Senior - BHPian

there are so many chats here than pics and vids :(
jesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2006, 11:39   #107
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkarthik
None of Raj's cars have a turbo on them.

Indian open
1] Ashutosh -grey zen ET 13.8 (a record again)
HHHmmm .. Weird .. Because 3-4 days prior to the drag i happen to pass by raj's place and from what i remember i certainly saw a TCed swift .. Or is it someone else's which had come over to raj's ??

Btw , karthik the MC announced that ashu's zen had clocked an ET of 13.1 and not 13.8 as u mentioned .. Can u confirm this ??

Also , slightly OT .. What does ur ECU basically do on the cars .. Say like wolf's VTEC or sharat's zen .. As in , does it only fool around with the AFR's or have u removed the revv limiter or shifted it as well ?? Its great to have some one among us do all this stuff , would like to know more ..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2006, 11:44   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan
Another thing guys, Narain was supposed to be the chief-guest for the Speedrun.... makes me think if he was in India at all especially with F1 happening yesterday. What do you think guys, was it a publicity gimmick by BP?
must be who knows may be this was a publicity gimmick

for me the speedrun was ok the best speedrun was 2003[/quote]

You bet it was a bloody lie. We, the press, were constantly told by the PR agency he is coming while we knew all the while Frank Williams would not let him go during a race weekend. How will a test driver be allowed to loaf all over the world during a race weekend?
Vivekphadnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2006, 12:27   #109
Senior - BHPian

Sharath running a TC?! Hahahaha...man that's hilarious.

Karthik, what's going on for Balenos? Also, if I give you any OBD 1 ECU, can you do something with it?
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2006, 12:46   #110
BHPian

@v1p3r @mclaren

Spoke to ashutosh, its 13.8.

Sharath's car is not fuel injected.

My ECMs are standalone systems. The original ecu is untouched. Visit www.racedynamics.in for more info. BTW, 4 out of 5 cars running on our ecm had a podium finish .
rdkarthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2006, 12:49   #111
Team-BHP Support

Looks like this thread has run it's course. Don't see any new reports/photos, closing thread. PM the mods if this thread needs to be reopened. Thanks everybody for your reports. - Mod Team
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2006, 16:35   #112
Team-BHP Support

The thread has been reopened for posting videos, kindly refrain from chatting on the thread, Jesal has a legitimate point.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2006, 16:41   #113
BHPian

Got some pics from my friend. Sorry about the big images. Here goes...

Wheelieboy at what he does best

Syed in the wheelie competition.

Muthu from Team Motokraft. All 3 bikes won in their respective categories. 2 first places and 1 second.

Raj posing with Team Motokraft's Tuner Bali(In grey shirt). That's me at the extreme right.

Limited Edition Rossi 46 Yamaha

Ravindra from TVS factory team.

Ranjit's Porsche

Sharath's E-Zen.

Team PowerWheels (Raj's Team)

Group photo of Rajs team

Pugs Interiors

Pug's Engine bay. Bit of Bad luck, the car didn't do too well this time.

Last edited by S@~+#0$# : 26th April 2006 at 16:59.
S@~+#0$# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2006, 21:09   #114
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Wolf. U did better than expected. I thought the car could have gone quicker but i didn't realise the ET was without the reaction time. So, 16.5 was probably what the car was capable of, in that state of tune.

All you need now, is a great reaction time in the next drag. And a 16 sec 1/4 mile isn't impossible, as the engine has been left untouched. RAC can work on it, for the next event. Then, Karthik can work his magic and give the car the performance it deserves.

I'm planning to run my Vtec in the next drag. No headers, no ecu mods, no performance intake, no nothing. Just a set of 195/60 R14 GIIIs and a stock exhaust, without the end muffler.

I'm gonna run it with everything onboard (including all the seats). Drag Racing ain't my cup of tea, but that ain't gonna stop me from having some fun. Plus, you get a participant pass to enter the pit area. LOL

I'l be happy with anything below 17.5 secs. Hehe.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2006, 21:56   #115
BHPian

Congrats wolf,
u did pretty good.. but I had warned u before.. I asked u too practise didnt I. Had u done that u would have had a better RT and done way better.. wouldnt have been burning ur wheels and spinning on the start.. Anyway.. hope u do much better next time.
Now that we have some idea of what it is like.. u can get works on the engine this time.. why leave that untouched..
I dont know what "phase 1, 2, 3 or whatever is.. all I know is if u could do this with negligible mods then dunno what will happen when u do it.
I am sure RAC will do a great job for that.
A big congrats to Karthik and the entire RAC team .. man ur ECM"S rock.. and together u all kick ***..
@Shan: bro even i will run ma stock bike.. will get a pit pass atleast

Cheers
Shrey
ssjr0498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2006, 21:57   #116
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Shan2nu/ssjr0498...Yes, I think in the same lines...The best I couldve managed is a 16.50secs run with the state of tune it was in! Anyways, I have planned some radical and immediate mods, lets see the gains...As I said, the tyres were pretty disappointing, need to set that right next time around. And yeah I will practise next time...

But with whatever little RAC/RaceDynamics could do given very little time, Im pretty satisfied. Thanks for your support.

Last edited by The Wolf : 26th April 2006 at 22:00.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2006, 22:18   #117
BHPian

hey congrats to all the guys who participated from tbhp
you guys put on a great show best of luck for all the guys who missed the podium
chetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2006, 22:44   #118
BHPian

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suyog_007
The Zen which lost to Supra was Sharad's Zen which produces 350HP with all those modds a turbo charger, head work, 20 pound 4 stage Nos n many more
Coool! Too bad about Leela's """"11 sec""" vtec. never gonna happen. Coimbatore is dead... the grandads of motorsport Rust in peace!! Hats off to the Bangy boys and thier R&D!! they rule!! Plz do retain this post! just wanted to convey this message everyone already knows..also 'cause they wont get conned by hearsay again. Can I also say that i laughed my a$$ off when the Zen beat the Porsche!!! Any guesses who the mighty Porsche belonged to before??!!
Stage3Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2006, 23:20   #119
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage3Monster
Any guesses who the mighty Porsche belonged to before??!!
It belonged to leela right ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan2nu
I'l be happy with anything below 17.5 secs. Hehe.
Shan , the VTEC's clock 17 secs ET stock .. So u should be doing about that much .. The key is to get the RT's right .. Maybe we both could try out our 1st drag entries next time around .. Just hoping atleast some drags happen soon .. If not we will have to be contended with track day ..

Jesal , i think jay already put up a report of the run .. As for the pics and vids i think the members need some time to get them posted as it takes time to cut them short and uploading them ..

As far as the results are concerned , they werent displayed until we left .. Unless someone from ACI , MAI or FMSCI can list out .. Rtech , 2l8 can u guys pls put up the results ??
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2006, 08:29   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage3Monster
Coool! Too bad about Leela's """"11 sec""" vtec. never gonna happen. Coimbatore is dead... the grandads of motorsport Rust in peace!! Hats off to the Bangy boys and thier R&D!! they rule!! Plz do retain this post! just wanted to convey this message everyone already knows..also 'cause they wont get conned by hearsay again. Can I also say that i laughed my a$$ off when the Zen beat the Porsche!!! Any guesses who the mighty Porsche belonged to before??!!
Yes it is a pity that there is no one who can continue the legacy of the great Kari. I still believe that Coimbatore has great potential and is the Detroit of India if there is one. The Porsche belonged to Leela before... have seen it in a drag 3-4 years ago.
S@~+#0$# is offline   Reply With Quote