Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 21st April 2011, 23:32   #196
BHPian

Default Re: Ford Fiesta Classic Spotted. EDIT : Now launched!

Looking at the fiesta classic, the interior quality and accessory level of the earlier TDCi SXI are far better.

Would it be good to get one of the last available ones?

Price wise on road Bangalore:
Fiesta Classic CLXI : 846773
Fiesta Classic LXI : 797485

Fieta SXI : 1014543 (free insurance 0f 22k)

Thanks for your advise.
optimist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2011, 00:00   #197
Senior - BHPian

On road prices here in Delhi:
Fiesta Classic 1.4 Lxi: 7,38,255
Fiesta Classic 1.4 CLxi: 7,83,309

Fiesta Classic 1.6 Lxi: 6,09,689
Fiesta Classic 1.6 CLxi: 6,63,101
ashutoshb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2011, 14:06   #198
Senior - BHPian

Question Re: Ford Fiesta Classic Spotted. EDIT : Now launched!

Does the 1.6 petrol CLXI come with auto climate controls?

Also, from the snaps on the internet, the rear seat space seems less on the new Fiesta sedan. The current Fiesta [now classic] seems to have more space [I've sat in one] and that rear space is acceptable, if not class leading.

Is the new Fiesta's rear seat space as much as the existing ones' or lesser than that?
k_ajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2011, 14:52   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post

Also, from the snaps on the internet, the rear seat space seems less on the new Fiesta sedan. The current Fiesta [now classic] seems to have more space [I've sat in one] and that rear space is acceptable, if not class leading.

Is the new Fiesta's rear seat space as much as the existing ones' or lesser than that?
It is actually supposedly more spacious than the Fiesta Classic's cabin. But it seems smaller because of the darker color of plastics inside the cabin and also darker upholstery fabric I suppose.
333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2011, 15:33   #200
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
CLXi does not come with auto climate control. Fiesta Classic has not got Auto Climate control in any of the variants.
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2011, 23:40   #201
BHPian

Just booked the Fiesta Classix LXI (base model Petrol). The on-road price in Pune is approx 6.40. Overall I think it's still a good deal for first time sedan buyers like me. 5.60 ex-showroom for a 1.6 engine with a boot is neat.
The overall fit & finish is very nice, except for the glove compartment area, it feels flimsy & doesn't look good at first glance. The rest is fine, you get a/c, hydraulic power steering, power windows, central locking, & the sweet 1.6 engine, which by the way is pretty frugal.
mb_jg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2011, 00:10   #202
rmk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
Just booked the Fiesta Classix LXI (base model Petrol). The on-road price in Pune is approx 6.40. Overall I think it's still a good deal for first time sedan buyers like me. 5.60 ex-showroom for a 1.6 engine with a boot is neat.
The overall fit & finish is very nice, except for the glove compartment area, it feels flimsy & doesn't look good at first glance. The rest is fine, you get a/c, hydraulic power steering, power windows, central locking, & the sweet 1.6 engine, which by the way is pretty frugal.

Did you go through the website? The LXi variant is not getting those liquid metal finish (the metallic vents surrounding the ac blower) and metallic inserts in the steering wheel..

The dashboard will loose its appeal... When is ur delivery date? Waiting for your initial ownership report.Im also interested in the fiesta classic. Guide me bro... Post some pics of the car, interior and exterior as soon as you take delivery..
rmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2011, 18:51   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmk View Post
Did you go through the website? The LXi variant is not getting those liquid metal finish (the metallic vents surrounding the ac blower) and metallic inserts in the steering wheel..

The dashboard will loose its appeal... When is ur delivery date? Waiting for your initial ownership report.Im also interested in the fiesta classic. Guide me bro... Post some pics of the car, interior and exterior as soon as you take delivery..
I am pretty satisfied with the LXI version, the car will be primarily used in the city by my wife & for our highway trips.
To me, all these gizmo's really do not matter. I don't need acc, steering controls, wood\metallic finish, bluetooth, etc etc. When am driving the only thing that interests me is how the car is behaving. The feedback from the steering column is the most important.
I should get delivery by this month end, will put up pics for sure.
mb_jg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2011, 21:55   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
I don't need acc, steering controls, wood\metallic finish, bluetooth, etc etc. When am driving the only thing that interests me is how the car is behaving. The feedback from the steering column is the most important.
A rare and a true blue petrol-head you are sir! And good choice. Being an enthusiastic petrol-head, your choices should almost always be with Ford, at least till you make enough money to get yourself a BMW
aravind.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2011, 19:54   #205
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Hello BHPians,
I am planning to buy a car in the range of 7Lac OR and I have shortlisted Ford Fiesta Classic, Grande Punto 1.4, i20 1.4 Automatic and Skoda Fabia. Being a passionate driver, driving pleasure and responsive engine is my biggest critera followed by features and resale at last. I currently own an SX4 and Swift.
I researched a lot of threads on these cars and my heart goes for Fiesta but still confused whether Skoda Fabia should be opted for since its going to be discontinued however, it has an amazing build quality and attractive offers. How is Fiesta classic's quality & resale ? Is there any other car which I should look at ?
Appreciate your feedback in helping me decide on my new ride.

- Nishan
Cooltronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2011, 23:52   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
I have shortlisted Ford Fiesta Classic, Grande Punto 1.4, i20 1.4 Automatic and Skoda Fabia. Being a passionate driver, driving pleasure and responsive engine is my biggest critera followed by features and resale at last.
Since you love driving, I don't think any other cars listed here will satisfy to the extent a Fiesta can. With a Fabia, you could expect heavy maintenance bills too comparatively and not to mention the horror stories of Skoda A$$. How about a Polo 1.6? Not sure of the prices, but sure will be a great machine to drive. But as I said, the service bills should be hefty.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 00:01   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
Hello BHPians,
I am planning to buy a car in the range of 7Lac OR and I have shortlisted Ford Fiesta Classic, Grande Punto 1.4, i20 1.4 Automatic and Skoda Fabia. Being a passionate driver, driving pleasure and responsive engine is my biggest critera followed by features and resale at last. I currently own an SX4 and Swift.
I researched a lot of threads on these cars and my heart goes for Fiesta but still confused whether Skoda Fabia should be opted for since its going to be discontinued however, it has an amazing build quality and attractive offers. How is Fiesta classic's quality & resale ? Is there any other car which I should look at ?
Appreciate your feedback in helping me decide on my new ride.

- Nishan
Looks like we are in the same boat. I am looking to get a Fiesta Classic for my wife. an ABS is sorely missed in CLxi though. Are there any discounts currently for 1.4 CLxi?
vinu99@gmail.co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 00:09   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu99@gmail.co View Post
Looks like we are in the same boat. I am looking to get a Fiesta Classic for my wife. an ABS is sorely missed in CLxi though. Are there any discounts currently for 1.4 CLxi?
Since both of you are from Bangy, if both of you decide to go for Fiesta, please try and haggle for discounts together too. You have a higher chance to get more discounts when there are more number of sales in the kitty.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 00:15   #209
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Since you love driving, I don't think any other cars listed here will satisfy to the extent a Fiesta can. With a Fabia, you could expect heavy maintenance bills too comparatively and not to mention the horror stories of Skoda A$$. How about a Polo 1.6? Not sure of the prices, but sure will be a great machine to drive. But as I said, the service bills should be hefty.
Polo is a gem of a car but completely unfit for a person of my height (6'2"). My left foot gets struck between the steering and protruded center console
I heard Vento is also from the same assembly line and hence I never took its test drive.
Cooltronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 00:24   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Since both of you are from Bangy, if both of you decide to go for Fiesta, please try and haggle for discounts together too. You have a higher chance to get more discounts when there are more number of sales in the kitty.
Sounds good. However, I have still not decided on it. If New Fiesta basic petrol would fall close to 7 lacs ex-showroom, I might go for it. I have been waiting right from January for the launch. Hopefully, this should see some light by this monthend. If Ford demands premium pricing on New Fiesta, that should put an end to my 6 months long wait and get the Fiesta Classic! Past few months, every evening I spent atleast 2 hours on Tbhp contemplating the 2011 releases and this wait is killing me
vinu99@gmail.co is offline   Reply With Quote