Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 11th April 2011, 20:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Infiniti to enter INDIA soon !

Quote:
Originally Posted by chpk View Post
Most probably they will launch the G25 along with EX in near future.. maybe G37 in the mix too (?)
Me thinks it's probably the M,EX and FX first.
The G would have been ideal if it had the diesel and also the QX.
DicKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2011, 00:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Infiniti to enter India soon !

Will be interesting to see if this will be the start of the Japanese high end onslaught.
Toyota has been extremely cautious, and has kept us away from the lexus brand for years. This may be the little nudge they needed to finally launch lexus on our shores.
Also would love to see Honda bring in Acura too. But knowing Honda's pricing policy, i wonder how much poor souls would have to shell out for something from the Acura stable.
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2011, 01:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Also would love to see Honda bring in Acura too. But knowing Honda's pricing policy, i wonder how much poor souls would have to shell out for something from the Acura stable.
TSX at 30 - 35 lakhs perhaps... and RDX at the same price point.. Would be good alternatives to the BMW3 and X1. Best part of Acura (at least in the US) - simple configurations, loaded base models.
On Infiniti - they are real fun to drive cars, although they sometimes are skimpy on passenger room. I also think they offer more equipment in even their lowest trims.
vineethvazhayil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2011, 01:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

^^^
absolutely @mdsaab. can't wait for the Japanese onslaught.
The Japanese Merc(Lexus),Jap BMW(Infiniti) and Jap Audi(Acura) will surely give a chase to the Germans who have had the market for too long.
Except Lexus the other two are definitely II tier luxury brands, but still with right products they can give a (reliable) run for money for the Germans.
Old 12th April 2011, 12:12   #20
BHPian

Nissan uses the brand name Infiniti in markets outside its domestic market, Japan. In Japan, Infinitis are sold under the Nissan badge - M is the Fuga, G is the Skyline, G coupe is the Skyline Coupe, EX is Skyline Crossover, QX is the Nissan Patrol (with a different front & rear end and interiors). FX is the only Infiniti not to have a Nissan equivalent.

Having said the above, you can find Infiniti badged cars in Japan as well.

I would suggest they start with the M and FX. The M is super stylish and you have to see the car for real. Interiors of the M are brilliant as well. The curves and body creases are just amazing! Pictures dont do justice to the M. The 350Z derived V6 engine along with the V6 diesel will help compete with the 5-Series and the E-class. Maybe the 5.6L V8 can come in at a later time. The FX on the other hand is a beast. It is massive in size and looks menancing. Certainly the two best cars to start building the brand with.

Some pictures of the M

and the FX

Last edited by designersf : 12th April 2011 at 12:21. Reason: added pictures
designersf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2011, 13:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Yep, got spot on @designersf.
The Fx is just an animal on wheels(design front).
May i also add the EX to fight with the X3 and Q5.
and the M series(and new gen Nissans) front styling is absolutely gorgeous and Menacing.

Last edited by DicKy : 12th April 2011 at 14:05.
Old 12th April 2011, 20:04   #22
Team-BHP Support

Now I know where Suzuki derived inspiration from when they began designing the Kizashi! Take a good long hard look at the Infiniti 'M'! The rear, especially, resembles the Kizashi. That spoiler I tell you!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2011, 21:36   #23
Senior - BHPian

then @suhaas307, look at the FX.
Am sure many Team BHPians would blame Infiniti as copycats when in reality Audi seems to be inspired from Infiniti for their crossover SUVs.
Old 12th April 2011, 22:32   #24
BHPian

Autocar India has posted some pics. of the Infiniti lineup on their facebook page !
Infiniti Lineup | Facebook
fz_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2011, 01:07   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
TSX at 30 - 35 lakhs perhaps... and RDX at the same price point.. Would be good alternatives to the BMW3 and X1. Best part of Acura (at least in the US) - simple configurations, loaded base models.
On Infiniti - they are real fun to drive cars, although they sometimes are skimpy on passenger room. I also think they offer more equipment in even their lowest trims.
The TSX would be better if it were under 30. and the RDX in your mentioned price range. These Japanese high enders also come with a reliability package as standard

To be noted, the OSRVM of the RDX is quite similar to the civic. In fact this would work out to be my ultimate civic upgrade. Gives me that familiar setting that i so desire in my next car.

Last edited by mdsaab : 13th April 2011 at 01:10.
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2011, 12:45   #26
BHPian

id love to see lexus here. theyre a billiant marque with good quality as well as well as some lovely engines/handling/etc

frankly im quite tired of the german luxury brigade.. i think we need someone else to come here and give em some competition
Snowman79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2011, 13:44   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman79 View Post
id love to see lexus here. theyre a billiant marque with good quality as well as well as some lovely engines/handling/etc

frankly im quite tired of the german luxury brigade.. i think we need someone else to come here and give em some competition
Lexus' are plush and comfortable. Save for the IS-F, none of them can even come close to the word 'handling'.

Few years down the line, customers' interests in the Germans might did a little bit (once there are lots of Merc and Bimmers), in which case these Japanese brands can get a massive boost. Even w ithout that, they have enough character to hold on to their appeal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Now I know where Suzuki derived inspiration from when they began designing the Kizashi! Take a good long hard look at the Infiniti 'M'! The rear, especially, resembles the Kizashi. That spoiler I tell you!
I didn't notice that one initially but now I too agree now! The rear end of the M and Kizashi look very similar
designersf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2011, 23:16   #28
Senior - BHPian

Default Infiniti ???

We (me and my 2 boys(aged 7 & 10)) were driving down the NH 45 last week and this is what we spotted, full credit to the 2 kids, actually they are sure it is the infiniti SUV that is supposed to be launched in India. I do not know, I had not heard of this, but they are absolutely sure it is the infiniti. What are your thoughts ? Here are the pics.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2011, 23:18   #29
BHPian

Default Re: Infiniti ???

Where are the pics John?.. :-)
Ford_madhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2011, 23:50   #30
Senior - BHPian

Pardon, but where are the pics?
Eager to see 'em.