHPian

I gave my i10 for its fourth (paid) service today (June 18). My i10 had completed 21,100 kms and I categorically told the service advisor that I did NOT want any unnecessary additives during the service and I did not want tyre rotation/balancing/alignment as I plan to do it elsewhere. Since I wanted my car by 4 pm, I also asked the advisor not to get my car washed.

The car was serviced by 4 pm and my service costs were as follow:

Consumables (plus tax):

* Engine oil
* Consumables
* Filter assembly-engine oil
Grease caliper-guide rod

Total: 1182.00

Labour costs (plus service tax):

* HI Scan
* Brake cleaning
* Fuel injector cleaning
* Periodic maintenance service

Total: 1367.00

GRAND TOTAL: Rs 2550.00

Going through the posts on this thread, I think that this service cost was quite reasonable, in light of the reported enhanced rates of Hyundai service If I recall well, my Alto used to cost me a similar amount during its services.

The score on the feedback card, as mentioned elsewhere, is very unusual and I fail to figure out the rationale of this scoring system. A score of 0-8 is poor, 9 is good and 10 is excellent. Hyundai may as well have put 0-9 as poor and 10 as excellent.

The car felt good to drive after the service, may be it's a psychological factor.
misquitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012, 09:04   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
I gave my i10 for its fourth (paid) service today (June 18).

GRAND TOTAL: Rs 2550.00

Going through the posts on this thread, I think that this service cost was quite reasonable, in light of the reported enhanced rates of Hyundai service If I recall well, my Alto used to cost me a similar amount during its services.
Very good. But I wonder how, only you get exceptional FE, superb service and extra low service charges - all combined! - from a Hyundai!
romeomidhun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012, 09:13   #285
Senior - BHPian

My service experience from Hyundai is a mixed bag.

They are definitely more professional than Honda/Maruti/Fiat whom I have experienced before, and usually almost always gives the car on or before the promised time. The service itself is of very good quality and they follow-up religiously.

However, Service costs are another matter - I am not pleased that my i10 costs as much or more (these days its more) to service compared to my ANHC.
SkyWalker is offline   Reply With Quote