Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 15th December 2011, 19:22   #1
Team-BHP Support

Default Christmas Autocross Event : 25th Dec 2011, Mumbai / Pune

Christmas Autocross Event : 25th Dec 2011, Mumbai / Pune-ams_ax_invite_25122011.jpg

Automission Motorsport brings you Venky’s Christmas Autocross 2011 :
  • Participate, or just come to watch some great Dirt Track Driving
  • Family Saloon Cars, Rally Cars, 4x4s and Race Buggies
  • Over 12 Race Events
  • Demo Drives on the track with expert Rally Drivers
  • Traditional Christmas Lunch and beverages
  • DJs Playing music
  • All Day Event… Bring your kids too!

automission.in@gmail.com

Pradeep Nair – 9769880058/9920332763

Viral Oza – 9322246231

Hansel Crasto – 9892020492

About Automission : Rally School At Khopoli (Report & Pics: New Race Track outside Mumbai at Khopoli (AutoMission Rally School))

Report on previous Autocross : Autocross / Motocross - Feb 2011 (Autocross / Motocross on 4th & 5th Feb, 2011 at AutoMission (Khopoli))

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE :
  • Classes are limited to 10 Vehicles each
  • LAST DATE OF ENTRIES: Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Name:  FMSCI_1.jpg
Views: 1606
Size:  68.2 KB

Name:  FMSCI_2.JPG
Views: 1547
Size:  67.2 KB

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th December 2011 at 10:38. Reason: Changing last date of entries
Rehaan is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2011, 19:51   #2
BANNED

Default Re: Christmas Autocross Event : 25th Dec 2011, Mumbai

What is the cost to come and watch and at what time will they start ?

Suppose I come and do not want to take part then is there a Food Stall to buy Lunch and Coldrinks ?
supercars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2011, 20:20   #3
BHPian

Hi Rehaan, I am thinking of attending. I wanted to know what exactly do we do if I decided to participate. Do we get to use our cars on the dirt track? What exactly are the 'classes'?
carfreak77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2011, 11:21   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
For non-participant passes, you'll need to contact one of the numbers mentioned above.

I'll try and get them to add the specifics to this thread too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77 View Post
I wanted to know what exactly do we do if I decided to participate. Do we get to use our cars on the dirt track? What exactly are the 'classes'?
Yes you'd get to use your car. I'll add to your questions, and hopefully we'll get a reply :

1) Is the autocross for saloon cars on a completely flat dirt area, or are there elevation changes?
2) Is it the same course for the saloon and 4x4s?
3) Roughly how long will the course be?
4) Is it one lap per run, or... ?

Thanks,
R
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2011, 23:32   #5
BHPian

Hello to all Team-BHPians!

Will try and answer your questions one by one..

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post

Suppose I come and do not want to take part then is there a Food Stall to buy Lunch and Coldrinks ?
As for your first question, I'll have to get back to you on that, we plan to start at 10:30AM as of now
There will be a Food Stall, as you may have noticed, this is a "Venky's" Christmas AutoCross, there will be food from Venky's and a pure Veg stall as-well. Will detail you more on that, soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77 View Post
I wanted to know what exactly do we do if I decided to participate. Do we get to use our cars on the dirt track? What exactly are the 'classes'?
Yes you have to use your own Car (Saloon or 4x4). The classes are below:

ELIGIBLE VEHICLES:

For 4Wheelers:
Class 1 - Cars up to 800cc
Class 2 - Cars 801 to 1100cc
Class 3 - Cars 1101 to 1400cc
Class 4 - Cars 1401 to 1600cc
Class 5 - Cars Indian Open
Class 6 - Cars Ladies Class

For 4x4s:
Class 1 - 4x4s up to 1000cc
Class 2 - 4x4s 1001 to 1300cc
Class 3 - 4x4s 1301 to 2000cc
Class 4 - 4x4s 2001 to 3000cc
Class 5 - 4x4s Open
Class 6 - 4x4s Ladies Class

LAST DATE OF ENTRIES: WEDNESDAY, December 21, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
For non-participant passes, you'll need to contact one of the numbers mentioned above.

I'll try and get them to add the specifics to this thread too.

Yes you'd get to use your car. I'll add to your questions, and hopefully we'll get a reply :

1) Is the autocross for saloon cars on a completely flat dirt area, or are there elevation changes?
2) Is it the same course for the saloon and 4x4s?
3) Roughly how long will the course be?
4) Is it one lap per run, or... ?

Thanks,
R
As for the best questions yet :-)
1) - It is a combination of Natural and Flat dirt terrain, with a few dips and basic gradients. No major elevation changes.
2) - Yes, as of now it is the same course for Saloons and 4X4s, we do have provisions to do subtle changes, open up a few "rough" sectors for the 4x4s, but as of now, based on the current "level" of participants, it is the same course.
3) - The original full track is roughly 4 kms. But because we want the Audience to get connected with the sport and stay excited, we're going to use the "short" course, which is just under 2kms. So the action doesnt stop.
4) - Based on the Amount of entries we've received so far, it is a ONE lap run. This could change later on, to best time out of 3 lap run.

Will have the "changes" finalized by Monday, 19th December 2011. Will post the changes here as well as on our Facebook Page -
AutoMission Motorsport | Facebook and on our website -
AutoMission Motorsport, Advance Driving School. Mumbai, India.

Check out Video from our last AutoCross =

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd December 2011 at 11:48. Reason: Changing date in this post too
Pferdestärke is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2011, 10:18   #6
BHPian

Default Re: Christmas Autocross Event : 25th Dec 2011, Mumbai / Pune

Hi,

I have a couple of questions regarding the event

1) We're allowed to use our Stock Cars so I'm assuming no modifications are necessary for participating.
2) It is mandatory to have a FMSCI license? If I don't have one, is it possible to apply for one at the venue and participate?
3) While on the track, do we have to wear a helmet and maybe safety gear(I'm asking for 4 wheelers). If Yes, do we bring our own or it is provided there?

Apologies if the queries sound too rookie-ish or stupid, but I am new to AutoCross and really wanted to have a go.

Thanks
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2011, 12:20   #7
BHPian

@SuperBee
Answering your questions:
1) - No modifications are required. We are encouraging "stock" cars this year, keeps more emphasis on the "driver" than on the car and it's modifications.. That said, some times there arent enough entries in one of the other classes and we usually end up "clubbing" the two groups / categories. Which usually ends up being a little unfair to the non-tuned up cars. As said before, we'll keep you updated and a final list will be ready by Wednesday.

2) - Yes, it is mandatory to have an FMSCI License. You can apply for it at the venue itself and we'll give you a "temporary pass" to take part in this AutoCross. Your license will then be sent to you over a course of a week or so..

3) - Yes, it is compulsory to wear a helmet (and preferably full sleeved shirt/t-shirt with closed toe-shoes, the shirt part is not compulsory, but shoes are). We will not be providing helmets at the venue, sorry..

And as we mentioned, this is a fun-day out with friends. We want everyone to have a go and get a taste of competition in a safe and purpose-built environment. Get your "traffic" frustration out and explore your "need for speed", even though the track is set, so it is more focussed on skill rather than speed, typically you'll not be exceeding highway speed-limits. Compare your driving ability with your mates and other participants and all in all learn the right motorsport club etiquette, while having super fun :-) ...
Old 19th December 2011, 09:01   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

At the Delhi Autocross most of the drivers end up sharing helmets.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...011-noida.html (Maruti Suzuki Autocross 2011 in Noida) will get some pictures starting today as the event finished yesterday
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2011, 16:46   #9
BHPian

Thanks for that Sudev!
Looking forward to the pictures..

Regarding some of the questions - There are a Few UPDATES ----------

We WILL be providing Helmets and Balaclavas to use at the AutoCross to those who do-not have their own, without any additional charges.

We are also doing away with the Late Entry Charges. We have made it more relaxed, so the last day for entry is Wednesday, 21st December, 2011 (as of now ). You can download the Application form with the SR - FMSCI Clubsport Licence Form and Location Map from our Website's Event Page - Please visit - AutoMission Motorsport, Advance Driving School. Mumbai, India. for a download link on the Event Page..

Please send in your Filled Applications to automission.in@gmail.com / viral@automission.in or hansel@automission.in by Wednesday, 21st December..

For payment related queries, contact Hansel Crasto: 9892020492

For Party Passes, contact us for bookings and confirmations.

Thank you!

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th December 2011 at 10:32. Reason: Edit as per PM
Old 20th December 2011, 18:07   #10
BHPian

Hey Rehaan! Thanks a lot for the "edit"

Anyway, here's a little motivator for those who arent too sure about "AutoCross"..

Also tells a little bit about AutoMission, it's vision, mission and goals!!
Pferdestärke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2011, 11:52   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestärke View Post
3) - The original full track is roughly 4 kms. But because we want the Audience to get connected with the sport and stay excited, we're going to use the "short" course, which is just under 2kms. So the action doesnt stop.
4) - Based on the Amount of entries we've received so far, it is a ONE lap run. This could change later on, to best time out of 3 lap run.
Sounds awesome.

Hope we get more than 1 lap! (Personally i'd rather than 2-3 laps of a short course than 1-2 laps of a looong course).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestärke View Post
Check out Video from our last AutoCross
Neat video !

I've registered. Should be there with my Fiesta. Who else is in?

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2011, 12:50   #12
BHPian

Quite a bit of entries in 800 to 1100 and 1101 to 1400 CC..
Your group has around 7 tentative entries.. We will have a confirmed list tomorrow at the event with full details on the Notice Board (once full registrations are complete..)

This isnt official, but as of now, it seems like you'll be getting 2-3 laps on the short course..
Old 25th December 2011, 18:38   #13

Any idea about the results and can anyone post a report about the event please? Thank you.
automatic is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2011, 22:04   #14
BHPian

Hey Automatic, will post pictures and a quick "recap" video from the event soon.. Event had to be cut-down due to light fading off (chief steward and track marshals' decision), infact a lot of participants wanted to go on for 1 more round with their "lights" on, but that would not be possible, as it was a day event.. The 1 lap that everyone got went on smooth and a lot of entries made sure the action was non-stop, from all categories.. I guess Rehaan will be the right person to give a quick report on the event, as I was too "buried" in paper work to even see most of the event. :(

Will also post the Final Results here - But fastest time of the day was Kaushik Shinde in "open class", in his Baleno!
Old 26th December 2011, 08:46   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Picture and story from the participants please. Eagerly waiting for the reports

Last edited by GTO : 27th December 2011 at 14:07. Reason: No one-liners please. However, going to leave this post here so that report starts on 2nd page
sudev is offline   Reply With Quote