Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 22nd February 2011, 18:13   #91
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai India, unreasonable long term maintenance and service practices!

The Awards and reviews are always bought , again I know that cause I work in an Industry of similar nature. This is quite rampant. Most of my esteemed members / friends of the forum for that reason do not read some magazines.
manishalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 22:42   #92
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai India, unreasonable long term maintenance and service practices!

Romeomidhun, you have pretty much summed it all up. These days, cars in any segment are so closely and evenly matched that selecting or suggesting one over the others is a Herculean task. Yet, our media friends rant out "go buy i10/i20/Verna" without batting an eyelid. Wow! They always have that gun loaded and ready to fire.

Fuel economy is not the only issue with i10s. Two guys I know in Vizag got fed up with dash board and suspension rattles in 3 month old i10s. And they got even more fed up with the H.A.S.S.

Digressing here, if media has been very generous to Hyundai, they have been very unfair and cruel to Tata. No matter how good a Tata car is, it gets ridicule. Tata cars are reduced to joker of the automotive pack. May be Tatas haven't smartened up yet and picked up the ways of the world. I mean greasing palms.

As for me, I am neither a fan of Tata nor a Hyundai hater. I own a car from certain lazy Rip Van Winkle stable, a Lancer. Am I a fan of Mitsu? No Siree! Why should I be? Mitsu hasn't given me this car for free. It is very good, solidly built and extrmely reliable. But I won't say it the best thing on the planet, like some people do about their cars.
pgsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2011, 12:01   #93
Team-BHP Support

So now what should i send a reminder email to Hyundai Customer Care or just let it be and move on with repair?
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2011, 12:11   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
So now what should i send a reminder email to Hyundai Customer Care or just let it be and move on with repair?
I would suggest you send a reminder mail, wait for 2-3 days, and then get on with the repairs, since we know the reply wouldnt come. Even if it did come, it would be highly neutral and offer no reasonable solution.
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2011, 12:18   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Jaggu, I don't think you will get a satisfactory answer from them even if you send a reminder to them. It will be a waste of time to wait for their reply.
rameshnanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2011, 14:52   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Jaggu, I don't think you will get a satisfactory answer from them even if you send a reminder to them. It will be a waste of time to wait for their reply.
Surprisingly No, they replied back in an hour and have asked me to wait for 3 working days so that they can discuss with dealer and provide me suitable solution. If i don't hear from them, i can call the regional office and they have shared the number.

Some hope?
Old 23rd February 2011, 23:38   #97
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai customer care executive called and asked for status after 2 hours of the email reply. I explained how the issue is not resolved and tried to explain the issue in detail. He listened and assured that he will get back to me, mostly a reply call from a technical expert who will first try to discuss and offer a solution through the dealership itself.

For what it is worth am pretty happy with the response from Hyundai customer care, and hope we arrive at a resolution soon. I understand they are atleast following a process, which is very essential while dealing with such a huge customer base.

Now let us wait for the technical response
Old 24th February 2011, 10:03   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Hyundai customer care executive called and asked for status after 2 hours of the email reply. I explained how the issue is not resolved and tried to explain the issue in detail. He listened and assured that he will get back to me, mostly a reply call from a technical expert who will first try to discuss and offer a solution through the dealership itself.

For what it is worth am pretty happy with the response from Hyundai customer care, and hope we arrive at a resolution soon.
jaggu, this all an eye-wash and we've had our share of this non-sense from HMIL. Hyundai is only trying to mislead you into believing they are working for you. The fact is it will get you no-where, in the end Hyundai will leave hanging you dry. And if you persist, you will be termed a "jhik jhik wala aadmi" which roughly translates to mad customer.

But there is hope for you. Since you are based in Bangalore, fearing the word of mouth publicity in bigger cities HMIL will come out with a contigency plan. But trust me it will only be a temporary solution. No employee of HMIL is technically sound/qualified enough to reply to your problem.
saurabhkanchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 10:13   #99
Senior - BHPian

Jaggu, thanks for starting this thread, it is a real eye opener for me! have always been hearing about how great Hyundai service is, now I realize they are far worse than the two Manufacturers I'm presently with.

Now I'm having second thoughts about even test driving the new Verna after its launched - if this is what their service is all about, no way would I willingly get into a situation where I'd be taken for a royal ride each time I visit the workshop!
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 11:04   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If i don't hear from them, i can call the regional office and they have shared the number.
Now the lady from HMIL, Chennai will call you in a day or two and will say she will put you in to the respective department and bla.. bla.. bla..

We all gone through this and still going through this,its all an eye wash.

The end result will be , Sir, Please contact your dealer.

They can't provide you a solution

Oh.. Forgot to tell you about the Technical Guy as he was the one who said, The Glove box lamp cannot be fitted in your i20 as the connection for the same is not available in your car.

Rest what happened after one year - everyone knows it.

Last edited by wildon : 24th February 2011 at 11:10.
wildon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 12:48   #101
Team-BHP Support

I really hope all of the above is NOT the actual truth. Meanwhile i have received another call from dealer customer care executive, asking for feedback and i repeated the whole story When she offered to put me to the SA, i informed that he is already aware and even spoke to me regarding the same.
Old 24th February 2011, 13:14   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkanchan View Post
No employee of HMIL is technically sound/qualified enough to reply to your problem.
Why such a statement? I am surprised to hear this, any reason for the same? I have to be a bit more cautious with my Santro (Manual) now!

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 14:48   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I really hope all of the above is NOT the actual truth. Meanwhile i have received another call from dealer customer care executive, asking for feedback and i repeated the whole story When she offered to put me to the SA, i informed that he is already aware and even spoke to me regarding the same.
Me too wish its not all true and you get a favorable solution from the H.A.S.S

But the way you are receiving calls from different people for the same explanation again and again is suspicious. Taking the round-robin route to inform you to contact the dealer.

Anyways, all the best in your fight and I will be closely watching this thread for progress
abhinav.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2011, 09:01   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Why such a statement? I am surprised to hear this, any reason for the same? I have to be a bit more cautious with my Santro (Manual) now!

Spike
Well, all i can tell you is Welcome to the world of Hyundai!!!

Not only Santro, if you decide to buy any Hyundai even in future you have to be careful while leaving it at the hands of the A.S.S. Steering rattle is an issue that HMIL(or even Hyundai Global for that matter) does not have an answer for. All HMIL dealerships are run by people who have absolutely no passion for cars, they are in only for the money. The Works Managers in the A.S.S dont even know what steering rattle is(the WM in Junagadh spells rattle as rankle), has absolutely no idea how the various parameters in the car are checked, and i am not sure if he has ever heard of torque spanner in his entire life time.

HMIL is very famous for deceiving people. You approach the Regional office with a problem, they will "appear" to work for you, but the fact is they will sit on the problem hoping it will go away-the Ostrich syndrome. The Ostrich ducks its head into the sand in case of a storm hoping the storm will not affect if the Ostrich does not see it..ditto HMIL. Even the HMIL engineers, in the capacity of A.Ms and R.Ms have no idea what they are talking about. They only talk big, and talk only of unrealistic thing(such as "we will bring down all the equipment to your residence in case of any problem").If you presist with the problem, you will be labelled a mad man by the Regional Office.

Service, according to these A.S.S, tel-paani badalna ane washing kari aapsu(changing oil-water and washing). Any car owner can check and tell the engine oil level is low, but the reason has to be diagnosed by these so called A.S.S, which they are groslly incapable(I am not sure if the RMs and AMs can reason this part also). On a scale of 1 to 10, i would rate Hyundai a negative 100, I had given an average point of 3 to the Om Hyundai dealership at the J.D.Power Asia survey. Infact I had even asked fi i can give a negative marking on the survey.

If you talk Cars with any HMIL employee or A.S.S, it will be the most complicated language they have ever heard. And to think they are running the second largest car manufacturing company in India!!!!

No doubt Hyundai makes some of the best cars, but it is these Regional Offices, A.S.Ss and the engineers at HMIL who bring shame to the company. If you haven't faced this yet, you are lucky, but sooner than later the HMIL syndrome will catch you too.

Last edited by saurabhkanchan : 25th February 2011 at 09:03.
saurabhkanchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2011, 09:34   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

All complaints are referred to the dealer. So do not expect any help.I once complained about problems with the rear suspension o my Accent. Got a call from the dealership. The problem was fixed. So mailed a note of thanks. Again got a call from the dealer as to what was the problem. In other words they may not even pass on your complaint.

I complained to Honda about misrepresentation by the sales staff of the corporate office, clearly stating that the dealer had been helpful and supporting. That too was referred to the dealer, who replied back that he confirms what was stated, and it is a matter pertaining to Honda corporate.

So the complaints get sent to the dealer only.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote