Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 16th February 2006, 16:54   #1
BHPian

Default Kart and Race school progammes - Double A Racing

The racing season for 2006 looks promising. In this promising start we have a new venture and that new venture is Double A Racing. It’s a new team but with the same head and that head is none other than Akbar Ebrahim.

Double A Racing has a very powerful background to it. It primarily stands for Armaan & Akbar. Two very powerful individuals in the Indian and International racing arena. Akbar Ebrahim will be the Team Principal while Armaan Ebrahim, India’s hottest upcoming racing property will be available for guidance when he has a break from his International racing assignments.

PD Sathyanaraynan will head the engineering department for all the cars and he will have well trained mechanics at his disposal to service all the cars and drivers. The team is being kitted with all the latest tools and equipment to ensure that it delivers maximum satisfaction and performance to its drivers.

The following drivers have driven under the guidance of Akbar Ebrahim and their achievements are highlighted as under :

NARAIN KARTHEKEYAN: F1, World Series Nissan, F3, Vauxhall Lotus, Formula Ford, Formula Maruti.

PARTHIV SURESHWAREN : F3 Scholarship, Formula Asia, Formula Maruti.

KARUN CHANDHOK : A1 GP, World Series Renault, F3, Formula Asia, Formula Maruti.

ARMAAN EBRAHIM : A1 GP, Formula BMW, Formula LGB, Rotax Max Asia, Rotax World Finals, Formula BMW World Finals.

ASIF NAZIR : Formula Asia, Formula Maruti.

SAROSH HATARIA : Formula Asia, Formula LGB, Formula Maruti.

NARAIN SATHYANARAYNAN : Formula Asia, Formula Maruti.

KAUSHEK HARITA : Formula Asia, Formula Maruti.

RAYOMAND BANAJEE : Formula LGB, Formula Maruti, Rotax World Finals.

AMEYA WALAVALKAR : Formula LGB, Asian Rotax Karting.

The above names are those who have gone on to win a National Championship or raced Internationally. The names of several others not mentioned in no way demeans their credentials.

The year 2005 has been a very good year for Indian Motorsport and for the 2 Indian drivers, namely Narain Karthekeyan and Armaan Ebrahim making it to the big league. There have been a record number of events conducted in India and by the looks of it 2006 looks even better.

From the year 2006 onwards all the Kart and Race car training programmes will be conducted by me under the banner of Double A Racing.

The Rotax Karting programmes will be in association with LG Sports in Coimbatore and the Racing programmes will be in Coimbatore as well as in Chennai.

The first Racing school programme will be conducted in Coimbatore at the Kari Motor Speedway on the 17th,18th & 19th of February 2006.The cars that will be used are the Formula LGB 1300cc racing cars. For those who are interested in this 3 dayprogrammes, please do mail Rasheed Khan at asbmanagement@yahoo.co.in and he will forward you all the details. The cost of this 3 day programme will be Rs 30000 payable by DD in advance to ASB Management & Consultancy Services Pvt Ltd. This does not include your stay, travel and food.

It includes the Coaching fee, FLGB race car, Theory and Practical on the race track, Fitness training and Mental Approach to Racing.

The Rotax Kart training programme will be conducted in Coimbatore on the 17th ,18th and 19th of March 2006.The fee for this programme will be Rs 15000 for 3 days. Please do contact Rasheed at asbmanagement@yahoo.co.in

There will also be an Advanced Training Programme for racing drivers. This will be for those who have already been to the Basic School programmes conducted by LG Sports. This will be sometime in April 2006.

This year in the JK Tyre National Racing Championship, it is proposed to have 3 classes of Single Seater Racing and details of this will be mailed to all of you by the 10th of January 2006.

Double A Racing will be running its own racing and karting team in 2006 and those interested in being part of the team to race either in the karting championship or the racing championship may again contact Rasheed at the above given mail id or on the following numbers :

Office : 91 44 42125139 / 91 44 42125140
Mobile : 91 98409 40601

Last edited by varun_patra : 16th February 2006 at 16:57.
varun_patra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2006, 18:43   #2
BHPian

People in Bombay specially and other cities can contact me on 9833578040 for any further DETAILED information on the camps . The next RACING CAMP WILL BE IN APRIL (MID-APRIL) .

If there are any quaries or questions regarding the schools ... I.e - The specifications of karts or cars , What will the trainers teach you , enrollment quaries .... etc , etc .

Last edited by varun_patra : 16th February 2006 at 18:45.
Old 17th February 2006, 02:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Mclaren might be interested in this one...Any sponsors for him??
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2006, 05:22   #4

any such programmes lined up for future in northern part like delhi?
the real Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2006, 11:20   #5
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Mclaren might be interested in this one...Any sponsors for him??
Yes i am .. Dont think i can make it unless i get a sponsor , finances already held up with my future build ..
For the moment i think i might have to stick to track day and the FISSME's ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 17th February 2006 at 11:25.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2006, 11:29   #6
Team-BHP Support

Mclaren, I'd suggest spending the money on a racing school such as this and then saving up for any builds or further trackdays. The amount you will learn in just 5 days will change the way you drive, both on and off the circuit.
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2006, 11:37   #7
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Mclaren, I'd suggest spending the money on a racing school such as this and then saving up for any builds or further trackdays. The amount you will learn in just 5 days will change the way you drive, both on and off the circuit.
Yes RT i agree to ur point .. But the problem being that the family has no ride as of now with the zen incident .. So we need a car for daily commute .. So all my money is stuck up for that (buying a 2nd hand , hence the need for a build given the budget i have) .. Will keep in mind ur advise , and see what i can do .. Thanks once again ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 17th February 2006 at 11:39.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2006, 01:24   #8
BHPian

DOUBLE A Racing in association with LG Sports will be conducting the ADVANCED RACING SCHOOL at the Kari Motor Speedway, Coimbatore on the 24th, 25th and 26th of March 2006.

The course is applicable only to those who have already taken part in the JK Tyre National Racing Championship (or) for those who have attended the BASIC 3 day Racing School programme conducted by LG Sports Pvt Ltd.

A maximum of 10 participants will be allowed to take part in this programme on a first come first serve basis. This is to ensure maximum time for each under the supervision of Akbar Ebrahim.

The 3 day programme will deal with the following subjects :

1) Introduction to the programme and an overview of the activity chart for the 3 days.
2) Batching of 2 drivers per car with similar weights.
3) Seat and belt fitting.
4) Basic alignment set up on all cars with driver weighing.
5) Session of 5 laps for each driver to establish a base reference time in the car and sort out any minor problems with the car.
6) Theory on Advanced Braking techniques and gear shifts.
7) Practical on Advanced Braking techniques and gear shifts.
8) Review of the above with the Instructor.
9) Theory on different lines into each corner.
10) Practical on different lines into corners.
11) Review of the above with the Instructor.
12) Theory on tyres, tyre temperatures and tyre pressures.
13) Practical on different tyre temperatures and pressures and car behaviour.
14) Theory on damping and springing.
15) Practical on different spring set ups and damping set ups.
16) Theory on the mechanical set up of the car.
17) Practical on the behavior of the car with different mechanical set up’s.
18) Theory on understanding of Split times.
19) Practical on split times for each lap.
20) Review of the above.
21) Practical on correction of the above.
22) Theory on Defensive driving techniques.
23) Practical on Defensive driving techniques with the Instructor.
24) Theory on overtaking maneuvers.
25) Practical on the above with the Instructor.
26) Practical on GOING FASTER.
27) Practical on Race situation consistency.
28) Practical on Safety car situations.
29) Practical on Marshall flag signals and accident situations.
30) Theory on qualifying.
31) Practical on qualifying.
32) Theory on Race starts.
33) Practical on Race starts.
34) Fitness test with a highly qualified fitness instructor.
35) Send off Dinner.

The fee for this Advanced Training programme will be Rs 50,000 per head payable by DD to ASB Management & Consultancy Services Pvt Ltd.

The above includes Hotel stay for 4 nights, dinner for 4 days, lunch and tea for 3 days and breakfast for 3 days. It also includes transportation to the track and hotel for the 3 days.

Accident damage costs up to a maximum of Rs 5000 is also included in the above fee.

Marshall’s will be available for the full course programme.

Last date for confirmations to be received will be the 15th of March 2006.