Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 14th February 2016, 17:16   #91
BHPian

Default Re: Horses for Courses - A 100 bhp Figo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Hey, any of you did some further R&D on this idea?
Cannot believe im quoting my 5 year old post when my present Figo was not even bought.

So can anyone tell me if its feasible to source scrapped Fiesta 1.6 engine and bolt it in Figo instead of present 1.2?
akshay380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2016, 22:16   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...So can anyone tell me if its feasible to source scrapped Fiesta 1.6 engine and bolt it in Figo instead of present 1.2?
Don't you think it's better to avoid doing this? Even if a very accomplished FNG does this swap, is there a guarantee that things will be smooth afterwards? You might end up spending so much time if something goes wrong, finally ending up frustrated than being happy.

Again, if this is your sole car, try and avoid it. I would rather buy a 1.6S directly and have fun.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2016, 22:48   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Don't you think it's better to avoid doing this? Even if a very accomplished FNG does this swap, is there a guarantee that things will be smooth afterwards? You might end up spending so much time if something goes wrong, finally ending up frustrated than being happy.

Again, if this is your sole car, try and avoid it. I would rather buy a 1.6S directly and have fun.
Yea agreed. I have been patiently waiting for someone to put up 1.6 up for sale here in Goa. Tough to find :(
akshay380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2016, 13:43   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cannot believe im quoting my 5 year old post when my present Figo was not even bought.

So can anyone tell me if its feasible to source scrapped Fiesta 1.6 engine and bolt it in Figo instead of present 1.2?
If you can get this done almost as good as a factory rolled out 1.6 Figo , then nothing like it.

I always day dream of getting a 1.6 from a scrapped Fiesta and swapping it for the 1.2 in my Figo. And along with that get the bigger brakes from the Titanium and the Fiesta S ECU and continue with the FFE.
That will be more like a wet dream!

Problem is finding a 1.6 engine, finding a capable garage and of course the budget.

So adding to what Swiftnfurius said, look for a 1.6 stock itself, if you cannot find a S.
tharian is offline   Reply With Quote