Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 2nd September 2011, 10:44   #31
Default Re: MotorExchange : A unique Indian Car Auction Website (B2B & C2B only)

Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Very recently, I came across MotorExchange while casually surfing the web. The first thing that caught my eye is the vehicle auctions schedule on their home page. Unfortunately, I couldn't check out much more as their listings aren't open to guests. Registration is only open to dealers. There's a pretty detailed verification / documentation process in place too.

Thanks to Stratos for his help with this article.
This reminded me of a website that I worked on a decade back. Autoenred - Coches de ocasion, Vehículos de ocasión, coches usados, coche segunda mano, seminuevo y KM0 Originally the site was in spanish and then they developed other languages. This site became pretty popular in Spain and provided a platform where individuals could also sell / buy cars and we had developed a tool for car valuation based on a model provided by the the site owner. I believe that the model is viable in India as well what with the rapid growth of automobile market.
aaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 10:33   #32
Team-BHP Support
Default Re: MotorExchange : A unique Indian Car Auction Website (B2B & C2B only)

MotorExchange has rebranded itself to CarTradeExchange.com. I find it a bit strange to go change your name like that, after all the effort spent in branding.

And like Mahindra First Choice, they are getting into the franchise business model.

CarTade.com announces the launch of its first CarTrade.com Franchisee used car Store in Thane. The franchisee partner is Globus Motors and the store is located at Shop no. 2, Sankalp Heights, Flower valley, Opp. Jupiter Hospital, Thane (West).
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 19:53   #33
Default Organized bidding platforms. Capable of redefining used automobile market?

As we have umpteen examples on our very own forum, the used car market is one of the most lucrative markets in our country, which is still in its nascent stages compared to many other world markets.

The advantages and disadvantages of going the used market model are many, as analyzed in detail by the threads;
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...-car-less.html (ARTICLE: The Beauty of Lateral Upgrades (Getting MORE CAR for LESS $$$))
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...-used-car.html (ARTICLE: Buying a New Car vs Used Car)

Since this often involves huge money, reliability or rather trust, is one of the most important factor deciding the market.

Paper classifieds, and popular forum classifieds are the best possible medium by which the connect can be made between a buyer and a seller.
Then the brokers and used car dealers gets the highlight. The magnitude of scope present here is evident by the number of big players foray into this area.Almost every car manufacturer have their used car showroom also running.
Unfortunately, this is one of the most useful as well as most risky mode in this business.

This is when Organized bidding platforms, like the Automall by SAMIL(Shriram Automall India Limited), comes into picture.

Though banks and courts auctioning off vehicles are normal, have not heard much on this on a sane scale, until a recent news article covered one such bidding event.
They have huge inventory, wide variety of vehicles on offer and multiple platforms to reach out to people.

Do we think that this mode of business has the potential of redefining the used automobile market?
How beneficial could this be, to an ordinary used car buyer/individual seller, and what could be the hidden dangers associated with this?

Last edited by sarathlal : 9th May 2014 at 19:56.
sarathlal is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote