Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 16th July 2012, 17:25   #241
BANNED

Default Re: Ford Fiesta Classic Spotted. EDIT : Now launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
I read @IAB that Ford Classic has ARAI rated fuel efficiency of 32.38kpl. That is really shocking.

Link: Ford Classic Titanium with 32.38kpl ARAI rated FE launched
It is not ARAI certified mileage but Autocar cross country drive mileage. Even this figure of 32-33 Kmpl is advertised from last 3-4 yrs
drsnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 18:13   #242
BHPian

Ford launches Classic model's top-end variant Titanium

It has been a busy month for Ford India. After the launch of the rebranded Ford Fiesta Classic as the cheaper Ford Classic last week, the American car manufacturer has launched the Classic’s top-end variant, the Titanium in the burgeoning entry-level sedan segment.

The sedan will be available in both petrol and diesel variants priced at Rs 6.86 lakh and Rs 7.82 lakh respectively (ex-showroom Delhi). It will come with features like Bluetooth stereo system, speed sensing volume controls, drive-away locks and new alloy wheel design etc.

There will not be any major changes under the hood. The petrol variant is equipped with the 1.6 L Duratec petrol engine while the diesel variant will have the 1.4 L TDCi Duratorq diesel engine.

The vehicle comes covered with Ford Classic’s comprehensive 2 year / 100,000 km warranty.

Ford will be hoping that the Classic Titanium adds to its sales in the C1 segment that has been dominated by Swift Dzire, Etios and the up and coming Sunny.

The rebranding of this model over the past year has reflected Ford's desire to provide options with minimal price changes. Last April, after the launch of the next gen Fiesta, the earlier batches of Fiesta were rebranded Ford Fiesta Classic. Last week the ‘Fiesta’ badging was completely dropped and the car was launched as just Ford Classic. The Classic sedan shares many components with the Figo hatch and hence is cheaper across its variants.

Name:  fiesta classic.jpg
Views: 8368
Size:  25.8 KB

Last edited by GTO : 17th July 2012 at 11:54. Reason: It's not ARAI, and thus removing the FE figures
DukeNukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 18:15   #243
BHPian

Nope its not the ARAI FE. Its still the same. That figure is from some mileage run done a couple of years ago I guess. A couple of people have mentioned that in the comments as well on the post @IAB. Its a mistake on IAB's part.

New features as per IAB are bluetooth, auto locks on drive away and a new alloy wheel design. Its around 70k cheaper I guess now. A source in Ford says production will stop in a couple of months. Could be to clear final stocks.

This is the only model after Figo giving Ford some sales in the Indian market. Wonder what will happen once it is phased out. Have to wait and watch.

Cheers,
K

OT: My 200th post. YAY!

Last edited by kaush666 : 16th July 2012 at 18:18.
kaush666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 19:16   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666 View Post
A source in Ford says production will stop in a couple of months. Could be to clear final stocks.
Is this true? Have heard such stories before but this model still lives.
If its really going to be phased out, does it make sense to buy it now at the new price?
yash.giri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 21:06   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford clarifies on the misleading fuel economy figures. Says figures are not ARAI certified as per the press release, but from a mileage run conducted independently!

Ford India clarifies,says Ford Classic mileage not from ARAI
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 21:29   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
I read @IAB that Ford Classic has ARAI rated fuel efficiency of 32.38kpl. That is really shocking.

Link: Ford Classic Titanium with 32.38kpl ARAI rated FE launched

Hey hey hey I bought a new fiesta classic in march 2012 and here is my personal experience with the mileage :-

1) highways at speeds of 100+ - 17.5 kmpl.
2) Bumper to bumper traffic in Blr (i cover 14kms in 1.25 hrs) - 12.5 kmpl.
3) Lesser traffic but not freeways - 15-16 kmpl.

I have heard that Fiesta Classic gives 20+, but then I am 100% sure you have to drive on a super free highway and speed of 70-80kmph.

Now the same routes I will tell my previous Swift Diesels mileage on 195 tyres:-
1) highways at speeds of 100+ - 16.5 kmpl (admit its due to excessive turbo).
2) Bumper to bumper traffic in Blr (i cover 14kms in 1.25 hrs) - 14.5 kmpl.
3) Lesser traffic but not freeways - 18 kmpl.
4) Best mileage ever on a free highway - 23kmpl

Last edited by sam_sant2005 : 16th July 2012 at 21:31.
sam_sant2005 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 09:09   #247
Team-BHP Support

Pricing items on today's newspapers

The Hindu : Business News : Ford cuts prices of Classic variant
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 09:43   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Ford clarifies on the misleading fuel economy figures. Says figures are not ARAI certified as per the press release, but from a mileage run conducted independently!

Ford India clarifies,says Ford Classic mileage not from ARAI

I saw today morning TOI-Delhi advert and must say its a pathetic effort from Ford india to try to mislead consumers by quoting misleading figures of 32.38** and ** says Autocar results.

At the same time there are no official ARAI figures mentioned in the advertisement.

Isn't it an brazen attempt to flout of the official ARAI regulation on Mileage? I would be seriously happy if someone like Maruti and Tata take them to court for their misadventure which will give less lessons to other manufacturers as well.
anu21v is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 11:44   #249
BHPian

People who bought the Fiesta classic in the past months must be cursing Ford for devaluing their vehicles. The "new" classic has more bells and whistles and is said to be about 70k cheaper.
Deep Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 11:56   #250
GTO
Team-BHP Support

When the standard for print ads & press releases is ARAI - across ALL manufacturers - I'm surprised that Ford chose to quote ACI figures (which are obviously higher). Totally uncool and a firm thumbs down to this marketing gimmick.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 12:01   #251
BHPian

Just saw the ad and found it to be a desperate attempt by Ford India to clear their stocks by gravely misleading consumers:

1. A figure of 32+ should not have been printed. It is not official figure and hence will make customer not only sceptic about their product but also mislead customer with regards to other manufacturers who are displaying ARAI figures. While I agree that even ARAI figures are not accurate but these 'independent' runs just cloud over everything.

2. First in class bluetooth and iPod connectivity - Another blunder. almost every car manufacturer today provides bluetooth. Even price concious Indigo eCS come with bluetooth feature and many cars also offer iPod connectivity along with it. This is certainly not 'First-in-class' unless Ford has once again used creativity freedom to create a 'class' of its own with only one vehicle.

EPIC FAIL and a global brand of Ford's repute could have done better without such gimmicks.
akhilesh51 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 12:12   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
Hey hey hey I bought a new fiesta classic in march 2012 and here is my personal experience with the mileage :-

1) highways at speeds of 100+ - 17.5 kmpl.
2) Bumper to bumper traffic in Blr (i cover 14kms in 1.25 hrs) - 12.5 kmpl.
3) Lesser traffic but not freeways - 15-16 kmpl.

I have heard that Fiesta Classic gives 20+, but then I am 100% sure you have to drive on a super free highway and speed of 70-80kmph.
Yes. This is a very realistic picture. I took my pre-classic FIESTA (perhaps last unit available with the dealer then) in July 2011. It has given me an average of 13.5 kms consistently within the city (I cover 11 kms in 25 minutes), and an average of 19 kms in highways (two-lane, not four-lane highways) at a speed of 80-100 kms. I am yet to calculate it on four-lane highways. The dealer tells me that I should be getting better average.

Classic Titanium: What is new in it other than bluetooth and insignia? I think it has lost the body-side moulding, chrome tail-gate handle, chrome grill and chrome ORVM scalps. Perhaps also the soft-feel IP, from the outgoing Classic SXi which had lost only the leather interior. But for a person who looks for the basic safety devices such as Airbags and ABS, driveability, alloy wheels and handsfree bluetooth system, the Titanium should make a fantastic offer for approx 8.5 lakhs. Alloy wheels, bluetooth and airbags were things that its much sold variant (ZXI) did not have earlier, and it used to cost around 8.7 lakhs when it was about to be phased out.

And of course, there is the problem of devaluing it, if its production is going to be stopped. My vehicle still holds another three-years' warranty which covers now around 137500 whopping kms!

Vipin.

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 17th July 2012 at 12:31.
Vipin Kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 19:52   #253

And yes,i think even for the petrol Ford has been advertising 21 kmpl as official milieage for the past few years.
One of my pals,who is a petrol head,recently got Fiesta. He cribs about its mileage. Its giving him probably around 8 kmpl in city driving conditions. Thats pretty shocking to say the least.
Ub3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2012, 08:48   #254
BHPian

^^^
I have fiesta SXI petrol, Max mileage in city is 8.5kmpl with 195/65/R14 tires (Yokohama A drive). The highway mileage is 15~16kmpl if speed is 110+, 16~17kmpl if speed is 80~90kmph. Mileage may be better in stock MRF ZV2K 175/70/R14 tires, but not much! I have two other friends with one old SXI (2004), one ZXI (2010). Both get around 9~ 9.5kmpl in City with Stock tires. So anyone go with ford inflated figures are fooled big time! But this is what most of the manufacture do!

Last edited by RaguHolla : 18th July 2012 at 08:53.
RaguHolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2012, 08:57   #255
Senior - BHPian

Fiesta D is one of the most Fuel Efficient Sedans in India. That being said, its very sad that Ford uses a cheap gimmick on claiming 31, and worse, 21 kmpl for the petrol car. It can totally mislead the casual buyers and give them a lot of heartburn if they calculate their running costs on the advertised mileage.

Isn't it a rule to publish only ARAI certified mileage?
SkyWalker is offline   Reply With Quote