Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 17th March 2011, 19:30   #1

Thumbs up Mahindra Xylo Celebration II Edition Launched

Mahindra & Mahindra today launched the Xylo Celebration II Edition to celebrate its 2nd anniversary. The company launched the Xylo in January 2009 and received many accolades.

Mahindra will produce 1000 units of the Xylo Celebration Limited Edition in order to keep with its exclusivity.

Source: Xylo Celebration II Edition
adalanthae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2011, 11:15   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra Xylo Celebration II Edition Launched

After looking at the ski rack on E6 and ABS on E8 i was always thinking why the ABS and teh Ski Rack (roof rail) is not available together. Also thinking about the very average sound system in E8

Now the Celebration II has it together without Music system. Also the color is attractive.

Mahindra could have given Alloys for Celebration edition At least.
trtraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 16:06   #3

I bought one of those 1000 units about 10 days ago. The color is Pearl White.
Like the ride quality and the three-row AC. Drove from Chennai to Tirupati last weekend. Everything was fine until the security check point cum toll gate at Alipiri. Immediately after crossing that point we began the ascent and the AC stopped working. Checked the fuses and relays and everything looked ok. Waited for about 7 hours for darshan of the Lord and returned to chennai without AC. Harrowing experience indeed!!!!

It started raining during our descent and was a real bad experience driving without AC in the rain. Will take it to India Garage tomorrow and find out what went wrong.
LoveMyBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 17:53   #4
BHPian

No offence, but is this news worth covering as a separate topic? I mean, such jango- mango versions keep rolling out without any real importance given to them. Unless, any one of them bring really serious to the table.
Abhi_Automobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 21:07   #5
BHPian

Going to be one of that 1000. Booked one in Walnut Brown, On the way for delivery. Will get in a week.
FyreMasq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2011, 09:39   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreMasq View Post
Going to be one of that 1000. Booked one in Walnut Brown, On the way for delivery. Will get in a week.
Congrats. Can you tell me if the Celebration Edition comes with Airbags & ABS?
H3LIOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2011, 15:52   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LIOS View Post
Congrats. Can you tell me if the Celebration Edition comes with Airbags & ABS?
Yes it comes with ABS but not Airbags & and no options for Airbag too. But it DOESN'T come with the old radio like Nippon Audio system and the alloys which i personally don't like. Planned to put an Aftermath Audio system & Alloys.
FyreMasq is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2011, 18:17   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreMasq View Post
Yes it comes with ABS but not Airbags & and no options for Airbag too. But it DOESN'T come with the old radio like Nippon Audio system and the alloys which i personally don't like. Planned to put an Aftermath Audio system & Alloys.
Thought so - they didn't offer Airbags in the last celebration edition either.

You are right about the Nippon audio system, it sucks. Sound quality is so-so, and reliability is bad. Mine (E8) skips CDs for even a small bump, and stopped playing from SD Card and USB within a year. Got it repaired under warranty and then the same thing happened again within 2 months. I gave up and am looking for a nice aftermarket system..... on the other hand, I like the alloys.

Cheers.
H3LIOS is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote