Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Rallying 61 60.40%
Circuit racing 40 39.60%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12th March 2006, 12:39   #31
BHPian

If i get a chance ( Read Money ) i will go Rallying .....
My fav slogan : DIRT IS FOR RALLYING AND TARMAC IS TO GET THERE
But for watching its Circuit racing .... you get a nice view watching all cars together without any dust being thrown up
haryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2006, 21:12   #32
BHPian

Default Rally Better Fun.. PROOF

Subaru Impreza's Spec.

Engine Flat four-cylinder, 16 valve, turbocharged Capacity 1994cc Bore 92.0mm Stroke 75.0mm Engine management Subaru programmable electronic engine management system Power 300bhp @ 5500rpm Torque 60kg-m @ 4000rpm Exhaust system Ceramic coated, lagged with
fire-proof material and aluminium covered. Fitted with two, three-way catalytic converters Turbo charger IHI - with WRC regulation 34mm
restrictor Spark plugs DENSO Fuel tank capacity 80 litres

ransmission Six-speed electro-hydraulic Torque split front/rear: 50/50 Differential Electro-hydraulically controlled Drive system Four-wheel drive Suspension Front MacPherson strut Suspension Rear MacPherson strut with longitudinal and transverse link Shock absorbers Sachs, fully adjustable Brakes: AP Racing 305mm ventilated discs and four-pot calipers front and rear. For asphalt use, front brakes are 366mm ventilated discs with six-pot calipers Steering Power assisted rack and pinion Tyres Pirelli Wheels BBS

Data systems One electronic system controlling engine, transmission and data-logging Driver display LCD colour monitor with eight
selectable data screens Radio equipment Kenwood

Overall length 4425mm Overall width 1800mm Overall height 1390mm Wheelbase 2545mm Car weight 1230kgs (WRC regulation min.)
Now tell me.. after having a Car like Subaru Impreza in rallys who woud like to Take round and round of the same lap again and again.. must be some bored guy for sure.. i personally think in a rally racing is better because there you can test a Drivers Skills at Extreme Levels and also the Cars capibility.. Both over there make importance with ofcourse on what kind of track they are moving on.. Including the Kind of Soil the car is moving on.. the Driver has to make his movings accordingly..
Cheers!!
50paise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2006, 19:25   #33
sAP
BHPian

Cool Depends

Watching: rallies
Doing: circuit

sAP

Last edited by sAP : 16th March 2006 at 19:34.
sAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2006, 04:17   #34
BHPian

Circuit (I'm allergic to dust...hehe)
quicksilvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2006, 17:53   #35

rallying.anyday anytime.the unpredictable nature of the stages and the fact that the cars are some wht close to road production cars just keeps it goin.ultimate motorsports......
drift_or_die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2006, 00:06   #36
Senior - BHPian

Certainly rallying. Its where both man an machine are put to ultimate test. You see many machines breaking down in rallys but less in circuit racing, where its mostly speed that rules. Rally is over different terrains and conditions, hence its more challenging and risky. that gives more adrenaline surges.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2006, 00:27   #37
BHPian

Circuit racing: Why- well for one you race against others. There's one thrill of throwing the car around the circuit and all, But racing against someone, even if its in 2 slow cars together, gives you a rush a thrill, coz you now have to beat the circuit and the other guy.
When i go Karting, its no fun if beat the other guy easily. Then i simply concentrate on trying to improve my time, but when you are racing guys who are the same speed as you thats when the realk fun begins. You cant beat him on outrisght speed, so you have to work to get yourself into a damn good position to overtake or pressure the guy into a mistake, and it could take 3 laps to string that move together.
Love it
Revvhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2006, 02:05   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvhead
Circuit racing: Why- well for one you race against others. There's one thrill of throwing the car around the circuit and all, But racing against someone, even if its in 2 slow cars together, gives you a rush a thrill, coz you now have to beat the circuit and the other guy.
When i go Karting, its no fun if beat the other guy easily. Then i simply concentrate on trying to improve my time, but when you are racing guys who are the same speed as you thats when the realk fun begins. You cant beat him on outrisght speed, so you have to work to get yourself into a damn good position to overtake or pressure the guy into a mistake, and it could take 3 laps to string that move together.
Love it

Well Put! Bumper to bumper racing appeals to me more than trying to beat the clock.
quicksilvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2006, 02:36   #39

Rally, because I own a AWD turbo car.

-Brian
TruPsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 01:26   #40
BHPian

Circuit racing ina Porsche 911 Turbo and Rallying in an Evolution IX.
sujaylahiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2006, 11:09   #41
BHPian

And i'm back for Circuit racing again- why??
Coz i just did it- Yaaaay.
Plus it cost me a lot less than a raaly- which i wanna do too
Revvhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2006, 14:22   #42
BHPian

hello guys,
rallying and circuit racing are totally different thing , both needs different level of skills and patience.....so i am voting for rally racing because it is much more tougher than circuit racing
devsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2006, 20:12   #43
Senior - BHPian

I enjoy both, but circuit racing interests me more.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2006, 20:00   #44
BHPian

Cicuit racing ..because safety standards in our rallying are yet to improve and it will take atleast 15 mins for an ambulance to get to you in rallying ( if yr lucky) whereas in circuit racing should be there in a couple of minutes.
Secondly u have no villagers or animals to hit on circuits , which is a major hazard and can end you tied to a tree for no fault of yours.
bobby jayaram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2006, 20:51   #45
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby jayaram
Cicuit racing ..because safety standards in our rallying are yet to improve and it will take atleast 15 mins for an ambulance to get to you in rallying ( if yr lucky) whereas in circuit racing should be there in a couple of minutes.
Secondly u have no villagers or animals to hit on circuits , which is a major hazard and can end you tied to a tree for no fault of yours.
Very valid points there .. BTW , is this cincla's dad ??
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote