Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Old 16th August 2013, 20:20   #16

Default Re: My first race WIN in the Volkswagen Overdrive Vento Cup at the Kari Motor Speedwa

Hi Shrivz,

Well done!

I could not agree more on the Golden rule - "The more aggressive you get, the slower you go."

Thanks
Jeethu
jeethucj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2013, 21:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: My first race WIN in the Volkswagen Overdrive Vento Cup at the Kari Motor Speedwa

Congrats Shrivz. Here's wishing you many more success and hope you are able to find more time and inspiration to be on the track
mallumowgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2013, 20:09   #18
BHPian

Heartiest Congratulations Vats and neighbour. Way to go, once again, well done.

Regards
M M
mmmjgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2013, 00:03   #19

congratulations mate.
very well written report.
brijwhiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2013, 10:19   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations again, Sri.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
... by the time I crossed the chequered flag, there was a gap of 20 seconds between me and the guy in second place.
Wow Awesome timing man

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
"KEEP CALM! The more aggressive you get, the slower you go!"
Well said and very true.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2013, 12:53   #21
Team-BHP Support

This is great Congratulations! And a great report, thank you for sharing
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2013, 14:12   #22
BHPian

Thank you all for the kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalsa777 View Post
Proud of you bro and a bit jealous too I miss driving competitively.
Must have been a super experience.

I notice that the cars are 5-6 seconds slower than the TDI Polo Cup cars. How is the handling compared to those? Am I correct in noticing some braking instability at the rear?
The handling is very similar to the TDI Polos, however they're much slower comparatively. In the MPI Ventos we were doing 145kph on the straight, compared to 170kph which the TDI Polos did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Great going shrivz, Superb race. Your best lap time during race was 1.5sec faster than your qualifying run .

So, is this just a one off race or is VW planning to bring Vento cup just like the Polo.
There aren't any official details about a Vento Cup being organized. This was a one off exhibition race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSarker View Post
Congratulations shrivz!! Great to see the pictures and the laps! I did go through the Polo R cup thread that you posted. Could you please share a bit on these races, when they occur, how much are the fees, liabilities and paperwork required? Also, is the tsi polo in the running now? Thanks a lot.

And good going mate!!
I was invited to drive here through a contest organized by Overdrive, hence there were no fees. We had to take care of our own travel. The only other expenses were for the FMSCI Racing License, which was about Rs. 4,000/-

The Polo R Cup is the flagship series organized by Volkswagen Motorsport India. These race cars are powered by a 1.4L TSI engine which is Turbo as well as Supercharged and puts out nearly 180 horsepower. More details can be found on www.polocup.in

Last edited by shrivz : 19th August 2013 at 14:14.
shrivz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2013, 22:26   #23
BANNED

Nice job and interesting thread too. Wish they gave you guys better tyres fo rmore fun!
Activ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2013, 11:58   #24
BHPian

Awesome, Congratulations Shrivz!!!
gr8guzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2013, 12:36   #25
BHPian

Congrats Shrivz ... This is an awesome stuff ...
The video tells us how good you were on that track, your entries and exits on the corners were smooth and the gear shifts too looked perfect.

How many bhps and torque were these cars churning out?
Were all the cars same in their specs or you were allowed to tune some components according to the track after the practice sessions?

And I agree with you, the calmer you are, more focus and control you have.
amiya.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2013, 20:02   #26
BHPian

Congrats Shrivz! Thanks for sharing! Nice, crisp write up and agree with you - staying calm would have helped you concentrate better and focus all your energy on to the race!

Race on!!!
Top-Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 14:16   #27
BHPian

Thanks guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amiya.c View Post
Congrats Shrivz ... This is an awesome stuff ...
The video tells us how good you were on that track, your entries and exits on the corners were smooth and the gear shifts too looked perfect.

How many bhps and torque were these cars churning out?
Were all the cars same in their specs or you were allowed to tune some components according to the track after the practice sessions?

And I agree with you, the calmer you are, more focus and control you have.
The engines were bone stock, so 105PS was the power output. We weren't allowed to change any settings during this weekend, not even air pressure. All cars were identical.
shrivz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2013, 16:06   #28
BHPian

TV Coverage of the weekend on CNN IBN. Watch 18:00 min onwards.
shrivz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2013, 09:28   #29
BHPian

Good going man. Carpe diem. Congratulations.
desmoquattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 05:00   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiya.c View Post
.........and the gear shifts too looked perfect....
Not sure how the gear shifts looked perfect since I couldn't see any - is there a cam that captures the gearshift and pedal movements? Pedals in the Vento are close enough for heel-toe, so I'd like to see that.
Activ8 is offline   Reply With Quote