Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2010, 20:34   #211
BHPian
 
jaisha8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Trichur, Kerala
Posts: 358
Thanked: 98 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Good to see this thread updated after a long time.
Hey jaisha8 if possible, post some more pics of your car.
Hi samsag12, I have posted the picture above. My car is still in the same state as the tinker is busy. I am also abroad now and couldnt follow up with him. Should be over by next month. Thanks for your interest, pal.
jaisha8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2010, 20:50   #212
Senior - BHPian
 
samsag12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: City of Nawaabs
Posts: 1,611
Thanked: 200 Times
Default

No problem jaisha8. whenever you get hold of any updated pics do post them .BTW i also have a PP S1.
samsag12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2010, 23:05   #213
BHPian
 
Mehul1100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kangayam, TN
Posts: 240
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Hi samsag12,congrates for the lucknow fiat club.
Mehul1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2010, 15:17   #214
BHPian
 
jaisha8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Trichur, Kerala
Posts: 358
Thanked: 98 Times
Default

I found a very old picture of my S1 and posting it.
Attached Images
 
jaisha8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2010, 23:55   #215
BHPian
 
Mehul1100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kangayam, TN
Posts: 240
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Hey, gr8 pic of original S1, why is the side indicator in so up near the beeding?
Mehul1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2010, 15:58   #216
BHPian
 
jaisha8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Trichur, Kerala
Posts: 358
Thanked: 98 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehul1100 View Post
Hey, gr8 pic of original S1, why is the side indicator in so up near the beeding?
That was a stick on indicator that I had fitted long time back. So to prevent the wire from been seen I stuck the indicator very close to the beeding. Now it is no more there.
jaisha8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2010, 16:00   #217
BHPian
 
jaisha8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Trichur, Kerala
Posts: 358
Thanked: 98 Times
Default

I learnt from my Dad that the tinker is now working on my car. As there is lot of rust on the side beeding holes he advised to weld a 2" strip all along both the sides. I have given him the go ahead. I should be going home in 2 weeks and hopefully by that time the tinkering job should be complete. This is the present status of my S1. Shall keep you all updated.
jaisha8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2010, 16:10   #218
BHPian
 
Mehul1100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kangayam, TN
Posts: 240
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

jaisha8; I am eagerly waiting to see your S1, onces it ready I will come kerala to see her glory. What colour you have planned? Once she is ready please upload pictures at both the sites.
Mehul1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 15:21   #219
BHPian
 
jaisha8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Trichur, Kerala
Posts: 358
Thanked: 98 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehul1100 View Post
jaisha8; I am eagerly waiting to see your S1, onces it ready I will come kerala to see her glory. What colour you have planned? Once she is ready please upload pictures at both the sites.
Mehul, I surely will post the pictures of painting job, etc if I m home that time. I have planned Pearl white (as in my Linea). I have never seen a Padmini in S1 yet. I presume it would look good on Padmini.
I have advised the tinker to make 2 holes on each side on top of the front mudguards to give provision for side indicators. Originally, there was no side indicators in this model.

Last edited by jaisha8 : 23rd February 2010 at 15:23. Reason: Correction
jaisha8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 22:07   #220
BHPian
 
Mehul1100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kangayam, TN
Posts: 240
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
Mehul, I surely will post the pictures of painting job, etc if I m home that time. I have planned Pearl white (as in my Linea). I have never seen a Padmini in S1 yet. I presume it would look good on Padmini.
I have advised the tinker to make 2 holes on each side on top of the front mudguards to give provision for side indicators. Originally, there was no side indicators in this model.
Oh, great colour it will be, will look royal as if it came from show-room. Earger to see your Padmini S1.
Mehul1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2010, 15:45   #221
BHPian
 
Arkin evoisrevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: KA03; AP02
Posts: 680
Thanked: 108 Times
Default 1983 Premier Padmini

This is my grandfather's 1983 Padmini Petrol. It was his everyday car until 6 months ago. It will soon be replaced by a Figo. I works OK, has an RTO approved LPG kit, but no ICE or AC. Badly needs restoration.
Attached Thumbnails
The lovely Premier Padmini S1 (Fiat 1100-D)-cimg4278.jpg  

Arkin evoisrevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 10:20   #222
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore Cantonment
Posts: 1,642
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
This is my grandfather's 1983 Padmini Petrol. It was his everyday car until 6 months ago. It will soon be replaced by a Figo. I works OK, has an RTO approved LPG kit, but no ICE or AC. Badly needs restoration.
Buddy, do you drive this car? Is it in Bengaluru?

Oops!! Just saw your profile! you are just 14!! Anyways do you drive a car?

Last edited by arun1100 : 14th March 2010 at 10:22.
arun1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 20:03   #223
BHPian
 
jaisha8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Trichur, Kerala
Posts: 358
Thanked: 98 Times
Default

Hi Friends, here are some images of the present condition of my S1 that is undergoing full work at Trichur. The tinker has nearly completed all the patch work and adding final finishing touches. Next I will be giving it to the mechanic to replace all the old worn out rubber bushes and then finally for painting in a day or two. But today the painter informed that he is very busy with lot of work. Anyway, I'll have to wait till he becomes free.

Last edited by jaisha8 : 15th March 2010 at 20:12.
jaisha8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 20:13   #224
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,358
Thanked: 1,727 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
Hi Friends, here are some images of the present condition of my S1 that is undergoing full work at Trichur. The tinker has nearly completed all the patch work and adding final finishing touches. Next I will be giving it to the mechanic to replace all the old worn out rubber bushes and then finally for painting in a day or two. But today the painter informed that he is very busy with lot of work. Anyway, I'll have to wait till he becomes free.
Jaisha, I think you forgot to attach the images. Could you do again?
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 20:38   #225
BHPian
 
jaisha8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Trichur, Kerala
Posts: 358
Thanked: 98 Times
Default

Again re-attaching the photos. I had attached it earlier but somehow did not appear in the thread. Hopefully it is successful now..
Attached Thumbnails
The lovely Premier Padmini S1 (Fiat 1100-D)-15032010825.jpg  

The lovely Premier Padmini S1 (Fiat 1100-D)-15032010804.jpg  

The lovely Premier Padmini S1 (Fiat 1100-D)-15032010803.jpg  

The lovely Premier Padmini S1 (Fiat 1100-D)-15032010807.jpg  

The lovely Premier Padmini S1 (Fiat 1100-D)-15032010808.jpg  

The lovely Premier Padmini S1 (Fiat 1100-D)-15032010809.jpg  

The lovely Premier Padmini S1 (Fiat 1100-D)-15032010810.jpg  

The lovely Premier Padmini S1 (Fiat 1100-D)-15032010812.jpg  

The lovely Premier Padmini S1 (Fiat 1100-D)-15032010814.jpg  

The lovely Premier Padmini S1 (Fiat 1100-D)-15032010819.jpg  


Last edited by jaisha8 : 15th March 2010 at 20:41.
jaisha8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread adheesh Post-War 1617 13th November 2017 16:40
Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE! arun1100 Post-War 343 11th May 2017 16:57
My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President President Post-War 208 17th September 2015 00:13
Bangalore Fiat 1100 Club-Original 1974 Premier President arun1100 Post-War 49 21st January 2015 19:15
Used Maruti800, premier padmini , premier 118ne ? sakharamcool Hatchbacks 8 27th May 2008 11:17


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:34.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks