Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2011, 10:23   #211
BHPian
 
krish3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cochin/Bangalore
Posts: 608
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta Classic Spotted. EDIT : Now launched!

From the reviews online, I feel you'll be better off with buying the Classic Petrol as its got a very reponsive engine, looks better (IMO), and is pretty cheap now.
krish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 10:58   #212
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 207
Thanked: 24 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta Classic Spotted. EDIT : Now launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
Hello BHPians,
I am planning to buy a car in the range of 7Lac OR and I have shortlisted Ford Fiesta Classic, Grande Punto 1.4, i20 1.4 Automatic and Skoda Fabia. Being a passionate driver, driving pleasure and responsive engine is my biggest critera followed by features and resale at last. I currently own an SX4 and Swift.
I researched a lot of threads on these cars and my heart goes for Fiesta but still confused whether Skoda Fabia should be opted for since its going to be discontinued however, it has an amazing build quality and attractive offers. How is Fiesta classic's quality & resale ? Is there any other car which I should look at ?
Appreciate your feedback in helping me decide on my new ride.

- Nishan
The i20 auto is out of your budget, last i checked it was 9 lakhs+ OTR. And anyway if driving pleasure and responsive engine is what you are looking for, no other car comes close to the Fiesta Classic. Go ahead with it, you will not be disappointed! The Punto 1.4 engine is quite anemic, dosent feel like it makes 90 hp. The Fabia 1.6 is not a bad car as such, but its not too much going for it either. Plus the heavy maintenance costs as well. And i think it costs more than the Fiesta Classic as well.
radiokidb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 11:35   #213
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,686
Thanked: 3,842 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta Classic Spotted. EDIT : Now launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
Hello BHPians,
I am planning to buy a car in the range of 7Lac OR and I have shortlisted Ford Fiesta Classic, Grande Punto 1.4, i20 1.4 Automatic and Skoda Fabia. Being a passionate driver, driving pleasure and responsive engine is my biggest critera followed by features and resale at last. I currently own an SX4 and Swift.
I researched a lot of threads on these cars and my heart goes for Fiesta but still confused whether Skoda Fabia should be opted for since its going to be discontinued however, it has an amazing build quality and attractive offers. How is Fiesta classic's quality & resale ? Is there any other car which I should look at ?
Appreciate your feedback in helping me decide on my new ride.

- Nishan
Fiesta classic, no doubt is a good car, but if you need something modern, I will suggest the Fabia 1.6. There are some good ownership reviews of Fabia in the forum. At this point, I can see only these two options which fit into your criteria. Not sure if there will be an engine upgrade for the Figo. If so, that’s something worth considering as well.

Edit: If you intend to get quite a few feedbacks from the fellow bhpians before deciding, I suggest you to start a new thread on this.

Last edited by vb-san : 12th June 2011 at 11:38. Reason: Additional note included
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 20:49   #214
BHPian
 
Cooltronics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 241
Thanked: 246 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Default Re: Ford Fiesta Classic Spotted. EDIT : Now launched!

Hello All,
How much discount should we ask for Fiesta Classic SXi ?
Lxi and cLxi model's rates have been slashed but SXi still has the same rate of 7.64L ex show room. I saw some previous threads and found people getting a discount of around 75k to 1 Lac. is it possible for Sxi? What should be the ideal rate for Sxi?

Regards,
Nishan
Cooltronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 09:25   #215
Senior - BHPian
 
pramodpk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,011
Thanked: 463 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta Classic Spotted. EDIT : Now launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
Hello All,
How much discount should we ask for Fiesta Classic SXi ?
Lxi and cLxi model's rates have been slashed but SXi still has the same rate of 7.64L ex show room. I saw some previous threads and found people getting a discount of around 75k to 1 Lac. is it possible for Sxi? What should be the ideal rate for Sxi?

Regards,
Nishan
I bought a Fiesta SXI petrol in Sep 2010. I got a discount of 64 K and the ex showroom price was Rs 6.79 Lakh after the discount.
pramodpk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 22:57   #216
BHPian
 
raj_srini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Delhi
Posts: 145
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta Classic Spotted. EDIT : Now launched!

the price for the new SXI versions are not with the dealers yet in Delhi. They are also not giving me a firm date for its' release. By the looks of it, the SXI trim is atleast 45 to 60 days away.
raj_srini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 23:02   #217
Senior - BHPian
 
aravind.anand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,376
Thanked: 1,791 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta Classic Spotted. EDIT : Now launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_srini View Post
the price for the new SXI versions are not with the dealers yet in Delhi. They are also not giving me a firm date for its' release. By the looks of it, the SXI trim is atleast 45 to 60 days away.
I thought the Classic was launched with the SXi model too So asof now, SXi model isn't available is it? Is Ford trying to chop it off in a bid to not cannibalize the New Fiesta's sales? Please throw some light on this please
aravind.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 23:04   #218
BHPian
 
raj_srini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Delhi
Posts: 145
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta Classic Spotted. EDIT : Now launched!

Looks like Ford and their dealers are squabbling over the price of SXI. The published price in the Ford website clearly does not make sense.
raj_srini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 23:33   #219
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,447
Thanked: 6,422 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta Classic Spotted. EDIT : Now launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_srini View Post
the price for the new SXI versions are not with the dealers yet in Delhi. They are also not giving me a firm date for its' release. By the looks of it, the SXI trim is atleast 45 to 60 days away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_srini View Post
Looks like Ford and their dealers are squabbling over the price of SXI. The published price in the Ford website clearly does not make sense.
What ! The price revision for the old Fiesta was done at least a month back ! And they still don't have the revised prices or are they not even taking orders for that model ! What is FORD up to?!!
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 23:37   #220
BHPian
 
raj_srini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Delhi
Posts: 145
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta Classic Spotted. EDIT : Now launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
What ! The price revision for the old Fiesta was done at least a month back ! And they still don't have the revised prices or are they not even taking orders for that model ! What is FORD up to?!!
+1 to that. Not sure what they are up to. Harpreet Ford in Delhi is not taking any orders for SXI. He however told me that he would intimate me when they have more news.
raj_srini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2011, 01:03   #221
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 525
Thanked: 207 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta Classic Spotted. EDIT : Now launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_srini View Post
Not sure what they are up to. Harpreet Ford in Delhi is not taking any orders for SXI. He however told me that he would intimate me when they have more news.
As told by SE of my nearest Ford dealership, Ford is planning to phase out the SXi variant of current Fiesta Classic after the arrival of New Fiesta as the latter's pricing will clash with it.
IMHO, New Fiesta's base variant will compensate for it, considering the features it'll be having like Airbags, ABS in addition to de rigeur features like AC, Tilt Steering, etc.
CRtorquefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2011, 07:39   #222
BHPian
 
raj_srini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Delhi
Posts: 145
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta Classic Spotted. EDIT : Now launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
As told by SE of my nearest Ford dealership, Ford is planning to phase out the SXi variant of current Fiesta Classic after the arrival of New Fiesta as the latter's pricing will clash with it.
IMHO, New Fiesta's base variant will compensate for it, considering the features it'll be having like Airbags, ABS in addition to de rigeur features like AC, Tilt Steering, etc.
Phase out? They need to launch it first to phase it out. Is Ford listening?
raj_srini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 18:19   #223
BHPian
 
raj_srini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Delhi
Posts: 145
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta Classic Spotted. EDIT : Now launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
From the reviews online, I feel you'll be better off with buying the Classic Petrol as its got a very reponsive engine, looks better (IMO), and is pretty cheap now.
Thanks Krish, I'm inclined to go with the Fiesta Classic 1.6 Petrol SXI whenever it becomes available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Fiesta classic, no doubt is a good car, but if you need something modern, I will suggest the Fabia 1.6. There are some good ownership reviews of Fabia in the forum. At this point, I can see only these two options which fit into your criteria. Not sure if there will be an engine upgrade for the Figo. If so, that’s something worth considering as well.

Edit: If you intend to get quite a few feedbacks from the fellow bhpians before deciding, I suggest you to start a new thread on this.
Hatch does not work for me. It needs to be a sedan.

Update - Spoke to Delhi Ford today again. They do not have any update on the SXI pricing or availability yet. I have told them to contact me once they have more details.

Last edited by raj_srini : 30th June 2011 at 18:29.
raj_srini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 20:41   #224
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,686
Thanked: 3,842 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta Classic Spotted. EDIT : Now launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_srini View Post
Hatch does not work for me. It needs to be a sedan.
Sorry Raj, but I thought my response was for a question from Cooltronics . In that three out of the four options mentioned were hatchbacks (see below)
Quote:
I am planning to buy a car in the range of 7Lac OR and I have shortlisted Ford Fiesta Classic, Grande Punto 1.4, i20 1.4 Automatic and Skoda Fabia.
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2011, 00:50   #225
BHPian
 
Nimz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 468
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta Classic Spotted. EDIT : Now launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_srini View Post
Thanks Krish, I'm inclined to go with the Fiesta Classic 1.6 Petrol SXI whenever it becomes available.
Hi Raj_Srini did you finally end up getting the Classic 1.6 Sxi? Are the dealers offering any discounts on it?

I am also considering the same but the dealer is offering me the Non-classic Sxi (apparently a 2011 make).

Not sure whether to go for it.. Can anyone please tell me what are the differences between a Classic Sxi and a non-Classic Sxi apart from the leather seats (which is in the non-classic) and the dash (which apparently is from the Figo for the Classic)?

Has the gear shift been changed? I understand the engines are the same 1.6 L Duratec ones and am assuming the suspension is the same as well..Is the non-classic Sxi a better buy over the classic Sxi? Thanks a bunch.
Nimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 188 21st June 2014 14:34
SCOOP PIC - Euro spec Ford Fiesta spotted testing! EDIT: New pics on pg 15 AbdulRahmanM The Indian Car Scene 334 15th February 2011 01:47
Please help me decide: Fiesta S or Fiesta ZXi? EDIT: Booked Fiesta S! Pics on pg5. frankmehta Sedans 108 18th August 2009 13:43
2008 Ford Fiesta Facelift. EDIT: Now launched karanraheja The Indian Car Scene 425 13th October 2008 14:55


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks