Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 3rd November 2017, 09:56   #31
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: A Nostalgic look at the Indian Racing Scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
Here are some pictures that I had taken at the Sholavaram race track in the 80's. I was there at the track side as an amateur photographer. I have been thinking of uploading them for a long time, but I guess it had to wait till now. The photographs are in no particular order.
Shall try to put name to few of the pics

Car 99 - Formula India - Kamlesh Patel
Car 72 - Maruti 800 - Kamlesh Patel
Car 66 - Group 2 Fiat - B. Vijaykumar
Car 2 - Lola 750 - Harish Samtani (Previously driven by Jim Crawford for McDowells.

Working on others, shall revert shortly.

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2017, 12:01   #32
Zed
BHPian

Default Re: A Nostalgic look at the Indian Racing Scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Car 2 - Lola 750 - Harish Samtani (Previously driven by Jim Crawford for McDowells
Some of the younger members of our forum would be suprised to know that Tiff Needell (ex top gear, Fifth gear) was a participant, on more than one occasion, at sholavaram. And there was some fantastic wheel-to-wheel racing between Jim, tiff and Kari

The Raju / Raja twins were outstanding on the TZ's & RD's , perhaps its one of them on the TZ 125. I recall a TZ 500 in their garage, not sure if it was ever raced at sholavaram or sriperumbudur
Zed is offline   Reply With Quote