Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 4th February 2012, 10:42   #1
BHPian

Default Lavasa Women's Drive 2012

Hey everyone,
The Lavasa women's drive 2012 is here: LAVASA WOMEN'S DRIVE - 26th February 2012

Any T-BHP members participating? Btw, It's strictly for women

My wife is planning to participate but she could not manage to get a navigator to participate with her(must be a women, and mandatory for the event). Are there anyone with strong hearts and here? If yes, please PM me ASAP. She need to register today. She needs some one from Pune.

Last edited by CasperRider : 4th February 2012 at 10:55. Reason: Correction
CasperRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2012, 19:17   #2
BANNED

Default Re: Lavasa Women's Drive 2012

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 6th February 2012 at 14:11.
supercars is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 13th February 2012, 13:55   #3
BHPian

Thanks for everyone who voted for her, and has secured top50 position from Pune.
Now we need a one day rally insurance. Called up reliance with whom I have my existing insurance, and they havenít heard about what rally insurance means. Can someone please guide from where I can get a one day rally insurance?
Old 13th February 2012, 14:46   #4
BHPian

I am getting it from Bajaj Allianz for my wife's car. The car is already insured by Bajaj Allianz. I called up their office in Pune this morning. They mentioned that it is one hour task if the car has Bajaj Allianz insurance and would cost Rs. 500 approx for one day rally insurance.

Not sure about their policies for cars which are not insured by them but they are definitely worth a phone call (Their Pune office no. is 020-66240100).
RishikeshK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 11:25   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperRider View Post
Thanks for everyone who voted for her, and has secured top50 position from Pune.
Now we need a one day rally insurance. Called up reliance with whom I have my existing insurance, and they havenít heard about what rally insurance means. Can someone please guide from where I can get a one day rally insurance?

Normally that's the reaction from every Insurance company, for your convenience I am attaching a copy of my previous rally insurance; it is from Oriental Insurance. You can take a printout of it and show it to the insurance company that you want something like this.
Lavasa Women's Drive 2012-rally-insurance-cover.jpg

To help the LWD participants Rohit (my navigator ) is arranging a TSD camp, I think he has posted the details on LWD facebook page. He can answer all your queries regarding paperwork or TSD calculations.

Cheers!

Alok
Crazy4Power is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 11:28   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishikeshK View Post
I am getting it from Bajaj Allianz for my wife's car. The car is already insured by Bajaj Allianz. I called up their office in Pune this morning. They mentioned that it is one hour task if the car has Bajaj Allianz insurance and would cost Rs. 500 approx for one day rally insurance.
I think they are charging quite high premium, I had normally paid Rs 25 to 50 for 3 day coverage. You can see this in copy attached in previous post.
Crazy4Power is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 19:20   #7
BHPian

Thanks everyone. Finally, Reliance insurance has agreed to provide me a one day insurance at a cost of Rs.67. Made the payment, and waiting for the endorsement. I think the issue is that with less commercial value, most insurance co tries to avoid this.
Old 14th February 2012, 20:01   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Power View Post
I think they are charging quite high premium, I had normally paid Rs 25 to 50 for 3 day coverage. You can see this in copy attached in previous post.
Finally, got it done for Rs. 330 today. That's quite high compared to 25 or 50; but nevertheless, I wasn't aware of the fees when I applied. So, no regrets !!

Thanks for the information.
RishikeshK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 17:43   #9
BHPian

Hello, I have registered for the Lavasa Women's Drive. I have submitted my forms but I am having a tough time getting the one day rally insurance. My car is insured with HDFC ERGO and they for whatever reason are very reluctant to give it. Tried 7 other insurance agencies and all said that only the company that has done your car insurance can do it for you. :(
URJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 15:09   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by URJA View Post
Hello, Tried 7 other insurance agencies and all said that only the company that has done your car insurance can do it for you. :(
I think in this situation you need to take 3rd party insurance from Oriental or some other company. It will cost you something around Rs 1200 to 2000 for a year depending on your car cubic capacity. Pls tell them that you want a topup rally coverage for 1 or 2 days.

Pls check with organizers if they can tie up with some insurance company to solve this problem for all or they can make it optional. I had seen in some rallies they even allow a indemnity stating that all responsibility will be yours in case of any accident etc.
Crazy4Power is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 15:21   #11
BHPian

I finally managed to get it from HDFC ERGO itself (for Rs 30) but it took many calls and pressure on them. I have submitted it to the organizers just an hour back.

I had called the LWD people and told them about my situation and they were kind enough to give me an extension on the deadline to submit it.

Now with all documents submitted, I am ready to go for the briefing at 4:30pm today.
Old 19th February 2012, 10:55   #12
BHPian

Yes, most private insurance players will try to avoid this as there is very little commercial benefit for them. When I read the fine prints in the insurance agreement, this comes under a category of add on cover. So one must ask for a an add on cover and they will have to oblige. Asking for rally insurance straight seems to put them under a denial mode, as something like that doesnít really exist for private cars. This was my learning during this exercise.

And please look out for a black Scorp with T-BHP logo on 26th from Pune. I hope yours have one too
Old 19th February 2012, 14:22   #13
BHPian

True, now i am just glad they did eventually give it.

I attended the briefing yesterday. There were around 700 women present for it. Collected the kit, stickers, tshirt, cap and a cool car pen.

I will be driving a white Honda Accord. Don't have a t-bhp on this car. but my participant number is 344.

So only 3 women from t-bhp participating?
Old 19th February 2012, 22:40   #14
BHPian

This is the cool pen that we got with the kit at the briefing yesterday. It is a cause of envy
Attached Images

Old 20th February 2012, 11:44   #15

I am participating too along with my Sister in law and its our first time in a car rally. Am quite excited about it.

As for the One day car dally insurance, I got it through my car dealer Spectra as they only do my insurance every year.Had to pay a nominal sum of Rs. 66 for the same.
Pottermore is offline   Reply With Quote