Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2006, 16:08   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,042
Thanked: 95 Times
Default Mumbai Speedrun '06 - Post Race de-brief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Indian Class - Forced Induction/NOS - 1401-1600cc
  1. Chiraj Kapadia Zen 1600 Cc 1.085 15.334
How did a zen get into a manufacturers class or does the change of rules allow for engine swaps based on CC, allowing a zen to race in this class.

I thought that this car would go into the Indian Open due to a engine swap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Stuart Neil Lima Mitsubishi Lancer 1.179 15.338
I need to get trained by the tuner of this car .


Mod Note: Thread Split

Last edited by Rtech : 27th February 2006 at 16:49.
Psycho is offline  
Old 27th February 2006, 16:14   #2
BHPian
 
cinclaturbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 185
Thanked: 72 Times
Default

Psycho u just saved me 2 minutes....i was typing out the same thing..when ur post appeared.
cinclaturbo is offline  
Old 27th February 2006, 16:27   #3
Team-BHP Support
 
Rtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,769
Thanked: 207 Times
Default

Quote:
How did a zen get into a manufacturers class or does the change of rules allow for engine swaps based on CC, allowing a zen to race in this class.
What is a manufacturers class? Never heard of it! Classes are not bases on any particular model of car, they just had to be an Indian car/engine.

Quote:
That prostock 15.3sec lancer is faster than almost all other forced induction indian cars
Surprised quite a few people. Was scrutineered after the race and everything was OK though.

Last edited by Rtech : 27th February 2006 at 16:33.
Rtech is offline  
Old 27th February 2006, 16:33   #4
BHPian
 
cinclaturbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 185
Thanked: 72 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
What is a manufacturers class? Never heard of it! Classes are not bases on any particular model of car, they just had to be an Indian car/engine.
Does this mean any indian production car having a indian engine can run in these classes as long they meet the required regulations and are within the cc limit.

Thus far at all drags held ....this type of cars would have to run in the ind open.
Only car with their oe engine block,head & gearbox would be allowed to run in cc classes.

Is this rule applicable for all the 4 rounds of speedrun.?
cinclaturbo is offline  
Old 27th February 2006, 16:45   #5
Team-BHP Support
 
Rtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,769
Thanked: 207 Times
Default

There is a bit of confusion on this it seems and looks like it has to be better clarified before the next round.

However, for this round, the regs simply stated that the engine & gearbox must be Indian. It did not specifiy that, for example, a Zen could only run with the engine it is supplied with.

I would imagine that this should be a regulation for the Pro-stock class, but not any other class. I will open a seperate thread for people's comments on the drag and how it can be further fine tuned. Kinda like a de-brief. Lets not mix up this thread.
Rtech is offline  
Old 27th February 2006, 16:49   #6
BHPian
 
cinclaturbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 185
Thanked: 72 Times
Default

cool.

can u move the last few posts as well into that thread.
Thanks.
cinclaturbo is offline  
Old 27th February 2006, 17:02   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,042
Thanked: 95 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
However, for this round, the regs simply stated that the engine & gearbox must be Indian. It did not specifiy that, for example, a Zen could only run with the engine it is supplied with.
1) Well if that is the case then a ezen class itself would not be required. You can effectively run the ezen in the 1100 - 1400 CC class. Now that gets really confusing.

2) So you are saying if a zen comes in with a skoda RS engine it would also be allowed in the 1600 - 2000 CC class

3) Another clarification as the RS is already a turbo car and is considered production can it also use an additional Forced Induction method without any penalty's.
Psycho is offline  
Old 27th February 2006, 17:20   #8
Team-BHP Support
 
Rtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,769
Thanked: 207 Times
Default

Quote:
1) Well if that is the case then a ezen class itself would not be required. You can effectively run the ezen in the 1100 - 1400 CC class. Now that gets really confusing.
Ezen class is not required, but its there as ACI wanted it in.

Quote:
2) So you are saying if a zen comes in with a skoda RS engine it would also be allowed in the 1600 - 2000 CC class
Well, if you go by the regs for Mumbai, yes, that would have been allowed. Hindsight is always 20:20 and regulations are always evolving with more experience gained.

Quote:
3) Another clarification as the RS is already a turbo car and is considered production can it also use an additional Forced Induction method without any penalty's.
That was clarified in a bulletin stating that only ONE could be used - either TC or Nitrous. The word "aftermarket" was removed.
Rtech is offline  
Old 28th February 2006, 13:11   #9
BHPian
 
kooldude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Charlotte,North Carolina
Posts: 283
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho
How did a zen get into a manufacturers class or does the change of rules allow for engine swaps based on CC, allowing a zen to race in this class.

I thought that this car would go into the Indian Open due to a engine swap.


I need to get trained by the tuner of this car .


Mod Note: Thread Split
bro according to a source this car was stock and had the best reaction time that's why he won
kooldude is offline  
Old 28th February 2006, 13:26   #10
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

RTech another doubt here :

1. To determine the class winners do u add up the reaction times (RTs) to the runtimes (timed from start to finish) and then declare the winners or are the winners declared purely on the runtime basis excluding the RT's..
2. What exactly does ET (elapsed time) mean ???

mclaren1885 is offline  
Old 28th February 2006, 13:27   #11
Team-BHP Support
 
Rtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,769
Thanked: 207 Times
Default

your source is wrong about the reaction time. However please stick with the topic here. This is not to discuss what the cars were running etc. but to put down suggestions on things to improve the run.
Rtech is offline  
Old 28th February 2006, 13:34   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,042
Thanked: 95 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooldude
bro according to a source this car was stock and had the best reaction time that's why he won
Sorry offtopic --- I did not see Rtech's post however, mods if you want to delete this please do---

Stuart Neil Lima Mitsubishi Lancer 1.179 15.338

Well the numbers do the talking themselves, the car could not be stock, if it was then I am drunk as I am typing this as there is no way an Indian Lancer with the Indian engine could pull this off Naturally Aspirated. If it has been done then I have been humbled, however I need proof that an Indian lancer can pull off times as good as these.

Last edited by Psycho : 28th February 2006 at 13:37.
Psycho is offline  
Old 28th February 2006, 13:36   #13
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 628
Thanked: Once
Default

How about moving from classification according to CC to doing a drag according to what TIMES the cars actually do.. for example.. if you say you have a 12.xx second car and you go under 12 seconds.. then your disqualified.. but if you go over.. no problem.. what do you guys think?
2L8uLoose is offline  
Old 28th February 2006, 13:39   #14
Team-BHP Support
 
Rtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,769
Thanked: 207 Times
Default

Quote:
How about moving from classification according to CC to doing a drag according to what TIMES the cars actually do
Exactly. I was hoping one of the "tuners" would say this though. This way you do away with classifications and the accusations of cheating etc.

This also makes it easier to specify safety for each class.

However, then you have the problem of people not knowing how fast their cars are, so what do you do about that!! Chicken and egg situation here!
Rtech is offline  
Old 28th February 2006, 13:41   #15
Senior - BHPian
 
Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,042
Thanked: 95 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Exactly. I was hoping one of the "tuners" would say this though. This way you do away with classifications and the accusations of cheating etc.

This also makes it easier to specify safety for each class.

However, then you have the problem of people not knowing how fast their cars are, so what do you do about that!! Chicken and egg situation here!
This sounds so much like bracket racing, and I do not think India is ready for it yet.
Psycho is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mumbai–Gurgaon–Agra–Ranthombore–Mumbai-A brief Account netarchie Travelogues 4 4th December 2006 12:49
Official Thread :Mumbai Speedrun '06 report, pics, video!! Time-sheets on Pg 4 & 10 nitrous Indian Motorsport 216 8th May 2006 22:48
ACI Speedrun '06, Mumbai: Regs / Questions / Info Rtech Indian Motorsport 42 22nd March 2006 22:30
Confirmed: Mumbai SpeedRun postponed further to 19th/20th Feb Dippy Indian Motorsport 95 18th February 2005 23:24
Queries: Mumbai SpeedRun '05 Tom Indian Motorsport 15 10th February 2005 08:19


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:29.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks