Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 15th April 2011, 00:53   #61
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Horses for Courses - A 100 bhp Figo?

I do not see any difference from the Palio 1.6 and this one. How many bought the Palio 1.6 and where are they now ? Why did Fiat not continue with the 1.6 in the Punto, that would have been a much hotter hatch than the Figo 1.6.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2011, 01:08   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I do not see any difference from the Palio 1.6 and this one. How many bought the Palio 1.6 and where are they now ? Why did Fiat not continue with the 1.6 in the Punto, that would have been a much hotter hatch than the Figo 1.6.
For Fiat even the 1.4 Fire turned out to be a wrong choice, Majority of the sales are ruled by MJD. I feel since the 1.4 FIRE version did not qualify for small car norms and it has lower FE than 1.6 Palio, the 1.6 engine would have been a better choice, since they already have the 1.2 for the commuters. Let's not take Fiat's blunders as benchmarks, especially when talking about commercial success.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2011, 01:27   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

They need to spruce up the interior (from the Fiesta classic please) and the exterior. Figo 1.6 will attract a lifestyle customer who will be not be happy with the low rent interior and those outdated christmas tree lights.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2011, 00:18   #64
BHPian

a little birdie tells me that 1.6 litre figo mules are ready , up and running
arjab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2011, 00:27   #65
BHPian

This would not set the sales charts on fire anyway! So why not offer a full fledged Figo 1.6S version with skirts all around, Better quality interiors, Sport seats, Funky steering wheel, drilled pedals, hot alloys with low profile tyres, a neat rear spoiler and of course the Electric blue paint job?

Last edited by 333 : 23rd April 2011 at 00:28. Reason: typographical error
333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2011, 00:27   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
For Fiat even the 1.4 Fire turned out to be a wrong choice, Majority of the sales are ruled by MJD. I feel since the 1.4 FIRE version did not qualify for small car norms and it has lower FE than 1.6 Palio, the 1.6 engine would have been a better choice, since they already have the 1.2 for the commuters. Let's not take Fiat's blunders as benchmarks, especially when talking about commercial success.
One reason for not using the P 1.6L engine would be the stricter emission norms that it'd have to comply now.

The way the Punto got both the Linea 90Bhp engine later on , I'm guessing Fiat could plonk the TJet engine into the G Punto down the line hopefully.
Grafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2011, 01:29   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post

How reliable is that piece of info? Would like to wait for this if its actually coming out. How long is it generally before the ford test mules are spotted and the time they actually launch it?
topedgemonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2011, 11:59   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
So when can we expect the Unveiling ceremony like of NFS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
This would not set the sales charts on fire anyway! So why not offer a full fledged Figo 1.6S version with skirts all around, Better quality interiors, Sport seats, Funky steering wheel, drilled pedals, hot alloys with low profile tyres, a neat rear spoiler and of course the Electric blue paint job?
I think you are talking about Fiesta hatch!
iSpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 10:17   #69
BHPian

Dear Mustang, any word on this yet? Personally, I was disappointed with the pricing of the Fiesta Classic at 5.5L. With the Figo Titanium Petrol at 4.65L, how are they going to price it? Anything around 5L will be a steal, considering the Polo and the Fabia are priced at 6!

*Keeping my fingers crossed that the launch will happen.
lordavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 19:36   #70
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordavenger View Post
Dear Mustang, any word on this yet? Personally, I was disappointed with the pricing of the Fiesta Classic at 5.5L. With the Figo Titanium Petrol at 4.65L, how are they going to price it? Anything around 5L will be a steal, considering the Polo and the Fabia are priced at 6!

*Keeping my fingers crossed that the launch will happen.
No concrete info, I have just been hearing fiesta talks right now.

It has to be priced b/w 5-5.50 Lacs and should be a fully loaded version so that it does not compete with a booted car which is a stripped down version (Fiesta Classc LXi)
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 22:51   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
No concrete info, I have just been hearing fiesta talks right now.

It has to be priced b/w 5-5.50 Lacs and should be a fully loaded version so that it does not compete with a booted car which is a stripped down version (Fiesta Classc LXi)
I dont think there will be cannibalisation as customers who prefer more features and fun would go with Figo, while slightly mature customers who want image and boot space would go with the Fiesta Either which way we look at it, its a car sold for Ford right?
aravind.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2011, 11:11   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I dont think there will be cannibalisation as customers who prefer more features and fun would go with Figo, while slightly mature customers who want image and boot space would go with the Fiesta Either which way we look at it, its a car sold for Ford right?
Agreed. But a low selling model will probably not justify its production cost, even though the 1.6 Figo will share a lot of its components with the 1.3 Petrol version (Alto VX anyone?)

I'm skeptical that the 1.6 will be launched, at the same time, a fully loaded 1.6 Figo in the 5-5.5 bracket: Wow!
lordavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2011, 12:15   #73
BHPian

Wouldnt it make more sense to launch a Figo with a better 1.2 petrol engine (say with VVT + other improvements) instead of a bigger engine. The current 1.2 engine is the most anemic of the bunch (Fiat/Tata aside). The Figo petrol could do a lot better if they gave it a better engine. And with the capacity staying the same, they would still get the excise benefits. Not to mention FE could improve a fair bit. The extra cost increase would just be the upgraded engine (say 15-20k). The current engine produces 70 hp. If they could up it to the 80-85 HP range, it would make for a pretty peppy car. Of course it wouldnt be anything like the 100 hp 1.6 engine but it would at least be far better than the current engine
radiokidb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2011, 12:28   #74
BHPian

Well, it may not be Petrol, may not be 100 bhp but Motorbeam reports [10 June, 2011] a 1.5L Diesel Figo on the cards.

linky: Ford Figo 1.5 Could Soon Be A Reality
iSpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2011, 12:36   #75
Senior - BHPian

More powerful diesel definitely makes more sense.
ashutoshb is offline   Reply With Quote