Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 24th August 2013, 19:35   #331
BHPian

Default Re: Ford Fiesta Classic Spotted. EDIT : Now launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
These are the same pressure numbers as the figo. There is a detailed discussion on that thread sometime back on the same topics. Use 36/41 for fully laden and you should be fine. I drive 36 around for the last 40k kmsand have no issues. It is a comprise for folks who alternate between empty to a full car on a regular basis. Upgrade to 185s in your next tyre change cycleand that will help as well.
Thanks. Did you ever try 41 at the rear? How was the ride? Our Fiesta is rarely fully laden but of late she's been fulfilling the duties of the Indigo. We have such concerns only because we have seen considerably laden Swifts & other soft-sprung sedans pass over big bumps & potholes without any problems while she fails.

I'll definitely consider your advice during the next tyre change cycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post

I run 32 all around, but mine is a petrol. I haven't faced any issue with that.
The recommended does seem a bit high. The ride ,as it is,is a bit hard, I can only imagine what it would be like with 35 and upward.
And you're right. The fiesta is at up harder than anything in it's class. But that's one of the reasons it handles so brilliantly.
We don't have much problem with a hard ride cuz Dad is all praises about her driving dynamics on the numerous passes we encountered on our trip but he's more worried about her bottoming out and running such high pressures to avoid it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
How does that help the OP and his query?
:lol
But he has a point there. An Ikon zoomed past us on a curve which had a bump on it midway and the damn thing just flew!!
kdp95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2013, 00:09   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdp95 View Post
Thanks. Did you ever try 41 at the rear? How was the ride? Our Fiesta is rarely fully laden but of late she's been fulfilling the duties of the Indigo. We have such concerns only because we have seen considerably laden Swifts & other soft-sprung sedans pass over big bumps & potholes without any problems while she fails.
!!
Yes but maybe just a hand full of times. 36\38 suffices at full load as figo only has a small boot. I rarely ever bottomed out -even on really rotten roads.

Few things help - take the brakers slow, going cross over them helps, don't brake just before going over as it makes your front dip... There is a whole thread on this kind of stuff. Hope this helps.
rohing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2013, 06:29   #333
BHPian

Default Re: Ford Fiesta Classic Spotted. EDIT : Now launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
Yes but maybe just a hand full of times. 36\38 suffices at full load as figo only has a small boot. I rarely ever bottomed out -even on really rotten roads.

Few things help - take the brakers slow, going cross over them helps, don't brake just before going over as it makes your front dip... There is a whole thread on this kind of stuff. Hope this helps.
Should I try 36/41 once? Although it's always Dad at the wheel and his manoeuvring around rough sections can least be doubted, could you point me to that thread you mentioned?
kdp95 is offline   Reply With Quote