Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2011, 20:38   #31
Newbie
 
aravind kannan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: bangalore
Posts: 17
Thanked: 3 Times
Thumbs up re: Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards

Just after this year’s Singapore Grand Prix, F1 driver Lewis Hamilton will arrive into Bangalore, India to take part in a promotional event organized by Vodafone, who happen to the principal sponsors of the Mclaren F1 team. At Bangalore’s NICE(Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprise) road, which like its name suggests is one of the nicest stretch of tarmac in the Garden City, Hamilton will wow audiences by performing “stunts” in a Mclaren F1 car.
This event is scheduled to take place for just 20 minutes after which Hamilton, will head back to prepare for his next F1 Grand Prix. To give you a gist of what to expect at the event, a Mclaren F1 Car piloted by Lewis Hamilton will accelerate and decelerate furiously on a straight stretch of the NICE road culminating in a spectacular burn out. For all those of you anticipating “stunts” in an F1 car, burnouts will perhaps be the only stunt that will be performed at the event.
Any which ways, the sheer drama of an F1 car accelerating and decelerating furiously should be reason enough for you to line up and witness this spectacle that will unfold on the 27th Septmeber at Bangalore. Well, here’s another twist in the tale. The organizers plan to limit the audience to only 300 “hand picked” F1 racing enthusiasts which only means that the common man will not get to go anywhere near, let along see Hamilton’s Mclaren F1 car.
For the rest of the common folks who’d be interested to catch a glimpse of the Mclaren F1 car, you need to head to the Mantri Mall in Malleswaram, Bangalore, where a replica of the Mclaren F1 car will be displayed.

Source - Vodafone to fly down Lewis Hamilton to wow Bangalore in an F1 car on the 27th September! | IndianCarsBikes.in
aravind kannan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 16:27   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
arun_josie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,211
Thanked: 3,931 Times
Default re: Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards

I sent the message from my airtel number now and got the confirmation immediately. I think this might be a auto response.
If it is near the bannerghatta road intersection then I would say that the unused part should be around 200M or less only. Not sure how they will manage the crowd.
arun_josie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 18:27   #33
BHPian
 
sajands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 827
Thanked: 133 Times
Default re: Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind kannan View Post
Just after this year’s Singapore Grand Prix, F1 driver Lewis Hamilton will arrive into Bangalore, India to take part in a promotional event organized by Vodafone, who happen to the principal sponsors of the Mclaren F1 team. At Bangalore’s NICE(Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprise) road, which like its name suggests is one of the nicest stretch of tarmac in the Garden City, Hamilton will wow audiences by performing “stunts” in a Mclaren F1 car.
This event is scheduled to take place for just 20 minutes after which Hamilton, will head back to prepare for his next F1 Grand Prix. To give you a gist of what to expect at the event, a Mclaren F1 Car piloted by Lewis Hamilton will accelerate and decelerate furiously on a straight stretch of the NICE road culminating in a spectacular burn out. For all those of you anticipating “stunts” in an F1 car, burnouts will perhaps be the only stunt that will be performed at the event.
Any which ways, the sheer drama of an F1 car accelerating and decelerating furiously should be reason enough for you to line up and witness this spectacle that will unfold on the 27th Septmeber at Bangalore. Well, here’s another twist in the tale. The organizers plan to limit the audience to only 300 “hand picked” F1 racing enthusiasts which only means that the common man will not get to go anywhere near, let along see Hamilton’s Mclaren F1 car.
For the rest of the common folks who’d be interested to catch a glimpse of the Mclaren F1 car, you need to head to the Mantri Mall in Malleswaram, Bangalore, where a replica of the Mclaren F1 car will be displayed.

Source - Vodafone to fly down Lewis Hamilton to wow Bangalore in an F1 car on the 27th September! | IndianCarsBikes.in
300 hand picked people, does it mean those who reach the venue first get selected or is there a separate contest or process for this??

-Sajan.
sajands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 18:32   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
TheARUN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,272
Thanked: 490 Times
Default re: Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards

I have a BSNL connection, sent a Message, it cost me 2 Rupees and I got the Invite!
TheARUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 19:09   #35
BHPian
 
rangakishen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Gothenburg
Posts: 200
Thanked: 87 Times
Default re: Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards

Okay guys!! Lot of speculation as to only 300 people or not.

In any case I'm going to go. I'm pretty sure many of you are going to turn up as well!! So how about a colour code?

Say, BLACK or BLUE trousers and WHITE OR BLUE shirts??
rangakishen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2011, 14:51   #36
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 170
Thanked: 96 Times
Default re: Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards

Saw this Replica Picture in Super Cars and Bikes in Bangalore | Facebook which is displayed in mantri mall i will try going tomorrow and get some pictures
Attached Images
 
Sportygellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2011, 15:11   #37
BHPian
 
gtonsing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 289
Thanked: 66 Times
Default re: Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangakishen View Post
...... BLACK or BLUE trousers and WHITE OR BLUE shirts??
What about Blue jeans and Black T-Shirts?
gtonsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2011, 17:03   #38
BHPian
 
rangakishen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Gothenburg
Posts: 200
Thanked: 87 Times
Default re: Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
What about Blue jeans and Black T-Shirts?
We need more people to pitch in!! Anything is fine with me!!
rangakishen is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2011, 17:09   #39
BHPian
 
sajands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 827
Thanked: 133 Times
Default re: Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangakishen View Post
We need more people to pitch in!! Anything is fine with me!!
Count me in can we all meet up and go as a group maybe that way we can part of the lucky 300
sajands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2011, 09:21   #40
BHPian
 
devrajman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 504
Thanked: 116 Times
Default re: Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards

Half of young men wear blue jeans and black t-shirts!

We need to be little different like Yellow Pants and Red Shirts!!

Jokes apart, we can do blue jeans and red or blue or green t-shirts?
devrajman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2011, 09:32   #41
BHPian
 
gtonsing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 289
Thanked: 66 Times
Default re: Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards

Mods might want to think about making available T-BHP T-shirts/Caps etc for random events like this.I am sure most of us will buy them. How cool would it be if we had a funky, cool, nicely designed T-shirt to identify us in a crowd - like this and the other moto-auto related events?

Now a quick glance at this post and I have to start a list, so here it is :-
1.arun_josie
2.sing1234
3.sajands
4.TheARUN
5.rangakishen
6.devrajman
7.gtonsing
8.
9.
10.
Please add further
gtonsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2011, 11:37   #42
BHPian
 
rangakishen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Gothenburg
Posts: 200
Thanked: 87 Times
Default re: Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
Mods might want to think about making available T-BHP T-shirts/Caps etc for random events like this.I am sure most of us will buy them. How cool would it be if we had a funky, cool, nicely designed T-shirt to identify us in a crowd - like this and the other moto-auto related events?
We should put this in the "T-bhp adice from Bhpians thread"!! Mods hope you plan something!!
rangakishen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2011, 14:59   #43
BHPian
 
sajands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 827
Thanked: 133 Times
Default re: Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangakishen View Post
We should put this in the "T-bhp adice from Bhpians thread"!! Mods hope you plan something!!
There is a thread on T-Bhp T-Shirts and Caps discussed some where in Shifting Gears.

-Sajan
sajands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2011, 15:00   #44
BHPian
 
sajands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 827
Thanked: 133 Times
Default re: Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
Mods might want to think about making available T-BHP T-shirts/Caps etc for random events like this.I am sure most of us will buy them. How cool would it be if we had a funky, cool, nicely designed T-shirt to identify us in a crowd - like this and the other moto-auto related events?

Now a quick glance at this post and I have to start a list, so here it is :-
1.arun_josie
2.sing1234
3.sajands
4.TheARUN
5.rangakishen
6.devrajman
7.gtonsing
8.
9.
10.
Please add further
List looks good, i am sure more will follow in, can we share numbers so that we can coordinate and what time and where do we all meet up???
Does anyone have an update on from which side should we be and which part of NICE road is this taking place?

-Sajan

Last edited by sajands : 23rd September 2011 at 15:15. Reason: forgot to add another line
sajands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2011, 18:50   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
arun_josie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,211
Thanked: 3,931 Times
Default re: Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
List looks good, i am sure more will follow in, can we share numbers so that we can coordinate and what time and where do we all meet up???
Does anyone have an update on from which side should we be and which part of NICE road is this taking place?

-Sajan
There is some work going on in Bannerghatta road-NICE road junction. From this junction you will have to take left(NICE Road) towards electronic city and after 50M take "U" turn. There is some unused part of this road and I think this event will happen here because they have put up some tents here. I can confirm this by tomorrow. Hope it is not for something else :-)
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lewis Hamilton drives the McLaren Mercedes MP4-27 at BKC, Mumbai. Report on Page 3 darklord Super-Cars & Imports in India 48 21st September 2012 21:46
I got home the Xylo E6! UPDATE: Pics & 3000kms report (post #106 onwards) vinayrathore Long-Term Ownership Reviews 281 27th December 2011 16:58
Report & Pics : Lewis Hamilton at Chennai's MMSC track nitrous Indian Motorsport 36 24th April 2011 00:51
Red Bull F1 car @ Bandra Worli Sealink in Mumbai. UPDATE: Report & Videos pg7 onwards Dippy Int'l Motorsport 150 2nd November 2009 12:41
August 07 Track Day: Report & pics - pg 15 onwards v1p3r Indian Motorsport 296 23rd August 2007 21:18


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:37.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks