Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Closed Thread

Old 27th March 2006, 20:29   #16
BHPian

hey i feel we can do absolutely nothing bout jokers who think they are entertaining us with their stunts. i for one feel the organisers should seek police help in catching and punishing those guilty of such cheap stunts. if it werent for our safety and that of our vehicles parked close to these stuntmen i would say it would be fun to see them crash and learn the lesson of their lifes. an entry fee will to some extent restrict the unwanted junta or rather those who arent really interested.
Old 27th March 2006, 20:41   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Please see my reply to Rtech. It takes two hands to clap - if you have a bunch of people that arent told where they have to go or what they can do, how do you expect discipline? There is NO self-governing society in this world - you need rules, whether it is for participants or for spectators. Those breaking the rules should be punished, and VISIBLY. Only then can you have discipline.
I agree with you and how! Discipline is the word and that is missing. From those organisersí and spectatorsí dictionary.
Though I believe that this year Bombay run was better.
Quote:
Obviously you dont need them to do it INSIDE the venue....people come there charged up, and it is only natural that some of them will get carried away enough to try stunts - provide a separate area where people can try out their skills safely.
This is pipe dream Steer. Iím ready to wait all my life to see them (organisers) doing such things.
Quote:
You need a safety valve somewhere - its a sport that drives up the adrenalin, and you cant expect people to sit down and behave like they're attending a Kishori Amonkar concert.
These people donít attend Kishori Amonkar concert. If that was the case, they would have behaved in a different manner.
Quote:
Yup, and let it remain a closed community.
I donít agree here. If paying a nominal entry fee of 100/- or such leads to a close community situation, then Iím sorry to say, So be it. Money is not the issue here. If somebody pays an entry fee..his behaviour changes because he expects some return.
Quote:
I understand the sentiments of those that want a quiet and orderly event, but we're trying to do away with the issue instead of addressing the issue and turning it into an advantage.
Ask any of these organisers, why they canít provide a proper set up? Theyíll give you the reason..MONEY. Which apparently they donít have after blocking the venue and paying cops and ambulance etc...Entry fee can be used for providing a proper set up.
Quote:
Why do we then complain that MotorSports is such a nascent sport in India with hardly any following?
Because weíre yet to get serious in this area.

Steer, Iím not arguing with you or anybody. But I believe in what I say. Iím watching this drag business for years and know what goes behind.

If you have strong objection..letís talk about it when youíre here... With single malt, to come to any conclusion.
Old 27th March 2006, 20:58   #18
Team-BHP Support

Let me talk from an organisers point of view.

Problem #1: Money. Yes, it costs a bomb to cordon of the area we are looking at. And by barracading, I mean really good barracading. You would not believe the cost. Its simply not feasable given the budgets being adhered too.

Problem #2: Even with the best barracading in the world, you still need manpower to control the crowds. That adds to the expense.

Problem #3: Taxes. The minute you start charging for entry fee, Mr. Taxman decides that the organiser is making a bucketload, so they want their bit. Entertainment tax, licences, etc etc. The hassels are multiplied and so are the budgets. In the end, its not worthwhile for the organiser to charge an entry fee as the monetory benefit is negligable, but the associated problems are huge.

Problem #4: The indian public itself. Sorry steeroid, public is not the same everywhere. See any Golf tournament abroad, even when the biggest stars are playing. They are held back with only a rope. Now imaging the situation if Sachin were playing a celebrity golf tourny here with entry open to all. (YEs, golf may not be the best example, but you get my point). Its the basic mentality in India. Just observe any line and you see the same thing. Pushing, shoving etc etc. We are just not an orderly society.

Its easy to blame an organiser for everything, but that's not right.

Last edited by Rtech : 27th March 2006 at 21:00.
Old 27th March 2006, 21:01   #19
BHPian

I was all excited from yesterday's Team-bhp bangalore drive and next thing I receive information about plenty of racing events materialising. April is gonna be busy for the Bangalore motorsports scene, so mark your calendars, the events during April are:

1) 8th April - Autocross (may be postponed)
2) 12th April(yes, it is on a wednesday) - Hillclimb at Nandi Hills.
3) 16th April - another drag (not sure who is organising)
4) 22nd/23rd April - the most eagerly awaited SpeedRun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Rs 50 entry fee for students. 150 for others.

And an Rs 10 parking charge for 2 wheelers, and Rs 25 for 4 wheelers.
I think this is a fare fee, even Rs.50 for all visitors will do the trick. Most important, they should have a fence to stop people(like in the speedrun poster) from stepping into the track. This will help the racers concentrate on just racing.
Old 27th March 2006, 21:11   #20
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

22nd and 23rd ?? Damn , psycho that leaves us less than a month to work on my car ..

Btw guys , having seen the situation at jakkur , it makes sense to collect a nominal entry fee for all the spectators .. Like 50 bucks for students and 100 bucks for the rest .. Make sure that a security guard is appointed at the parking lot gate so that there is no misbehaviour done there .. Also those who try to show off their skills should be dealt with seriously ..

So bombay boys , chennai annas ?? How many of you coming down to bangy for the drag ??

From what i hear there could be a few monsters coming down .. A few EVO IX's , a 500 bhp+ boxter , a couple of super balenos and VTECs .. The super e-zens looking to break into the 13 sec barrier , couple of bzens , Vtec zens etc etc ... Also from reliable sources i hear that we could have 2 skylines and the supras taking part too .. I just wish this comes true ..
Old 27th March 2006, 21:12   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Perfect. But also they need to know the other side of it..something known as discipline.

Yes and what they ignore is the safety factors. At least in Bangalore. I’m seeing it every year and sorry to say that unruly numbers are increasing every year.

Within one hour from the opening, most of those tin barricades will be broken down.

Hundreds of heroes will start showing their skills..even if they don’t have...wheelies...360 degree...powerslides and what have you.

Some accident should happen and everybody will start running across the track...canceling events as a result. Last year five speeding bikes rammed on to an Accent...and all these happen where they’re not suppose to do these.

Only way to do this is to charge entry fee. According to me that should be stiff...to prevent anything-for-fun-will-do-types.
see the thing is you can pay a stiff fee but what about us we are not that rich enough and to tell you frankly i dont get even a monthly pocket money and because of that 4 or 5 guys you are blaming the entire youth that's not fair. we just want to watch the speedrun in peace and i am ready to pay 300 for two days not more than that but the thing is there is no entry fee and the rich get free vip passes this makes us feel that there is some discrimination
p.s I am sorry mods if i have offended someone

Last edited by kooldude : 27th March 2006 at 21:21.
Old 27th March 2006, 21:34   #22
Senior - BHPian

Finally. confirmed eh???? Awwweesssome!!! I have been waiting like hell for this years speed run. Best of luck to all the participants especially Psycho with his prepped esteem, go get 'em this time dude...

Talking about the crowd, yes a nominal fee is a must to keep the gawar janata out. Infilteration of slum dwellers is a common scene in Jakkur strip coz there arent any cops securing the area from the extreme right side end on the total enclosure, there are lots of them towards the main gate otherwise controlling civilized mass.

SUGGESTION: Participants from the forum can let the others know about their cars/bikes which are going to participate...

Let me start with myself, Im gonna run my vtec in the prostock category. This is the first time my OHC will see the drag strip. Im no professional so Im enthusiastic and not too hopeful Just got a few small mods on my car, so my skills will matter the most...will try and practise few launches...

Best of luck to others...
Old 27th March 2006, 21:42   #23
Senior - BHPian

Exclamation

one question: are we discussing about entry fee in this topic? because I am in favour of charging fees, and have good argument against those who think otherwise. But I don't want to do it at the risk of getting this topic wayyy off its core topic.
Waiting for response from one of mods.
Old 27th March 2006, 21:48   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooldude
see the thing is you can pay a stiff fee but what about us we are not that rich enough and to tell you frankly i dont get even a monthly pocket money and because of that 4 or 5 guys you are blaming the entire youth that's not fair.
Hello sir, did I say entire youth anywhere in my post? Did I say any thing about Bombay run? I have not been in any of the Bombay drags so I cannot comment on that. I specifically talked about Bangalore run and those who create nuisense.
Quote:
we just want to watch the speedrun in peace and i am ready to pay 300 for two days not more than that
Sure you do, because youíre one of those proper auto lovers. But there are others who are not.
Quote:
but the thing is there is no entry fee and the rich get free vip passes this makes us feel that there is some discrimination
Thatís always the case in our country. Donít get upset on that.
Quote:
p.s I am sorry mods if i have offended someone
No, youíve not.
Old 27th March 2006, 21:54   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Hello sir, did I say entire youth anywhere in my post? Did I say any thing about Bombay run? I have not been in any of the Bombay drags so I cannot comment on that. I specifically talked about Bangalore run and those who create nuisense.

Sure you do, because youíre one of those proper auto lovers. But there are others who are not.

Thatís always the case in our country. Donít get upset on that.

No, youíve not.
i am sorry didnt read that anyways you know guys like me wait whole year for the speedrun and then we dont get to watch it even if we are ready to pay a entry fee that gets
Old 27th March 2006, 22:13   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Let me start with myself, Im gonna run my vtec in the prostock category. This is the first time my OHC will see the drag strip. Im no professional so Im enthusiastic and not too hopeful Just got a few small mods on my car, so my skills will matter the most...will try and practise few launches...

Best of luck to others...
This guy pack's some serious punch guys ..watch out for him......
All the best wolf! god speed.

Last edited by redrage : 27th March 2006 at 22:15.
Old 27th March 2006, 22:24   #27
BHPian

Hey bangy boys i will be coming for the 1st time for the Banglore run how far is this place (jakkur airfield) from St thomas town ?
Old 27th March 2006, 22:29   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam
Hey bangy boys i will be coming for the 1st time for the Banglore run how far is this place (jakkur airfield) from St thomas town ?
There are 2 St Thomas towns in blore, could you shed some light on the area around it?

redrage; Thanks man, appreciate it.

Last edited by The Wolf : 27th March 2006 at 22:31.
Old 27th March 2006, 22:41   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
22nd and 23rd ?? Damn , psycho that leaves us less than a month to work on my car ..
hahaha.. nice try... wait your turn bro.. i am participating in this one too and we have some mods planned for my car.. i will also be entering the esteem for this speed run..

best of luck to all the guys who are participating in this one..

@Wolf.. good idea to let people know who all are participating in this speedrun..
Old 27th March 2006, 22:43   #30
BHPian

[quote=The Wolf]There are 2 St Thomas towns in blore, could you shed some light on the area around it?

I myself really dont know exactly but its near phazer town the pin code of the area is 560084
Closed Thread