Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 18th August 2011, 15:26   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Conmen in 2nd hand car sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcool View Post
these scams are reaching the shore of team-bhp classified!
just saw a listing for a jetta at 3,45,000/- and thought it was too good to be true, so i emailed the person listing the ad and got a response as below
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,
Just send him an email saying that you are in UK around Berkshire and would like to take a look at the car. Would be interesting to see what his excuse would be.
toiingg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 16:20   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcool View Post
these scams are reaching the shore of team-bhp classified!
just saw a listing for a jetta at 3,45,000/- and thought it was too good to be true, so i emailed the person listing the ad and got a response as below
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I confirm you the car price it is 345 000 Rs .The car is in the best condition, has no technical damage, full service history. The car have India documents and registration. I worked in India for one year and I've purchased the car there. My company wanted me back home, so currently I'm in England (United Kingdom).
The car it's now located in ENGLAND - United Kingdom, Berkshire.
I'm trying to sell it at this price because I don`t use it anymore , it`s a pity to keep such a car and not to use it. UK registration tax is too high ,i can not afford to pay it and i need money urgently to pay my House Bank Credit Debts. I tried to sell the car in United Kingdom, but nobody want`s to buy it because of the high registration tax .
I list my car on India websites so i can sell it faster. The price is correct and the car can be transported to any location. My car is already at one Transport company from UK. I paid them to take care for my car sale protection. I can deliver the car to any location.
Please write me back to discuss only if you are interested!then we will continue the discussion about the car by phone .

Regards
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This surely raised my antennas, as i had read this thread earlier, hope no one on team-bhp falls into these traps!
LOL. I received the exact same reply from this character. Keep away guys, this ad is posted on the classifieds section of team.BHP itself.
mb_jg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 16:52   #18
BHPian

guess the admins should ban him from posting ads on the classifieds!
ibcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2011, 15:09   #19
Team-BHP Support

^ Thanks guys (as well as the handful of people who reported that ad on the classifieds)!

The ad has been removed, the user account deleted.

An email mentioning the same has been sent to everyone who reported the ad.

Please do continue to help out by reporting suspicious ads that you see, by clicking the button shown below :

Conmen in 2nd hand car sales-screenshot-20110819150536.png

Thanks,
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th August 2011 at 15:33.
Rehaan is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2011, 15:28   #20
BHPian

Saw the VW jetta add on the first day he posted and some how i felt the price on the Jetta add was a typo. Thought he priced it as 3,45,000 instead of 13,45,000.

anyways, It's nice to hear about mod's action against it
BulZire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2011, 15:34   #21
Senior - BHPian

Reported the ad the very instance i saw. there was a mention of a diesel and petrol both. and decided to have some fun with the guy. asked for details, scan of registration and images from all sides with number plus interior. But instead he send these two emails.

1st email.

Quote:
Hello,

The car is in the best condition,with an diesel engine (1,9 TDI ) has no technical damage, full service history. The car have India documents and registration. I worked in India for one year and I've purchased the car there. My company wanted me back home, so currently I'm in England (United Kingdom).
The car it's now located in ENGLAND - United Kingdom, Berkshire.
I'm trying to sell it at this price because I don`t use it anymore , it`s a pity to keep such a car and not to use it. UK registration tax is too high ,i can not afford to pay it and i need money urgently to pay my House Bank Credit Debts. I tried to sell the car in United Kingdom, but nobody want`s to buy it because of the high registration tax .
I list my car on India websites so i can sell it faster. The price is correct and the car can be transported to any location. My car is already at one Transport company from UK. I paid them to take care for my car sale protection. I can deliver the car to any location.
Please write me back to discuss only if you are interested!then we will continue the discussion about the car by phone .

Regards
2nd Email
Quote:
PLEASE READ TRANSACTION TERMS WITH ATTENTION AND TAKE A DECISION.
I already signed a deal with the transport company and I paid all the taxes and I am interested to sell my car in good conditions . The car is ready to be transported to any location. This is the only way and my only condition in this transaction.
The terms of the Transport Company Transaction Protection are :

1) I need your transport information your name and delivery address in order to contact the company to start the transaction.
2) You will receive a notification from the transport company as a confirmation that the car is in their custody and also that the car has been tested.
3) You will have to make a deposit payment to the transport company Bank Account as a guarantee..
4) The transport company will verify the payment and if everything is in order they will deliver the car to your location address.
5) After you will receive the car and you will be completely satisfied with it, you will confirm to the transport company your decision. You have 10 days to inspect it and take a decision.
6) Transport company will take care for all export paper work documents and they help you to register the car under your name,because i empowered them by a notary .

I WILL NOT RECEIVE ANY PAYMENT UNTIL YOU RECEIVE THE CAR ,YOU WILL MAKE PAYMENT TO THE TRANSPORT COMPANY BANK ACCOUNT PROTECTION.

The transport time will be between 8 - 10 days .
Transport company protection will keep your money until you receive the car and the documents of the car.
After you receive the car - You will have an inspection period of 10 days.
In this time you can check, test and inspect the car documents. If by any reason (the car has any hidden damage or it isn't like i describe it) you can reject the deal. In this case the transport company will refund your deposit back in full and they will ship the car back on my cost. The car was verified by the transport company qualified automotive technician and the car have passed all the test with no problems.

My best regards !
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2011, 15:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

Come on guys, give it a break. This UK citizen had such love for these "Made in India" cars and took them back to UK when she/he was suddenly called back. Now there are divorce settlements, house credit debit charges, car wash guy payments all stuck up and not a soul to buy these Indian cars. So you are being offered a nice juicy deal to own a Bimmer for 3.45L and you cry foul ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
Just send him an email saying that you are in UK around Berkshire and would like to take a look at the car. Would be interesting to see what his excuse would be.
The reply would be :
"I am sorry I just had to pop back to India to pick up that Ghost and the Phantom (also going for sale for 3.5 and 3.55L) i left back there".
esteem_lover is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2011, 15:55   #23
BHPian

I saw another similar ad on Team-Bhp classifieds yesterday night about a VW Jetta available for 3,45,000. I emailed him, below is his reply.

The car is in the best condition, has no technical damage, full service history. The car have India documents and registration. I worked in India for one year and I've purchased the car there. My company wanted me back home, so currently I'm in England (United Kingdom).
The car it's now located in ENGLAND - United Kingdom, Berkshire. etc

I don't see the ad today. his email id in the email reply is automotive.bvd@hotmail.com. The yesterday's ad gave his id as sch.sch@hotmail.com.

This is already taken care of by the mods. My bad. Didn't read the second page of the thread.

Last edited by bigwheelz : 19th August 2011 at 15:59. Reason: Issue already reported
bigwheelz is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2011, 16:08   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelz View Post
I don't see the ad today. his email id in the email reply is [email]automotive.bvd@hotmail.com[/email]. The yesterday's ad gave his id as sch.sch@hotmail.com.

This is already taken care of by the mods. My bad. Didn't read the second page of the thread.
I did a google search on that email address, here are some first page hits. Hope no one falls for it, but then some are too greedy or naive.

2008 TOYOTA COROLLA ALTIS triptonic (top end model) , 27000km !!! - Delhi: Cars in Delhi at Quikr Delhi

2007 SKODA OCTAVIA 1.9 TDI, RIDER CLASSIC, BLACK ONLY AT RS 285,000 ONLY - Delhi: Cars in Delhi at Quikr Delhi

2010 Mercedes-Benz GL550 4MATIC | Abu Dhabi City, Abu Dhabi | Automobiles Classifieds, Used Cars

Cruisers Boats for sale - Boatshop24 - Search results displayed for all new & used boats for sale across UK & Europe

expatriates.com - Dubai - Vehicles - Nissan - Patrol - 2008 - Like brand new !!!
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2011, 21:30   #25
Senior - BHPian

Thats a nice find.

i wonder whose car images he is using for these ads. It would be negative Eureka moment when the actual owner finds that his car is listed by this idiot.
Old 28th August 2011, 22:36   #26
Senior - BHPian

Today also there have been some new ads, members please beware.
Old 29th August 2011, 01:43   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, new ads to beware!

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...uti/Swift.html

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...a/Superb.html/

Quote:
Pioneer MP3 with Aux and USB, Sony XPLOD Amp and 12'' JBL 1000 Watts Subwoofer in MDF enclosure, JBL component speakers with tweeters, LED indoor lamp, 3M sun film, run just 8900 kms, Maruti True Value Certified, with extended warranty up to Jan 2013, It has comprehensive insurance with no claim bonus of 20%, valid upto 21 Jan 2013, All papers are up to date with Service manual and on time service history which you can check with MARUTI SUZUKI officially. Totally accident free with no dents on the car.
Kindly, only serious buyers contact me, because you will like the car if you are looking for extremely well maintained car with clean history.
Price for the 2010 Diesel Ritz, christened as Swift is just 2,30,000!!!..

umm.. does this post belong to the joke thread?

Last edited by dhanushs : 29th August 2011 at 01:47.
dhanushs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2011, 09:57   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabash View Post
4)You will have to make the deposit to eBay Motors by WIRE BANK TRANSFER.

This looks like a "Nigerian Fraud" kind of scam.

You should be very careful if a foreign dealer asks for a "wire transfer".
( e.g. Western Union )

Wire tranfers are "irrevocable" and "untraceble" hence a favourite method of
duping people by these class of criminals.

Once you start engaing with these guys they will keep on asking you to
transfer money using some excuse or the other:- Advance payment, car is stuck
at customs, he has to bribe some official etc. Some of the guys are very
sophisitcated and can even forge documents that just look like orignals.
They will sometimes email this fake documents to the victim to keep him engaged
and win his trust temporarily.

Once he has completely milked the victim, the scamster will quitely dissaper.
JediKnight is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2011, 22:55   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
And thats just what i did

My mail (after showing quite a bit of interest, and receiving the same 'transaction terms' posted by others) :

Hey I would like to purchase the car as is where is. I do not need it transported. Let me know thanks.

Reply:

Sir i understand your point of view ,but now the car is sealed into a shipping container ready to be shipp ,i did not think that i can find someone here to buy it and i pay evertyhing is neccesary to the delivery company and if i will do like you want i will lose the money ,let;s make like this give me your details ,i will register the transaction and do what is neccsary and them they will shipp the car to your locatio ,after you do to them the payment deposit for the car and maybe i can negotiate with them to pay me back some money from the shipping costs .

Hope these guys are permanently kept off the classifieds section.
binz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2011, 09:29   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
i pay evertyhing is neccesary to the delivery company and if i will do like you want i will lose the money ,let;s make like this give me your details ,i will register the transaction and do what is neccsary and them they will shipp the car to your locatio ,after you do to them the payment deposit for the car and maybe i can negotiate with them to pay me back some money from the shipping costs .
This guy is not even good in english. You missed a great deal binz, one that you will regret the rest of your life.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote