Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 22nd March 2006, 20:55   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofreak
these races are coslty ......10k for a weekend...............
Hello brother !! its 10K per day and 20K per weekend.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2006, 09:47   #32

let the guys get there[sic] own car

Of course you can....enter in the esteem class. The season starts in June.
fire_fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2015, 14:51   #33
BHPian

Default Re: Do you want to start racing ?

Just curious, is the FISSME(formula maruti) still a functioning class or has it been phased out?

Are the WSRF people still in business and if yes what are their current contact details
mycarhasablower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2015, 17:05   #34
BHPian

FISSME still runs. Dont know about WSRF
killjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 12:05   #35

Default Need Advice For Starting in Motorsport

Hello,
My name is Sankha and I am one of those guys who is extremely interested in motorsports. In fact, one of the reasons for me to join this forum is because Team-BHP has an active motorsports forum.

Now, I want some advice that would help me to start getting some real motorsport action of my own. Of course, my age and other commitments doesn't permit me to go for professional racing so I am really looking for starting in amateur motorsports.

Now, I don't have the money to participate in the Volkswagen Polo Cup. Plus, I think its for younger guys.

When it comes to low budget amateur motorsports, I have two options infront of me - go for TSD rallying or try out Autocross. Now, there are a few queries and doubts that I have -

. When it comes to TSD, I like the precision part of the sport. But the thing is I have no idea of how can I get a navigator. I could ask my friends, someone might agree, but maybe just for one time. None of my friends are passionate or even interested about motorsports. So, if I am really serious about starting TSD, how can I look for a serious navigator?

. Next up is Autocross. In Autocross, I like the 'speed' part and the fact that its all you and the car. You can't blame your failure on others and if you are successful, it's you alone who have succeeded. I am really interested in the Indian National Autocross Championship. But the fact is, I don't see the championship getting marketed on the same footing as the Raid de Himalaya, or the National Super League TSD. Is it less popular? Does that bring down the quality of competition? I am also a little skeptic about the future. No intention to upset any serious autocross expert, but will the INAC even survive in the coming years?

.Apart from these two, are there any low-budget amateur racing options available? I have a job and a family to provide for, so have to stress on the budget! I would like to engage in an activity where there is competition, a good deal of speed and you are the only one driving. Although, the last part isn't really that much a priority, but I really have this worry that my navigator buddy would ditch me in the last moment! Weird? I know!

. Lastly, I am from Kolkata and we have the Bengal Motorsports Club Here. Is there anyone here who is a member of BMSC and who can tell me about what are my prospects of finding a serious navigator there?

I would really like to thank you for patiently going through my queries and I would be grateful if I can get any help from you regarding these queries. This is my first thread, and I hope I would get good response from you guys. Please help me guys!
Sankha B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 13:07   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

You gotta start somewhere. If TSD events are happening in your region what with that. Autocross Championship is not coming east so unless you are able to go and participate in South or North round nothing you can do about it
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 13:41   #37

Thanks Mr. Sudev for your reply! Frankly, I never thought that such an expert would reply to my first thread. Really sir, its an honor to have you reply to my post.

I can travel to different parts of the country a few times every year. I had planned for that as I know the INAC and most of the famed TSD rallies, like the Raid and the Dakshin Dare happen away from Bengal.

Do you think TSD would a good option for me? What are the things I must have to be competitive in TSD rallies? And of course, I have to ask this, how do I get in touch with a reliable navigator? I know, I might be boring you guys with this question, but I guess for a beginner who is passionate about motorsports but has friends who are least interested in the sport, this is understandable!

Thanks once again for your reply!
Sankha B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2016, 15:07   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

If you can not find a experienced navigator just get a friend to sit with you. Get feel of navigation and connect with like minded people.
sudev is offline   Reply With Quote