Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 10th January 2005, 21:56   #16
BHPian

yup. worked this time... tried it before but did not work.. cool pics..
z klasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2005, 22:02   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hey good pics, rtech!! waiting for more!!
shravan316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2005, 22:04   #18
Senior - BHPian

is that Mariwala's Mugen Honda?!??! coz I've heard there is only one Mugen Honda and that belongs to Mariwala. But whats he doing in a drag??
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2005, 22:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
is that Mariwala's Mugen Honda?!??! coz I've heard there is only one Mugen Honda and that belongs to Mariwala. But whats he doing in a drag??
Same thing the others were doing, I suppose, either watching or taking part.
ported_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2005, 22:22   #20
Senior - BHPian

ya but whats he doing in Bangalore?!?!? why would Mariwala go for such drags that too in Bangalore??!?! is it really his Mugen??!
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2005, 23:14   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
ya but whats he doing in Bangalore?!?!? why would Mariwala go for such drags that too in Bangalore??!?! is it really his Mugen??!
that is not mariwala's mugen. His is gold color... I have driven the car. It is pretty fast. He does not take part in drag races. That is another mugen car.
z klasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2005, 09:11   #22
Team-BHP Support

My two cents from the first day. Met the Cochin team, Anoops, anush, Psycho and shravan

some seious honda's and baleno's. Particularly one from coimbatore with a reprofiled front and elantra lights.

Some serious hondas

This particular one was spectacular as the other one with no paint. Totally stripped and they have converted some panels into fibreglass. These guys are serious, no more of the Phaneesh Murthy doing a sundey drive in a BMW 728

Talking of Beemers, Madans BMW was the most quitest car- whoosh, it just went, licking Mr Singhania's fleet and a 560 Merc (ihink the kick down of that car was too delayed). That car is 4 years old but immaculate

[The BMW is already out of the pic !

The Pug won our hearts, it had oodles of character plus I have a soft spot for them.

Ther car that impressed me the most was the Octy Vrs - it never won in stock form but it was close on the tails of others. If a new version was not on the way, I would have been sitting on St marks road queueing for a new one (make mine black!)

The Merc 560 - well like making your healthfreak of a grandmum race against her 22 year old atheletic grandson - the energy was there but not the power

Looks like I know where my Honda will go when i move on - these guys grab them, drag em and spit them out. The baleno is becoming a serious racer with resle values being what they are along with all that torque, it is a compelling proposition.

There was also an exhibition in stupidity - bespoilered, Greddy stickered cars doing handbrake turns, synchro skids in the field, throwing up dust simultanously along with kids racing bikes over bumps, potholes wothout any helmets. It was quite scary just moving one's car from the parking area to along the race track. Amzingly no accidents happened, I beleive last year 9 bikes smashed into an accent

Last edited by ajmat : 11th January 2005 at 09:14.
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2005, 09:38   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Hey Rtech,

Man the lancer looks GREAT!!! very very very nice!! who is it owned by?
The lancer belongs to J.D. Madhan.. Even the BMW is his..
vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2005, 10:38   #24
BHPian

Some pics i managed on sunday...

On monday, hindu reported that it was narian karthik who was driving this lotus...

I was too scared to take out my camera with all the dust in that place.

Last edited by gkrishn : 11th January 2005 at 10:40.
gkrishn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2005, 10:56   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn

On monday, hindu reported that it was narian karthik who was driving this lotus...

Why do they write such stuff if the aren't sure!!!

Nice pics though!!

Last edited by vinsanity : 11th January 2005 at 10:59.
Old 11th January 2005, 11:20   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
There was also an exhibition in stupidity - bespoilered, Greddy stickered cars doing handbrake turns, synchro skids in the field, throwing up dust simultanously along with kids racing bikes over bumps, potholes wothout any helmets. It was quite scary just moving one's car from the parking area to along the race track. Amzingly no accidents happened, I beleive last year 9 bikes smashed into an accent

Man, it really was irritating.. First of all there was enough and more dust all over us, with that these guys just sprayed dust all over the place.. No accidents, but some came close... There was this lancer and an esteem, both doing 360's and they almost crashed into each other..

A couple of guys were racing bikes and one guy turns back to chk where the other guy was and he almost ran into a santro(doing it's rounds of 360), missed it by a few inches... It definitly was scary as these guys without helmets, riding bikes at that speeds, man guts..
Was really scared for this guys.. Man these guys have no fear of any kinds.. there were around 5 guys on modded CBZ's and pulsars doing back to back races.. It really was scary.. Sometimes cars and bikes were oming from the oppsite side.. Had any of them miscalulated the way the other would go, then things would have really gone bad.. Fortunately none of the guys had any accidents.....

[My friend saw this] One guy asked an ikon guy to stop doing the 360's as lots of dust were flying all over.. The ikon guys goes and gets 5 of his friends and thrashes him up.. (really sad)

There was another guy(an arab dude) on his black getz with golden stickers, guess he was drunk.. He was sitting on the door with his windows down and driving at high speed..... really crazy guys..

God bless these guys.... Still alive cos of their parents prayers I guess....
Old 11th January 2005, 12:12   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Now thats what I call pictures! Thanks Rtech, Ajmat and Gkrishn. Rudra, we keenly await your photographs.

I would give my right hand to see a 560 SEL under hard acceleration, but yes Ajmat...the transmission is very lazy and its not really a car you would want to drag in. Nevertheless great to see a pristine example! Is it for sale?

Another Merc that looks astonishingly good is the white Brabus kitted E Class.

Its surprising I see no tuners marketing their brand on the cars. At the Bombay speedrun, KSMotorsports and others wisely use space on their cars to get the word around. Dont see too much of that in Bangalore.

Bring more pictures on (especially detailed modification snaps)!! Its a field day for the car guys...

GTO

P.S. Baleno STi?
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2005, 12:16   #28
Senior - BHPian

Aah finally rtech's album is visible. Great pictures all of you guys. Did any one take close up pics of that SEL. If yes please post em . The bike album is cool too.

Cheers

Dippy
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2005, 12:16   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rudra, we keenly await your photographs
Hehe GTO, we all know that quantity isn't Rudra's area of expertise. He might click 4-5 snaps but each one off them will be the best you will find.

Rudra, did you get your "Bazooka" zoom for the drag? Hehe

Waiting for your snaps, lets see which one ends up as my XP Wallpaper.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2005, 12:48   #30
Team-BHP Support

Hey guys really sorry. I didn't shoot any pics this time. Please don't take this as an excuse but my camera is currently blocked with some other jobs.

I'll try to be at Mumbai Speedrun with all you guys and get some pics.

Sorry once again
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote