Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 25th June 2013, 14:07   #316
BHPian

Default Re: Ford Fiesta Classic Spotted. EDIT : Now launched!

In my Fiesta (classic) TDCI, the water-in-fuel warning lamp is blinking quite frequently and I feel a problem in acceleration while it blinks (or more correctly, it blinks when I feel this problem). I have taken it to the workshop, and after a day of trial runs and road tests, the technician told me that the vehicle's engine went off many times when he drove. Another mechanic cleaned its fuel filter, and I took the vehicle out of the workshop. But after a kilometer drive, I began to see the same warning lamp blinking. Took the vehicle back to the workshop immediately. They are right now looking into it again.

What can I do further if it persists? It affects driving and I think the engine too. Can any one illuminate on this?

Vipin.
Vipin Kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2013, 12:24   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
In my Fiesta (classic) TDCI, the water-in-fuel warning lamp is blinking quite frequently and I feel a problem in acceleration while it blinks (or more correctly, it blinks when I feel this problem). I have taken it to the workshop, and after a day of trial runs and road tests, the technician told me that the vehicle's engine went off many times when he drove. Another mechanic cleaned its fuel filter, and I took the vehicle out of the workshop. But after a kilometer drive, I began to see the same warning lamp blinking. Took the vehicle back to the workshop immediately. They are right now looking into it again.

What can I do further if it persists? It affects driving and I think the engine too. Can any one illuminate on this?

Vipin.
Try fixing this problem by completely flushing the entire fuel line including the fuel tank. If problem persists, the problem may be with with the electronic system.
byomjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2013, 12:29   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by byomjeet View Post
Try fixing this problem by completely flushing the entire fuel line including the fuel tank. If problem persists, the problem may be with with the electronic system.
Thanks for the input. During the first day they kept the vehicle in the workshop, they could not diagnose the problem though they told me that they had repaired it. But it persisted. I took it back to them.

Next day they could fix it. They adjusted the relay cable, the problem is gone! But there are some changes in the vehicle getting a push ahead at certain RPM points, and there seems to be no problem with that. The points of pulling ahead can be felt more accurately.

So you are right: it was a problem with the electronic system.

Vipin.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2013, 18:01   #319
Distinguished - BHPian

The Ford website claims an astonishing FE of 32.38KMPL out of its Ford Fiesta Classic.http://www.india.ford.com/cars/fiesta-classic/models

How much the owners are getting in real word scenario?
saket77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2013, 19:13   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
The Ford website claims an astonishing FE of 32.38KMPL out of its Ford Fiesta Classic.http://www.india.ford.com/cars/fiesta-classic/models

We have a Fiesta diesel (classic 2007 make) in the family and it is really fuel efficient. My father manages to get 17-18 in the city. (not Bangalore)
But it has had its own set of expensive repairs, that's another matter.
penpavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2013, 19:54   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
20.45 kmpl in a recent trip, with AC in a typical 2 lane highway. Without AC and in 'economy' mode of driving, i have got upto 24.

In urban roads, 14.5 to 16, depending on AC.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2013, 10:33   #322
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
We have a Fiesta diesel (classic 2007 make) in the family and it is really fuel efficient. My father manages to get 17-18 in the city. (not Bangalore)
But it has had its own set of expensive repairs, that's another matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
20.45 kmpl in a recent trip, with AC in a typical 2 lane highway. Without AC and in 'economy' mode of driving, i have got upto 24.

In urban roads, 14.5 to 16, depending on AC.
Yes, that is efficient but very much in line with what most other oil burners offer. And being a US candidate, I expect the maintenance and repair bills to be higher than the Japs, but still lower than the Germans I guess.

Thanks,
Saket
saket77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2013, 11:26   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And being a US candidate, I expect the maintenance and repair bills to be higher than the Japs, but still lower than the Germans I guess.
Indian Ford is very much European in it's genes(except the Ford Endeavour), Maintenance and repair never in the range of German cars, though.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3094088 (Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review)

Vs.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3019215 (Ford Fiesta Classic Spotted. EDIT : Now launched!)

Last edited by ramzsys : 14th August 2013 at 11:45.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2013, 23:40   #324
BHPian

We have a classic Ford Fiesta 1.4 SXi which we bought last year. She is an absolute delight to drive and has adequate performance. We have embarked on a trip covering South India with her. She hasn't disappointed us anywhere and her highway manners has left my emthusiastic Dad satisfied that we invested in this car.

All of us were quite impressed with the composure she maintained over rough sections. Save for one major gripe - the underbody scrapes on every speed bump which are a touch bigger than your average ones. I understand that with a full load of 4 adults+baggage, it is gonna have an effect on the GC. But things weren't too different with just 2 of us on board. Moreover, our second car i.e. Indigo XL rarely scraped with the same kinda load.

Now, the company manual recommends tyre pressures of 30psi & 36psi for the front & rear resp. unladden while it is 36psi & 41psi for full load. Is it safe to have such high pressures as the tyre pressure limit is rated at 45psi? Why is she bottoming out in spite of having a higher GC and being tightly sprung than the Indigo?

Edit: Currently, I've kept the pressures at 33psi and 35psi.
kdp95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 01:12   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdp95 View Post
Now, the company manual recommends tyre pressures of 30psi & 36psi for the front & rear resp. unladden while it is 36psi & 41psi for full load. Is it safe to have such high pressures as the tyre pressure limit is rated at 45psi? Why is she bottoming out in spite of having a higher GC and being tightly sprung than the Indigo?

Keep the tyre pressure as recommended by the manual. Sedan need higher tyre pressure at the rear given the boot load. Also Fiesta has slightly softer springs as well maybe slightly harder than Indigo. So if a car bottom out nothing much to worry out unless its in the front.

I too drive Fiesta 1.4 and it sometimes bottoms out under load.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 06:56   #326
BHPian

Quote:
We have a classic Ford Fiesta 1.4 SXi which we bought last year. She is an absolute delight to drive and has adequate performance. We have embarked on a trip covering South India with her. She hasn't disappointed us anywhere and her highway manners has left my emthusiastic Dad satisfied that we invested in this car.

All of us were quite impressed with the composure she maintained over rough sections. Save for one major gripe - the underbody scrapes on every speed bump which are a touch bigger than your average ones. I understand that with a full load of 4 adults+baggage, it is gonna have an effect on the GC. But things weren't too different with just 2 of us on board. Moreover, our second car i.e. Indigo XL rarely scraped with the same kinda load.

These are the same pressure numbers as the figo. There is a detailed discussion on that thread sometime back on the same topics. Use 36/41 for fully laden and you should be fine. I drive 36 around for the last 40k kmsand have no issues. It is a comprise for folks who alternate between empty to a full car on a regular basis. Upgrade to 185s in your next tyre change cycleand that will help as well.
rohing is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 07:06   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Keep the tyre pressure as recommended by the manual. Sedan need higher tyre pressure at the rear given the boot load. Also Fiesta has slightly softer springs as well maybe slightly harder than Indigo. So if a car bottom out nothing much to worry out unless its in the front.

I too drive Fiesta 1.4 and it sometimes bottoms out under load.
Thank you el lobo. However, I'm a bit skeptical about keeping the recommended tyre pressures because of the fear that they might heat up under constant running and veer dangerously close towards the maximum tyre pressure limit.

Also, the car scraped several times in the front especially on the right side. This problem was persistent even when we had the tyre pressures checked and corrected to the ones I mentioned in my previous post.
I do believe that the Fiesta's suspension is harder than most sedans out there.
kdp95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 07:50   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you el lobo. However, I'm a bit skeptical about keeping the recommended tyre pressures because of the fear that they might heat up under constant running and veer dangerously close towards the maximum tyre pressure limit.

Also, the car scraped several times in the front especially on the right side. This problem was persistent even when we had the tyre pressures checked and corrected to the ones I mentioned in my previous post.
I do believe that the Fiesta's suspension is harder than most sedans out there.
I run 32 all around, but mine is a petrol. I haven't faced any issue with that.
The recommended does seem a bit high. The ride ,as it is,is a bit hard, I can only imagine what it would be like with 35 and upward.
And you're right. The fiesta is at up harder than anything in it's class. But that's one of the reasons it handles so brilliantly.
mayankk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 08:53   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
The fiesta is at up harder than anything in it's class. But that's one of the reasons it handles so brilliantly.
After driving an Ikon, the Fiesta feels soft, and not so good in handling curves.
ramzsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 09:07   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post

After driving an Ikon, the Fiesta feels soft, and not so good in handling curves.

How does that help the OP and his query?
mayankk is online now   Reply With Quote