Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 15th January 2006, 03:26   #16
Senior - BHPian

doesnt it look like Mahindra is gearing up to take on the likes of jeep and rangerover?

No pun intended but just look at the rate at which they are developing.

first phase :- introduce scorpio and stun the whole country.

second phase:- show their excellence in the engine department with a newer engine with better NVH and refinement.

third phase:- bring in a crdi and keep the step ahead along with other manufacturers.

fourth phase:- A lotus designed suspension to take care of scorpios biggest problem. Handling.

fifth phase :- a hybrid car at the autoexpo. Only honda I guess was the other car to show off a hybrid"the insight"

I believe mahindra's new car in 2008 will be capable enough to take on the best around the world. Way to go mahindra keep it up.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2006, 03:46   #17
BHPian

mahindra legend looks cool man..finally something that could be closely associated with JEEP ...after a long layoff a close clone in Legend is born to mesmerize offroaders...draws similarities with Gypsy but remains a jeep by nature..good buy for me..
ambylimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2006, 19:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman
The Bolero Commando does look very good. The boxy looks remind me of the Humvee.

The legend is on the site that vivek mentioned. I think they have added a few more cars to the web site as I do not recall seeing the Legend the other day.

Godfather, according to the blurb in the text panel there are only 60 of these so run to your local Mahindra dealer if you want one. If you have no joy at your dealer drop mahindra an email.

hi guys.. i went to the dealer and the funny part is that they have not heard of it or the RED scorpio... and shooting an email can be an option to them.. so lets hope for the best.. will keep you guys updated on this..
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2006, 19:47   #19
BHPian

[SIZE=2]i think all the new vehicles from will be launched only after the new fiscal year i.e maybe april coz this time around there might be some plan for the fuel prices by the finance ministry thouh its entirely different frompetroleum minist. and even i am going off topic lol!!!
[/SIZE]
trinadha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2006, 21:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
hi guys.. i went to the dealer and the funny part is that they have not heard of it or the RED scorpio... and shooting an email can be an option to them.. so lets hope for the best.. will keep you guys updated on this..
Dealers are usually last to know. It is like with the CRDE, many dealers were ignorant over its impending release.
bigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2006, 22:36   #21
BHPian

i loved the bolero commando it looked like hummer h2 from rear
trinadha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2006, 00:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

hey: the site mentions the scorpio hybrid...and guess what; they are claiming a F.E of 15-16 kmpl (only..??) for the hybrid..kinda disappointing... and they've given an electric transaxle citing the "hybrid theory". now that means that the rear wheels are driven by the same old 2.6 CRDe, whereas the front axle is taken care of by the electric motors.

hmmm...at least we get a functional 4x4..(even if it's part-time). no path-breaking concept; the transaxle means the motors might be capable upto 25-30 kmph, max. again, not a very efficient "hybrid" design....

but loved the other models though. that red scorpio "passion" is stunning, and so are the other off-roaders. the mahindra "legend" caught my attention, and so did the bolero "inspira" and "commando" ....and did anyone look at that scorpio "lifestyle"..? the damn thing has 8 spot lamps..!!!
veyron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2006, 13:17   #23
Senior - BHPian

any info on pricing and expected release dates yet?
vivekiny2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2006, 06:30   #24
Senior - BHPian

After seeing

mahindra
tata
bajaj tempo(firodias)
sonalika

making such big strides, I would from heart want to wait for just 1 more year and I am sure I will only but Indian cars.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 11:11   #25
Team-BHP Support

To bump up this thread and veyron1's post above, I saw this Electric 4x4 Bolero belonging to Greenpeace yday.

Is this a production version or Greenpeace-engineered or just a sticker (which I doubt) ? At the prospect of looking foolish here: I also did not notice any exhaust pipe/smoke or even a typical diesel-clatter after tailing this vehicle for 3 kms.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 11:25   #26
Senior - BHPian

4X4 Electric: They might be simply talking about the electric shift-on-the-fly which is used in the Scorpio 4WD. Earlier the 4X4 Boleros were offered with only the lever operated manual system.
But you should certainly be able to spot the exhaust pipe somewhere. On the side?

Last edited by anupmathur : 18th October 2007 at 11:26.
anupmathur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 12:54   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
4X4 Electric: They might be simply talking about the electric shift-on-the-fly which is used in the Scorpio 4WD. Earlier the 4X4 Boleros were offered with only the lever operated manual system.
But you should certainly be able to spot the exhaust pipe somewhere. On the side?
As far as my knowledge goes, it should be electronic and not electric. Is it possible that the Greenpeace guys have devised a way of running the vehicle on electricity? I mean, by using rechargebale batteries?
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 13:37   #28
BHPian

Guys ,
Check out this link - Mahindra Customised Cars
itszain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 13:51   #29
BHPian

I dont understand why M&M is not giving the Scorpio crde unit as options in other vehicles such as the bolero and the classic. They would do really well.
vibzez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 14:04   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Is it possible that the Greenpeace guys have devised a way of running the vehicle on electricity? I mean, by using rechargebale batteries?
Possible but highly improbable.
anupmathur is offline   Reply With Quote