Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 12th May 2011, 09:58   #91
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: BS-IV Tata Indica to topple Nano as the FE champion? EDIT : Brochure on Pg. 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I have also seen that we dont have official GTO style review for many cars like Santro, Dzire etc. I agree that these are old cars, but still in production and are doing extremely well.
There are SO MANY ownership reviews on Team-BHP, of cars like the Santro, Dzire etc.! These collectively give a lot more value, insight & information on the car than a single review of mine ever will. Remember, my new car reviews are most important at the time of launch. However, as time passes, it is the long-term ownership reviews that offer a complete picture of the car (including data on reliability, problems, service etc.).
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2011, 10:56   #92
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: BS-IV Tata Indica to topple Nano as the FE champion? EDIT : Brochure on Pg. 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
There are SO MANY ownership reviews on Team-BHP, of cars like the Santro, Dzire etc.! These collectively give a lot more value, insight & information on the car than a single review of mine ever will. Remember, my new car reviews are most important at the time of launch. However, as time passes, it is the long-term ownership reviews that offer a complete picture of the car (including data on reliability, problems, service etc.).
@GTO:

Very true. But still for a normal person it is very difficult to collect all the reports from various people and get a proper verdict. Also many people when buy a certain vehicle, keep praising it a lot. Due to that many issues or small things didn't come out. I don't want to comment on any individuals but it happens. Same happened with me as well after purchasing DZire . But i know its not the best but its one of most practical cars available in market at cheaper price with great A$$. And i always say that.

When third party like you reviews any car, its a unbiased review. It give whole insight of the car at one go. It makes customer like us easy to choose vehicles.

Like the case i said above, Indica is old car i agree but model we talking is new. It has lots of changes. I guess its 3rd or 4th round of changes in the car. So its not a bad idea to review the same. Same case with cars like Santro and some other cars. Model is old but technology they are using is new, some new changes are done. I hope you are getting my point & will not disappoint me
aniketi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 09:40   #93
BHPian

Default 45.8kmpl !! on Tata Indica eV2

Today, I saw an Ad on Navhind Times (Goa's Local Newspaper). They have declared Mileage Marathon results. The Highest Mileage achieved is 45.8kmpl!!

Source: Navhind Times (Goa) Dated May 19, 2011.
Attached Thumbnails
BS-IV Tata Indica to topple Nano as the FE champion? EDIT : Brochure on Pg. 3-tata_indica.jpg  

Gurudatta Nayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 10:39   #94
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: 45.8kmpl !! on Tata Indica eV2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
Today, I saw an Ad on Navhind Times (Goa's Local Newspaper). They have declared Mileage Marathon results. The Highest Mileage achieved is 45.8kmpl!!

Source: Navhind Times (Goa) Dated May 19, 2011.

I also saw same ad here in Pune in Sakal news paper. Its really amazing that people are getting some extraordinary mileage. I know for sure that Tata cars are always champion in FE. (Diesel only not Petrol )
In ideal conditions like on highway, i am sure it will deliver average of 30 +. Kudos to Tata
Old 19th May 2011, 11:19   #95
Senior - BHPian

45.8 KMPL! Whoa! Superb achievement. That's more than most of the 150cc bikes.

Just wondering what would Nano Diesel's marathon numbers would be; 60KMPL?!
safari_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2011, 12:11   #96
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
45.8 KMPL!
Just wondering what would Nano Diesel's marathon numbers would be; 60KMPL?!
Nope this new Indica is supposed to be more fuel effecient than the Nano as well
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2011, 00:05   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Nope this new Indica is supposed to be more fuel effecient than the Nano as well
Nano Diesel will blow everyones pants off when it is released. A reliable source informs me that they are aiming at running cost less than 75 paise per KM (almost achieved). Cannot divulge more at this time. I have asked him for some more details, will update as time passes.
torquecurve is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2011, 09:22   #98
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Yep torquecurve you are right I got confused between the petrol and diesel engines.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2011, 13:28   #99
BHPian

My friend operates Taxi Fleet in Bangluru and chennai. He has all type of cars in his fleet. Mileage champion is Indica eCS. He said these cars give 20-22 KMPL with AC in Cities.
sushantr5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2011, 15:06   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
My friend operates Taxi Fleet in Bangluru and chennai. He has all type of cars in his fleet. Mileage champion is Indica eCS. He said these cars give 20-22 KMPL with AC in Cities.
Wow ... Thats a great news ! If CS can give this much mileage, then i am sure Indica will go few more kms. I am sure it will give anything around 24-25 in city. Thats really great achievement by Tata. I wish Tata would have done something for fit & finish as well.
Old 7th June 2011, 17:52   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Wow ... Thats a great news ! If CS can give this much mileage, then i am sure Indica will go few more kms. I am sure it will give anything around 24-25 in city. Thats really great achievement by Tata. I wish Tata would have done something for fit & finish as well.
In fact all these cars are new cars and have not completed 5000 Kilometers. Still they are giving this much mileage and my friend is expecting the mileage will climb more after run in.

He was reluctant to buy Indica's for his fleet service. He has majority of swift and desires in his fleet. He says Indica has higher maintenance cost and this mileage advantage actually results in very low running cost and eventually it cancels extra maintenance cost.
sushantr5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2011, 17:40   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
He was reluctant to buy Indica's for his fleet service. He has majority of swift and desires in his fleet. He says Indica has higher maintenance cost and this mileage advantage actually results in very low running cost and eventually it cancels extra maintenance cost.
Not sure about the maintenance cost of Swifts & Dezires, but I have not spent more than Rs 0.74/km on maintenance of my Indica (recently completed 1 lakh kms). Other than the regular oil change service, have done three major repairs.

Alternator overhauling @ 40K kms - Rs 2057.00
Fuel Tank replacement @ 87K kms - Rs 5474.75
Starter overhaul @ 90K kms - Rs 3275.00

Just in case if you are interested in knowing how the maintenance costs have panned out over the period of last 7 years (1 lakh kms), below if the graphical representation.

Name:  Maintenance Expenses Trend.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  43.4 KB
AutoIndian is offline   Reply With Quote