| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|24th September 2011, 09:20||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2004
Thanked: 80,286 Times
Gulf Dirt Track National Championship 2011
- The country’s best two-wheeler riders will be seen in action in the opening round of the Gulf Dirt Track National Championship 2011.
- The Gulf Dirt Track series has, this year, been accorded National status by the FMSCI and will be called as Gulf Dirt Track National Championship - A Round Of FMSCI Championship 2011.
- To be conducted by Mumbai’s Sportscraft, the first of four rounds will be held in Jodhpur on October 1st and 2nd, 2011 at Polo Ground.
- The other rounds have been fixed for November 12-13 (Round 2), December 22-23 (Round 3) and December 24 (Round 4), though the venues for the same have yet to be finalized.
- Points garnered by the riders over the four rounds will determine the National champion.
- For those unfamiliar with the event, dirt track racing is where riders, after a mass start, speed around a serpentine track, often slushy at places, looking to cross the finish first. The race is an exercise in judicious maneuvering and good balance of the bike around the many sharp bends.
- Bangalore-based TVS riders Pramod Joshua, H.K Pradeep and R. Natraj are likely to be the main contenders in the Indian Expert class for foreign motorcycles. To challenge them will be Shamim Khan & Vineeth Kurup from Nasik.
- The closing date for standard entries is September 22 and for late September 27. The Supplementary Rules and the entry form are posted on Welcome to Sportscraft
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|35th National Arm Wrestling Championship-2011.||hellletloose||Shifting gears||4||11th June 2011 20:43|
|Kingfiher dirt track race at cochin April 17-18||georgev||Indian Motorsport||0||16th April 2010 13:43|
|JK tyre National racing championship||rranjith_kum||Indian Motorsport||0||10th September 2006 20:34|
|Gulf Dirt Track National Championship - Chennai : 22-23 July 2006||mail4ajo||Indian Motorsport||3||13th July 2006 13:59|
|MRF-MAI National Karting Championship||Rtech||Indian Motorsport||2||15th October 2004 19:19|