Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2012, 20:07   #61
BHPian
 
taranonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: India
Posts: 279
Thanked: 105 Times
Default Re: Take your car for a spin on BIC - India's F1 circuit!

Uploading track timing sheet. I finished 4th.
Attached Thumbnails
Take your car for a spin on BIC - India's F1 circuit!-track-timings.jpeg  

taranonline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2012, 23:14   #62
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 35
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Take your car for a spin on BIC - India's F1 circuit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
Lovely Images there Nitin.

Did you lapped the track too on your KTM? If yes, what kind of time you manage to post?
Are You kidding me, Why Should I bully me Pony there, NO, Hell No.
Rather, I was riding besides the track on the Service Lane for Best pictures.

If You've liked the Pics, BB, I can add some more,but before someone beats the Crap Outt'a me, You can anyways Check on the FB, Atleast you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranonline View Post
It was great fun!!! I really enjoyed. Did anyone manage to take pics of white BMW PJO 3.(24)
I may Have, will Check and update tomorrow, Else will ask a friend to share, he also may have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranonline View Post
Uploading track timing sheet. I finished 4th.
KUDOS, Man!
contact.nitin7 is offline  
Old 24th April 2012, 08:41   #63
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 35
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Take your car for a spin on BIC - India's F1 circuit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranonline View Post
Uploading track timing sheet. I finished 4th.

For you Bro,

Take your car for a spin on BIC - India's F1 circuit!-beemer_img_0928.jpg


Br,
Nitin
contact.nitin7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2012, 08:44   #64
BHPian
 
taranonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: India
Posts: 279
Thanked: 105 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by contact.nitin7
Are You kidding me, Why Should I bully me Pony there, NO, Hell No.
Rather, I was riding besides the track on the Service Lane for Best pictures.

If You've liked the Pics, BB, I can add some more,but before someone beats the Crap Outt'a me, You can anyways Check on the FB, Atleast you can.

I may Have, will Check and update tomorrow, Else will ask a friend to share, he also may have.

KUDOS, Man!
Hey thanks man. What were you driving?

Waiting for the pics
taranonline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2012, 12:39   #65
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 35
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Take your car for a spin on BIC - India's F1 circuit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranonline View Post
Hey thanks man. What were you driving?

Waiting for the pics
I was officially covering the event, Taran!

We took a spin on it a day before, for placing the Red cones you used to notice as the Braking Points, I was On My KTM in the Service lane trying get pictures, But I left by the Time Cars Started to take a Spin, Else I wanted to take that Where on "T16", you Ran wide screeching the Tires

More Pics, Whooaa, I have dying for someone to ask me to post.











contact.nitin7 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th April 2012, 12:49   #66
BHPian
 
taranonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: India
Posts: 279
Thanked: 105 Times
Default Re: Take your car for a spin on BIC - India's F1 circuit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by contact.nitin7 View Post
For you Bro,

Attachment 919691


Br,
Nitin
Bro thank you soooooo much. Can you please email me high def pic on taranonline (at) gmail.com
taranonline is offline  
Old 24th April 2012, 15:33   #67
BHPian
 
taranonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: India
Posts: 279
Thanked: 105 Times
Default Re: Take your car for a spin on BIC - India's F1 circuit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by contact.nitin7 View Post
I was officially covering the event, Taran!

We took a spin on it a day before, for placing the Red cones you used to notice as the Braking Points, I was On My KTM in the Service lane trying get pictures, But I left by the Time Cars Started to take a Spin, Else I wanted to take that Where on "T16", you Ran wide screeching the Tires
BMW DTC saved me all the time . The red roadster spun around turn 13-14.
taranonline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2012, 22:41   #68
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 35
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Take your car for a spin on BIC - India's F1 circuit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranonline View Post
BMW DTC saved me all the time . The red roadster spun around turn 13-14.
DTC, even the Beemers had to keep the DTC on because T13-14, and 16 are pretty sharp, but to make it easier yesterday, i.e on saturday, we removed the Chicane at T6-7, other wise these cars would have toppled there, that's a pretty sharp chicane..

Some of my pics from the cannonball event will show that to you, Nitin Gupta Pictures on FB, can help you see that.
contact.nitin7 is offline  
Old 25th April 2012, 11:34   #69
Senior - BHPian
 
asr245's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,134
Thanked: 351 Times
Default Re: Take your car for a spin on BIC - India's F1 circuit!

2 questions:

- What's DTC?

- I am still not clear as to how much track time you get if you pay for one session. Is it 20mins for a session or as someone said 3 20mins "sessions" made one session?
asr245 is offline  
Old 25th April 2012, 12:12   #70
BHPian
 
toothless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 68
Thanked: 54 Times
Default Re: Take your car for a spin on BIC - India's F1 circuit!

The black car with the team-BHP sticker was mine. I was driving the stock fiesta (16), finishing second to last
It was quite an experience! As someone mentioned before, it looks so easy when we see the F1 drivers doing those laps but it really kicks in when you take to the wheel yourself. Taran almost spun at T16... i overshot a chicane once, there was a silver Merc E class which spun on T16.

As for the sessions, a single session was for 20 mins (~5 or 6 timed laps) and there were 3 batches of 3 sessions each, you could register for a single session (~8K) or for 3 sessions (~19K).

Edit: DTC, AFAIK, is Dynamic Traction Control

Last edited by toothless : 25th April 2012 at 12:17.
toothless is online now  
Old 25th April 2012, 15:28   #71
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 35
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Take your car for a spin on BIC - India's F1 circuit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
2 questions:

- What's DTC?

- I am still not clear as to how much track time you get if you pay for one session. Is it 20mins for a session or as someone said 3 20mins "sessions" made one session?
@ASR - 245,
1) DTC - Means, Dynamic Traction Control, another electronic gadgetry added by the companies, to reduce the human effort

2) There were 3 sessions in the entire event, each session = 20 mins on the track, one could do 3laps, in that time, if you are fast may be 4!!!
contact.nitin7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 16:25   #72
BHPian
 
taranonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: India
Posts: 279
Thanked: 105 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothless
The black car with the team-BHP sticker was mine. I was driving the stock fiesta (16), finishing second to last
It was quite an experience! As someone mentioned before, it looks so easy when we see the F1 drivers doing those laps but it really kicks in when you take to the wheel yourself. Taran almost spun at T16... i overshot a chicane once, there was a silver Merc E class which spun on T16.

As for the sessions, a single session was for 20 mins (~5 or 6 timed laps) and there were 3 batches of 3 sessions each, you could register for a single session (~8K) or for 3 sessions (~19K).

Edit: DTC, AFAIK, is Dynamic Traction Control
What was your car number?

Hey buddy, with dtc you just cant spin lol... It pulls rear brakes accordingly and stops tail spin out. I was very confident at all turns. Touchwood.

When i overtook you near turn 16 I gave you left turn signal for reference.. Don't know why. Haha..

It was very very awesome.. U were driving quite well.. Loved your car Tbhp sticker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by contact.nitin7

@ASR - 245,
1) DTC - Means, Dynamic Traction Control, another electronic gadgetry added by the companies, to reduce the human effort

2) There were 3 sessions in the entire event, each session = 20 mins on the track, one could do 3laps, in that time, if you are fast may be 4!!!
Hey mate, No most car did 6 laps. Check the above timing sheet.

Also check videos on my thread. They are awesome.

Last edited by taranonline : 25th April 2012 at 16:34.
taranonline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2012, 09:27   #73
BHPian
 
toothless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 68
Thanked: 54 Times
Default Re: Take your car for a spin on BIC - India's F1 circuit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranonline View Post
What was your car number?

Hey buddy, with dtc you just cant spin lol... It pulls rear brakes accordingly and stops tail spin out. I was very confident at all turns. Touchwood.

When i overtook you near turn 16 I gave you left turn signal for reference.. Don't know why. Haha..

It was very very awesome.. U were driving quite well.. Loved your car Tbhp sticker.
I was car no. 16 and I wish I had the traction control thing too
About the turn signal, wife and I did notice that and were thinking we should do the same... force of habit i guess

Any pics of my car on the track? Its the black fiesta with a HR 26 registration.
~
Puneet
toothless is online now  
Old 30th April 2012, 16:23   #74
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sudev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,434
Thanked: 1,912 Times
Default Re: Take your car for a spin on BIC - India's F1 circuit!

I participated in my i20 diesel and was car #42 and was allotted Yellow group. The participants were broken down in to three groups Green Yellow and Red. Ostensibly this was to keep control on number of cars on the track at one time. It is another matter that this control did not work.

Okay let me relate from start.

Five odd days before the event I came across the flier sent out by BIC chaps. You can gauge the level of communications by who ever was marketing the event that such messages did not reach interested people in the community. I would not qualify myself as particularly high interest person but knowing that I am involved in lots of motorsport activity and I was the Chief Marshal for the first F1 race it seems indeed a bad outreach.

Anyways on checking found few people I knew had already registered. I was in two minds about participating. On the negative side one the fee was very high and two I really did not have a fast car. All I had is my regular road use i20 diesel with normal tyres and suspension.

After a bit of introspection I decided to participate in any case and lay down the goals or objectives that I would be looking to achieve. With that decided I contacted quite a few friends from the motor sport fraternity and was surprised that I was not the only one not in picture. Most of them were not aware or vaguely knew about this.
sudev is offline  
Old 30th April 2012, 17:41   #75
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sudev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,434
Thanked: 1,912 Times
Default Re: Take your car for a spin on BIC - India's F1 circuit!

I contacted the BIC entry coordinator and was told that the entry list is almost full - the had a limit of 90 slots - and so I should hurry the process. In actuality I do not think there were more than 60~70 entries. Marketing bluff?

I made the payment on Saturday - that is a day before the event - along with a bunch of others. I got a confirmation email but this only confirmed the entry. The confirmation email did not mention any details about what to wear or that helmets are mandatory etc etc. Another email was received late at night asking for reporting at 0900hrs next morning.

On reaching the venue there was a bit of confusion happening. The bikers were being checked in and the desks were slow in processing them. So we had to wait almost an hour and half. So much for the report early email. The registration of giving photocopy of your license and showing the original. Plus a indemnity form was to be signed waiving all our rights etc. etc. and taking for all liabilities etc, etc. that may arise. One had to pay Rs100 for the blank indemnity form. In cash. Strange. They could very well have charged this in one shot. I would have gladly paid Rs18849 instead of Rs18749!

Some of us were driving multiple rounds in multiple cars but BIC people did not have a clear procedure for handling this. They were giving out one glass sticker per person while some us of needed two three!! This was sorted out between the registration desk and race control and we were told that do not "stick" the sticker but merely place it on dash. Take one car in at a time. Logical. Only some one forgot to tell the security who insisted that the sticker be pasted. and "they" would not talk with admin or race control.....!!!!

While this may sound a simple problem please understand that the track is spread over a large area. Registration building was kilometer away. Anyway a proper solution was finally put in place and we were able to enter the pit area and line up the cars. Waiting for the bikes to complete their rounds.

Standing on the pit walls people were busy clicking and ogling and some of the fantastic two wheeled machines being driven by GODS - Group of Delhi Superbikers.
sudev is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Increasing your Car's IDV during insurance renewal -Whats your take? VMC Indian Car Loans & Insurance 29 6th September 2016 17:57
Chevrolet shelves Spin MPV for India, will launch Beat Activ dZired The Indian Car Scene 4 15th June 2016 12:17
MotoGP Coming To India (BIC) in 2013! ashwin.terminat Int'l Motorsport 6 8th August 2012 20:06
Is it a problem if the car isnt take out for a spin once or twice a week? GTS Technical Stuff 7 24th April 2012 16:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:45.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks