Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2011, 22:33   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 46,523
Thanked: 80,180 Times
Default Want to ride shotgun with a rallyist in a Cedia? EDIT - Member Experiences Added

Well, here's your chance.

Mitsubishi invites 15 Team-BHPians to ride alongwith a professional rallyist in a Cedia. It'll be quite an experience to watch the mastery & skill level of a rally driver first-hand.

Only 15 drives available on a first-come-first-serve basis. Drop an email to aalansales@airtelmail.in if you are interested. Venue & other details in the attachment.

Do put up a report for the rest of us to drool on

Name:  Mitsubishi Motors Drive with Rally Driver.jpg
Views: 3147
Size:  128.6 KB

Last edited by GTO : 19th July 2011 at 22:35.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 22:45   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
Klub Class's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: KA17|KL65|KL41
Posts: 3,426
Thanked: 669 Times
Default re: Want to ride shotgun with a rallyist in a Cedia? EDIT - Member Experiences Added

GTO, is there any lower/upper age limit for participating?

PS: How badly I wish I had a driving license.
Klub Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 22:54   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 46,523
Thanked: 80,180 Times
Default re: Want to ride shotgun with a rallyist in a Cedia? EDIT - Member Experiences Added

Klub Klass,

No, no minimum age limit has been specified. Send in your details ASAP!

And why would you need a driving licence? This invite is to be driven around as a passenger.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 22:54   #4
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,410
Thanked: 14,170 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Well, here's your chance.

Mitsubishi invites 15 Team-BHPians to ride alongwith a professional rallyist in a Cedia. It'll be quite an experience to watch the mastery & skill level of a rally driver first-hand.

Only 15 drives available on a first-come-first-serve basis. Drop an email to aalansales@airtelmail.in if you are interested. Venue & other details in the attachment.

Do put up a report for the rest of us to drool on

<img src="http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=579553"/>
Isn't it for day after tomorrow? Why such short notice? I think only coimbatore guys will be able to join.

Sorry if I have got the date wrong. Browsing from mobile.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 19th July 2011 at 22:57.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 23:30   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
Klub Class's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: KA17|KL65|KL41
Posts: 3,426
Thanked: 669 Times
Default re: Want to ride shotgun with a rallyist in a Cedia? EDIT - Member Experiences Added

Please excuse me for post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Send in your details ASAP!
Well. My parents turned down my proposal without even thinking twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Sorry if I have got the date wrong. Browsing from mobile.
You've NOT got the date wrong.
Klub Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 23:44   #6
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,423
Thanked: 6,347 Times
Default re: Want to ride shotgun with a rallyist in a Cedia? EDIT - Member Experiences Added

Can anyone point out how to reach this place from Palakkad? I tried google maps, heck the place [Eichanari] itself doesn't pull up ! Since the time line is way too short, unless I get proper directions, it would not be wise to go there I guess!
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011, 01:01   #7
Distinguished - BHPian
 
dhanushs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bathery/BLR
Posts: 3,406
Thanked: 3,930 Times
Default re: Want to ride shotgun with a rallyist in a Cedia? EDIT - Member Experiences Added

I'll be there in CBE on 21'st (Not sure about the specific place though). Lets see if they accept my request.

dhanushs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011, 11:42   #8
BHPian
 
DieselAddikt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 434
Thanked: 273 Times
Default re: Want to ride shotgun with a rallyist in a Cedia? EDIT - Member Experiences Added

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Can anyone point out how to reach this place from Palakkad? I tried google maps, heck the place [Eichanari] itself doesn't pull up ! Since the time line is way too short, unless I get proper directions, it would not be wise to go there I guess!
I believe Eichanari is a place very near to Karpagam Engineering College. IIRC, that place where the engineering college is located is called Eichanari. So you can proceed to that place via L&T bypass. No need to enter Coimbatore city. Go straight via the bypass and you will reach the place after a 5 minutes drive.

Wish I could go. :(
DieselAddikt is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011, 11:58   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
Gansan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,417
Thanked: 860 Times
Default re: Want to ride shotgun with a rallyist in a Cedia? EDIT - Member Experiences Added

^^I think there is a famous (Mariamman) temple there, so it should not be difficult to find.
Gansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011, 12:12   #10
BHPian
 
smrtdvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 228
Thanked: 65 Times
Default re: Want to ride shotgun with a rallyist in a Cedia? EDIT - Member Experiences Added

+1 to DieselAddikt. Gansan It's not mariamman temple but a vinayagar temple

Its quiet easy to find guys. Just take a left at the 2nd junction in L & T Bypass and drive 600 mts or so. Hope this helps.

Fellow BHPians can call me for any help in coimbatore. Just PM if you need my number.
smrtdvl is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011, 12:57   #11
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,423
Thanked: 6,347 Times
Default re: Want to ride shotgun with a rallyist in a Cedia? EDIT - Member Experiences Added

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
I'll be there in CBE on 21'st (Not sure about the specific place though). Lets see if they accept my request.
I got a confirmation from them. Along with that they said, "please come early so that you are not left out as we will entertain only the first 15 participants" !! Whats the point in confirmation then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
I believe Eichanari is a place very near to Karpagam Engineering College. IIRC, that place where the engineering college is located is called Eichanari. So you can proceed to that place via L&T bypass. No need to enter Coimbatore city. Go straight via the bypass and you will reach the place after a 5 minutes drive.

Wish I could go. :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
+1 to DieselAddikt. Gansan It's not mariamman temple but a vinayagar temple

Its quiet easy to find guys. Just take a left at the 2nd junction in L & T Bypass and drive 600 mts or so. Hope this helps.
Guess both of you are right. "Klub Class" talked to "HVK" and sent me the below details.

Quote:
it is Ichanari, which is a famous temple on the outskirts of Coimbatore. When you are coming from Palakkad on NH47, take the Coimbatore bypass and turn towards Coimbatore at the Pollachi road intersection. It is hardly 1 km off the bypass. Anyone will tell you where the temple is, you can;t miss it, very well-known
Thought this might help someone else who wants to know the route and hence pasting it here. Will check with the guy from the organizing team and update this thread if anything is there.

Edit:: Talked to Mr. Balaji [098947 10108] and confirmed the place is near Ichanari [Eichanari] Vinayagar Temple. I was asked to report around 3 PM for the event. So the routes provided above are good. Thanks a lot guys ! Will dish out a report once I am back. Not sure whether there is much to expect, so I am going with a neutral mind and gonna enjoy whatever comes my way.

Edit 2:: Pasting the google map route info provided by smrtdvl.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Pa...ww&mra=ls&z=11

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 20th July 2011 at 13:16.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011, 13:45   #12
BHPian
 
Ride_4_Fortune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 83
Thanked: 10 Times
Default re: Want to ride shotgun with a rallyist in a Cedia? EDIT - Member Experiences Added

For Eichanari, when you come from Avinashi towards Palakkd on the L&T bypass, look for the sign board for Madurai, Pollachi direction. Take the right turn at that Sign board. Within 100mts you will Eichanri temple. Left turn takes you to Pollachi, Udumalaipet and Palani.
Ride_4_Fortune is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011, 15:25   #13
BHPian
 
krazydriver84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kolkata + Gurgaon
Posts: 427
Thanked: 42 Times
Default re: Want to ride shotgun with a rallyist in a Cedia? EDIT - Member Experiences Added

Congratulations guys.

Please post a detailed review of the event with excess of pics.
krazydriver84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 17:08   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
Klub Class's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: KA17|KL65|KL41
Posts: 3,426
Thanked: 669 Times
Default re: Want to ride shotgun with a rallyist in a Cedia? EDIT - Member Experiences Added

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Well. My parents turned down my proposal without even thinking twice.
After detailed discussions, my parents granted me the permission to attend the event with me dad's friend.

But, my excitement was short lived. The folks at Mitsubishi denied my request stating that they can't entertain me because of the age-barrier. YES, you need to be at least 18 year old to attend this event.

Now the only thing I can do to make myself happy is to wait for the reports of swiftnfurious and dhanushs, with drool worthy images!
Klub Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 17:20   #15
Senior - BHPian
 
clevermax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tvm/Amsterdam
Posts: 1,565
Thanked: 359 Times
Default re: Want to ride shotgun with a rallyist in a Cedia? EDIT - Member Experiences Added

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
After detailed discussions, my parents granted me the permission to attend the event with me dad's friend.

But, my excitement was short lived. The folks at Mitsubishi denied my request stating that they can't entertain me because of the age-barrier. YES, you need to be at least 18 year old to attend this event.

Now the only thing I can do to make myself happy is to wait for the reports of swiftnfurious and dhanushs, with drool worthy images!
Now your avatar picture really matches with your state of mind

Sad to hear this. Waiting for pictures & videos from those who attended.

Last edited by clevermax : 21st July 2011 at 17:21.
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
@ Bangalore : Ride shotgun with a Rally Driver for 500 bucks GTO Indian Motorsport 17 31st January 2014 01:06
Cedia Spirit relaunched as cedia sports basic at Rs. 9,30,000 sidindica The Indian Car Scene 42 4th August 2010 00:16
Got my Sweet machine (Cedia Sports). EDIT : Pics added on Page 2 visu03 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 64 14th February 2010 00:02
Need help - Cedia, SX4, Optra or ANHC ? EDIT : The Cedia it is! kartho Sedans 59 23rd November 2009 13:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:00.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks